NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Considering he can’t throw the Duke yet that isn’t anything big.
Eli is probably barely a top 25 QB right now.
Luck has had basically 1 good year and throws the same amount of INTs, without the Rings.

Before you all shart yourselves, yea, Eli had a year or 2 of 20+ INTs.

Just like all the great Gunslingers do.

I’d take Eli over Tannehill in a heartbeat

Luck has had basically 1 good year and throws the same amount of INTs, without the Rings.

Before you all shart yourselves, yea, Eli had a year or 2 of 20+ INTs.

Just like all the great Gunslingers do.
Luck was taking over a crap franchise and made the playoff his first 3 years.
It’s not his fault his organization is a clown show. Who kept an incompetent over his head coach and GM along because of his brilliance.

Eli has had maybe one year where he carried the franchise to the playoffs and that was the year after SB 42.
Eli is a stat compiler but he has never been a top 5 regular season QB.

Luck was taking over a crap franchise and made the playoff his first 3 years.
It’s not his fault his organization is a clown show. Who kept an incompetent over his head coach and GM along because of his brilliance.

Eli has had maybe one year where he carried the franchise to the playoffs and that was the year after SB 42.
Eli is a stat compiler but he has never been a top 5 regular season QB.

2011 was by far Eli’s best “carrying the franchise to the playoffs” season IMO. And not just the playoffs, but the title.

2011 was by far Eli’s best “carrying the franchise to the playoffs” season IMO. And not just the playoffs, but the title.
He carried the team?
His stats are above average but not great.
He was probably the 7th-10th best QB that year in the regular season depending on you feel.
He wasn’t better than that and I would say JPP blocking that FG in Dallas on Sunday night made the team spark.
Giants fans have to circle the wagon for their guy but he hasn’t been a top of league QB carrying the team a la say a Drew Brees.
Eli gets credit for winning in the postseason which is to his credit but if that regular season is where you hang your hat it shows his curve is lower.
His 2 postseason runs are special but honestly only the 2008 regular season is one he was close to top 5 QB and that year Brady was gone.

He carried the team?
He was probably the 7th-10th best QB that year in the regular season depending on you feel.
He wasn’t better than that and I would say JPP blocking that FG in Dallas on Sunday night made the team spark.
Giants fans have to circle the wagon for their guy but he hasn’t been a top of league QB carrying the team a la say a Drew Brees.
Eli gets credit for winning in the postseason which is to his credit but if that regular season is where you hang your hat it shows his curve is lower.
His 2 postseason runs are special but honestly only the 2008 regular season is one he was close to top 5 QB and that year Brady was gone.

One of the worst running games in the league, he threw for 4,900 yards.

He carried the team?
Stay-boy has got to stat-boy.

I find these arbitrary rankings funny.
Well Eli can’t use regular season wins.
His QB rating isn’t ever top better than 8-10th.
His QBR hasn’t been good in a long time.
His best season was 2008.
The guy always puts up numbers but his INTs and fumbles are higher than average.
Eli’s strength has been durability.
You can’t always blame the OL nobody gets perfect protection.
Eli has 2 elite postseasons.
Nick Foles has one elite postseason.

Eli compiles stats but his numbers aren’t that great. They are just good
339 TD passes 228 INT.

He doesn’t even get a 1.5 to 1 TD/INt ratio and the guys before him didn’t play in this pass happy league.
I am comparing him to his Era.

Last edited:
Well Eli can’t use regular season wins.
His QB rating isn’t ever top better than 8-10th.
His QBR hasn’t been good in a long time.
His best season was 2008.
The guy always puts up numbers but his INTs and fumbles are higher than average.
Eli’s strength has been durability.
You can’t always blame the OL nobody gets perfect protection.
Eli has 2 elite postseasons.
Nick Foles has one elite postseason.

Eli compiles stats but his numbers aren’t that great. They are just good
339 TD passes 228 INT.

He doesn’t even get a 2 to 1 TD/INt ratio and the guys before him didn’t play in this pass happy league.
I am comparing him to his Era.

Assigning a number to these guys when so much more goes into it is just too arbitrary. He's on the right side of history of whatever actual metric people get off on.

That's nice.

He's most likely go, he'll be there a million billion years before OBJ, and he won two rings by outplaying the guy on the other side.

Not one person who is a Giants fan or neutral observer would say the Giants should've kept Rivers or drafted Big Ben. Those guys would've melted in New York.

He may not be for someone's fantasy team but them's the breaks.

There isn’t a worse media in the country than Boston media.

They literally hate their fans and just troll the crap out of us. I wish Kaiser had to deal with this local media.

Odds to win each conference
Top 3 AFC:
Patriots+260
Steelers+410
Texans+850

Bottom 3 AFC:
Bills+3300
Dolphins+3750
Jets+4800

Top 3 NFC:
Eagles+420
Vikings+585
Rams+600

Bottom 3 NFC:
Redskins+2750
Bears+4400
Cardinals+4650

DgONkkOWsAEu1Pk

They literally hate their fans and just troll the crap out of us. I wish Kaiser had to deal with this local media.

If that's the case, then Boston media is my new favorite media

If that's the case, then Boston media is my new favorite media
You think Bud P is bad try having Dan Shaughnessy who literally makes Bud look like Sunshine Day with his columns.
Boston media/talk radio are the worst.
If NYC had the run the Patriots had your media wouldn’t be like the Boston media.

I cannot dispute the allegations you are making against the Boston media because I am not exposed to it often, but the article to which you link doesn't seem to deliberately troll fans. That being a fan of a team as successful as the Patriots is not all fun and bliss is a fair (if not obvious) point. I would characterize the author as sympathizing with the plight of the fan rather than antagonizing them. That is just my impression of the article.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom