Next year's roster | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Next year's roster

How many of the 13 scholarship players will be on the roster October 15?

Votes: 21 22.8%

Votes: 33 35.9%

Votes: 28 30.4%
  • Other

Votes: 10 10.9%

• Total voters
I see Jimmy staying at Cornell and getting an MBA from that school. I think the Ivy League just allowed one time waiver for the lost COVID season
Jimmy in the transfer portal

Jimmy entered the portal last November when it appeared the Ivy League was going to screw all the Seniors.

Since then the Ivy's have agreed to let 4th year Seniors return next year as Grad students..

He is in the portal and "Scotty" has already locked onto those coordinates

Woody is a tough call. If I’m him, I just wait to see if Quincy and Marek and Allen return. If they do, I can’t see myself getting many minutes next year, and it becomes a challenge to imagine how long it’ll take before I have a major role. If one of them leaves, the picture gets a bit nicer. Two? Better still. He can’t come back to the status quo and expect to play much. Not that he isn’t good enough, but someone has to be subtracted and we just saw how long it took for JB to trust someone after predetermining roles and accountability.

Plus, Jimmy (is) in the transfer portal.

Girards worst enemy 3/4 of this year was the chemistry around him, not himself. Our backline will be so much better for him next year. He never really had much of a chance to take over a game this year.

Jimmy in the transfer portal
Being in the transfer portal just allows other schools to formally contact you. Even if you are in the transfer portal, you can return back to your original school. Most transfers don't but it does't mean you're shutting the door on returning.

Marek gone, barama gone. QG gone. AG gone. Woody gone.

Jimmy B transferring in.

And this is not an opinion. This is what I’m told to expect...

It’s crazy how this Woody stuff has unfolded. And for those asking I give it a 1% chance he’s back

Jimmy B transferring in.

It’s crazy how this Woody stuff has unfolded. And for those asking I give it a 1% chance he’s back
Appreciate your info, thank you.
What do you think about Braswell?

Jimmy B transferring in.

Wild.

Upshot is we would have a lot more natural looking team and rotation, that I can also make sound like a really sweet boy band.

G - Buddy, Kadary, Joey G
F - Jimmy, Benny, Big Bad Bobby
C - Jesse, Frankie, Johnny

Jimmy B transferring in.

It would be nice to hold onto one of those forwards. The Woody thing is nuts but to me that's on him.

What's the realm of possibility that only 6 return ? Honestly? ( I'm not at all knocking you twothree just talking through it)

Is it possible? Of course it is given we have two guys who could have fifth year decisions to make, two guys with going pro early on their mind, a developmental 4 who is a long ways a way and a developmental C who has had inconsistent minutes. Finally also an impatient yet talented frosh who disappeared almost completely after the second pause.

Losing that much would symbolize major problems and is not typically what you see with a team that should be going dancing after really being clearly dead in the water just a short number of weeks ago.

The reason I don't think it's that low is because we have not seen any attrition already. I think that both Alan and Woody are the shinier objects of concern and maybe rightfully so but you see Jesse still working hard, JBA and Frank on the bench going nuts and not lamenting the playing time situation regret. You see a team that is now just a couple pieces short of being top 15 if we don't lose too much.

So while it's possible I think realistically we return more than 6.

Joe, Buddy, Kadary, Braswell, Jesse, Frank for sure. JBA and one of Sid, Marek and Woody.

Q and Griff move on, with different legacies going with them.

You bring in Benny and then you add one or two more. I could see Jimmy and then I could see a late recruiting pickup.

Last edited:
I don't think that one is in the cards. Hope I am wrong but trust what I hear.

It's a shame because I fear he will deal with the grass isn't greener issue if he moves on. Kid could have been one hell of a sixth man as a forward on what looks like it could be a really interesting talented team depending on how things shake out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom