NFL Social Issues | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Social Issues

Unless he has some way to prove that he was aware of her comments prior to the press conference, which seems a little stalky to me, then he's s e xist. That comment was s e xist.

I don't know if you can call someone racist because their father is making racist comments. Or uses language that is typically reserved for one race only.

I'm so glad I don't twitter.
If anyone in my family said something racist and I don't scold them to hell then the person is no better.

She is joking about racism that isn't funny. She made herself a national figure.

I don't get idiots tweeting, even more now than before seeing this bs. What goes through a persons mind thinking ok, I'm going to post my stupid thoughts on social media?? It's a thing, and a very confusing thing.

I don’t get it either. I use twitter for news/info - mainly sports. I can see replying and commenting to newsworthy tweets...that’s basically the same thing as message boards, just in a different format.

But the everyday, regular people who just post their random thoughts...I don’t get it. Almost every single tweet in this circumstance can be summed up with “who cares?”

Give one comp. Just one. You keep talking about effective college players who didn’t last. Name some.

Measurables? He’s bigger than Dumervil and about the same speed. He’s a little smaller, but also faster than Suggs, who is himself a LB. Both of those guys had terrible combines.

There’s data that shows players with similar credentials and/or similar postseason stats who were in the league for 2-3 years. What else would you measure them by?

You're like a dog with a bone on this one. I can't help you here. You see injustice and nobody can talk you out of it.

Tweeting about it right after and stoking the fires, rather than just no commenting it or ignoring it.

Why should she hold her tongue? I don't understand that at all.

Kind of funny having the worst poster on the site making comments about stoking fires...

You're like a dog with a bone on this one. I can't help you here. You see injustice and nobody can talk you out of it.

The funny thing for me with this debate is it completely feels half-hearted from Day2. I think he's playing devil's advocate just to see if he can get a rise out of anyone.

If anyone in my family said something racist and I don't scold them to hell then the person is no better.

She is joking about racism that isn't funny. She made herself a national figure.

Okay.

You have absolutely no clue if she yelled at her dad. None.

I'll give you the joking. Young people are dumb. That's all I can figure.

Right. If she didn’t play the whole thing with Cam up, I’d feel bad for her. But since she was trying to “get” Cam, I don’t.

Young people hopefully will eventually learn to stop being so free on social media.

Ain't that the truth. I told my sons a while ago to be extremely careful with that stuff.

Why should she hold her tongue? I don't understand that at all.

Kind of funny having the worst poster on the site making comments about stoking fires...

I guess if she was squeaky clean, she doesn’t have to hold her tongue. She could’ve let it die out and not make herself a bigger part of it...then Cam looks dumb for his comments and it goes away. Seems like she was trying to make it into an even bigger deal, and of course people went digging and found some comments from her that make her look bad.

Nobody came out a winner here.

Here's what I think about this Cam thing. He was def out of line with his comments. It was disrespectful even tho the question itself was kinda goofy. "Have you been impressed with how Funchess has embraced the physicality of his routes"? Wha??? Then she stoked it pretty good afterward about how she spoke with Cam in private and he was even worse. But gave no details. They deserve each other.

Here's what I think about this Cam thing. He was def out of line with his comments. It was disrespectful even tho the question itself was kinda goofy. "Have you been impressed with how Funchess has embraced the physicality of his routes"? Wha??? Then she stoked it pretty good afterward about how she spoke with Cam in private and he was even worse. But gave no details. They deserve each other.
upload_2017-10-5_15-31-41.png

I guess if she was squeaky clean, she doesn’t have to hold her tongue. She could’ve let it die out and not make herself a bigger part of it...then Cam looks dumb for his comments and it goes away. Seems like she was trying to make it into an even bigger deal, and of course people went digging and found some comments from her that make her look bad.

Nobody came out a winner here.

Damn, you didn't take the bait. Good on you.

I don't actually believe you are the worst poster on the site by the way, that was intentional, and I think you figured that out.

With all the stuff going on these days, whether its the anthem or BLM, or whatever, and Cam's past complaints about his different treatment due to his race, there is no way this issue would go away, even if she said NOTHING.

It's not my fault you can't provide a counterargument.

Is there any chance at all that Cam knew this before yesterday?
No chance. But what she tweeted is worse and should be handled accordingly. That still doesn't excuse Newton.

Whoa. That's weird.

I quoted a post with a white owl and now I'm seeing four black guys. What is happening here?

Kafka's "Metamorphosis?" Actually I scrolled the Giphy page after putting up the owl, and this made me chuckle so I made the switch. Sorry.

edit: It was just for a quick laugh anyway, and now I'm getting out of it.

Last edited:
No chance. But what she tweeted is worse and should be handled accordingly. That still doesn't excuse Newton.

How do you 'handle' something like that? Honestly, it was part of the public domain when she was hired. I have no clue how they can retroactively punish her for this.

These situations will continue to happen as more and more kids enter the workforce. Young people would do well to start businesses that help job seekers clear their electronic records. And a second business that helps companies do these detailed internet background checks.

The funny thing for me with this debate is it completely feels half-hearted from Day2. I think he's playing devil's advocate just to see if he can get a rise out of anyone.
Hahaha. Nah, I really think he deserved more of a chance. There's just not much to say beyond going through the motions when no one can provide a comp. Hard for me to view it as a coincidence when the first time this happens with an SEC DPOY, the player happens to be gay.

How do you 'handle' something like that? Honestly, it was part of the public domain when she was hired. I have no clue how they can retroactively punish her for this.

These situations will continue to happen as more and more kids enter the workforce. Young people would do well to start businesses that help job seekers clear their electronic records. And a second business that helps companies do these detailed internet background checks.
Well, initially I thought Maher should be fired for using the "N" word. Then he apologized and devoted most of the next episode to addressing the issue. It wasn't pitch perfect, but I think it was enough to forgive and forget. Of course, it was a different situation because everything happened in real time.

After Trevor Noah was picked to replace Jon Stewart, you might recall all the old tweets people found, including some that were sexist and anti-Semitic. Like Rodrigue, the tweets were written when he was younger and he claimed he was trying to find himself as a comedian. On the one hand, I gave him a pass because young people say dumb things all the time. On the other hand, the tweets weren't even funny. Anyway, he was on "Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee" and revealed that he has a Jewish grandmother. By then I was ready to move on and didn't mind how Comedy Central handled it. Took my wife a little longer, but she's reading his autobiography now.

Anyway, Rodrigue apologized and she can use the "young and dumb" excuse if she wants. If the Observer wants to suspend her or reprimand her or whatever, that works. I doubt she'll get fired. But yeah, she doesn't come out a winner here.

I'm supposed to disprove your goofy allegations?
You said something to the effect of, "It happens all the time." Give an example with a comparable player.

Right. If she didn’t play the whole thing with Cam up, I’d feel bad for her. But since she was trying to “get” Cam, I don’t.

Young people hopefully will eventually learn to stop being so free on social media.

I've said it before and I'll say it again... I encourage racist / sexist / and just overall stupid people outing themselves on social media .. makes live just a weee not easier for the rest of us

You said something to the effect of, "It happens all the time." Give an example with a comparable player.

There you go again. "comparable player". What the hell does that mean? Btw 7th round draft picks get cut all of the time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom