NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Lol Engram over Gronk.
There you go. Gronk can actually block. Engram is a glorified WR.
Just stop.
Tell Eli to try being a top 16 QB it would be nice to see him be even medicore next year.
Every block gronky throws costs him 2 games.

MVPLi, doesn’t care about your piddly little star standards.

He’s there to make his team better.

If Rodgers and INTBrees had tried that, maybe they’d have more than 1 Lombardi.

:rolling:

The offer was 1 and 3 but Kraft killed it.
The 9ers weren’t giving up the 9th pick it would have been a. 2019 first round pick and most likely 2020 other pick.
The trade got killed.

That's different in that you trade Gronk and lose him for this year yet don't get a player til next year. Given Brady's limited shelf life I can see how that wouldn't be appealing.

Every block gronky throws costs him 2 games.

MVPLi, doesn’t care about your piddly little star standards.

He’s there to make his team better.

If Rodgers and INTBrees had tried that, maybe they’d have more than 1 Lombardi.

:rolling:

INTBrees? haha. He and Eli both have 228 career picks. Yet Brees has played 30+ more games. Of course 200 of Eli's picks were deflections off of his receiver's hands. :cool:

INTBrees? haha. He and Eli both have 228 career picks. Yet Brees has played 30+ more games. Of course 200 of Eli's picks were deflections off of his receiver's hands. :cool:
And the other 28 were Rueben Randle running the wrong route.

Th same guy who went 90-900, then 70-800 then OUT OF THE LEAGUE.

Eli, has always made chicken salad out of checkenshit.

Last edited:
That's different in that you trade Gronk and lose him for this year yet don't get a player til next year. Given Brady's limited shelf life I can see how that wouldn't be appealing.
Which is why Brady threatened to retire supposedly and that is what got Kraft involved.
Gronk wasn’t getting traded till after the draft which is why SF would have done it. These reports came out on Friday.

Which is why Brady threatened to retire supposedly and that is what got Kraft involved.
Gronk wasn’t getting traded till after the draft which is why SF would have done it. These reports came out on Friday.

Selfishly sabotaging the future of the franchise. What an egomaniac.

Selfishly sabotaging the future of the franchise. What an egomaniac.
Yeah I know the guy is only 40 and finished first or second for the MVP the last 4 years and he doesn’t want the team trading one of if not his top weapon what an egomaniac.
The team should be in win now mode.
The freaking Giants could have had their QB of the future and instead are trying to win now when they have bum at QB compared the last 4 years of Brady.

If the Giants had Brady it makes sense to draft Barkley. They have the worst QB and maybe 5th behind Nole Foles in the NFC East.
Belichick isn’t always right. Brady stopping a Gronk trade is good.

Yeah I know the guy is only 40 and finished first or second for the MVP the last 4 years and he doesn’t want the team trading one of if not his top weapon what an egomaniac.
The freaking Giants could have had their QB of the future and instead are trying to win now when they have bum at QB compared the last 4 years of Brady.

If the Giants had Brady it makes sense to draft Barkley. They have the worst QB and maybe 5th behind Nole Foles in the NFC East.

I couldn’t see Eli threatening to quit if they traded Beckham or something.

Giants took the best player available instead of a high bust potential QB. I’m fine with it.

The QBs this year weren’t worth the #2.

Name 1 NFC East QB better than Eli???

We don’t know what wentz will be post injury.

Foles is a nice back up.

Smith would pay $$ to have Eli’s career.

And Dallas hasn’t had a QB since staubach. Aikman in the HOF is another reason why Eli goes in on rollerskates.

Foles is a nice back up.

And Dallas hasn’t had a QB since staubach. Aikman in the HOF is another reason why Eli goes in on rollerskates.

Puh-lease. She-li would’ve been sitting in a B or C broadcast booth after 2 seasons if he was the Jints QB in Aikman’s era.

Aikman won 3; She-li is done.

Thanks for throwing me some red meat.

Giants will win the division this year. Bank on it.
And thanks to Chris Christie, we will all be able to bet it within a short distance from our homes.

Foles is a nice back up.

Wentz is better
Alex Smith is better. Smith right now is miles better than Eli. Manning has the rings for legacy but he isn’t better than Alex Smith right now no way.
Prescott is better. You complain about Eli’s weapons well Dak has his taken away for a lot of last year and he still made the team competitive.

It’s 50/50 on Foles vs. Manning now.

QBs get the credit and the blame.
Giants fans only give Eli credit when they win and it’s always something else when they lose.
He is a bottom half of the league QB right now.

Wentz is better
Alex Smith is better. Smith right now is miles better than Eli. Manning has the rings for legacy but he isn’t better than Alex Smith right now no way.
Prescott is better. You complain about Eli’s weapons well Dak has his taken away for a lot of last year and he still made the team competitive.

It’s 50/50 on Foles vs. Manning now.

QBs get the credit and the blame.
Giants fans only give Eli credit when they win and it’s always something else when they lose.
He is a bottom half of the league QB right now.

Dak’s Numbers were pretty similar to Eli’s last year.

Regardless, not sure what any of this has to do with Brady being an egomaniac and selfish.

Now you can make the argument that he’s right...but that doesn’t change things. He doesn’t care about the future of the team/franchise once he’s out. Fine. It is what it is. I guess they are letting him throw his weight around.

Dak was 4th in QBR last year
Eli was 22nd.
NFL Total Quarterback Rating - National Football League - ESPN

Dak had a QB rating 6 points higher.
Dak was 18th
Eli was 25th.
2017 NFL Passing | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Dak was better than Eli last year. Cowboys didn’t have a healthy OL so you can’t use that. Also they injuries and suspensions to their best weapons.
Dak had 9 wins and Eli had 3 wins.

Dak 2017 > Eli 2017

Regardless, not sure what any of this has to do with Brady being an egomaniac and selfish.

Now you can make the argument that he’s right...but that doesn’t change things. He doesn’t care about the future of the team/franchise once he’s out. Fine. It is what it is. I guess they are letting him throw his weight around.
To your bottom half this about Kaiser vs. me.
He disrespects my guy I disrespect his guy. It’s a duck season rabbit season thing on this board.

I will criticize my guy when he is wrong. Which I think the way he has conducted himself this offseason has been hugely egocentric and I am not afraid to criticize his life coach Guerrero as a shady dude and support Belichick keeping him away.

Kaiser just likes to troll so I give it back on his guy. He never gives #10 any blame or puts his play in context of the league as a whole.

Dak was 4th in QBR last year
Eli was 22nd.
NFL Total Quarterback Rating - National Football League - ESPN

Dak had a QB rating 6 points higher.
Dak was 18th
Eli was 25th.
2017 NFL Passing | Pro-Football-Reference.com

Dak was better than Eli last year. Cowboys didn’t have a healthy OL so you can’t use that. Also they injuries and suspensions to their best weapons.
Dak had 9 wins and Eli had 3 wins.

Dak 2017 > Eli 2017

3,300 yards 22 TDs 13 INT’s 86 rating
Vs.
3,400 yards 19 TDd 13 INT’s 80 rating

Similar.

The QB position wasn’t the difference in 9 wins vs. 3 wins for the respective teams.

KaiserUEO
From PFF.
Eli Manning has been about average as a quarterback during his career. Among the 70 players who have thrown at least 1,000 passes since Manning entered the NFL, he ranks 44th in completion percentage, 18th in touchdown rate, 51st in interception rate, 38th in yards per attempt, 41st in passer rating, and 30th in career winning percentage in his starts. Manning's best ability was his availability, as unlike other players who at times performed better than him on the field. Eli Manning has never missed a start due to injury.

Yet you would take Evan Engram over Gronk though. You probably think Eli is a top 5 QB.

KaiserUEO
From PFF.
Eli Manning has been about average as a quarterback during his career. Among the 70 players who have thrown at least 1,000 passes since Manning entered the NFL, he ranks 44th in completion percentage, 18th in touchdown rate, 51st in interception rate, 38th in yards per attempt, 41st in passer rating, and 30th in career winning percentage in his starts. Manning's best ability was his availability, as unlike other players who at times performed better than him on the field. Eli Manning has never missed a start due to injury.

Yet you would take Evan Engram over Gronk though. You probably think Eli is a top 5 QB.

You should worry more about Julian having “no idea” how he pissed hot.

You are hung up over some average dude with a couple rings. Funny how that is.

You should worry more about Julian having “no idea” how he pissed hot.

You are hung up over some average dude with a couple rings. Funny how that is.
The might start slow like they always
Do.

My team has treated me to 18 years of first class fandom. I have seen enough winning these last 2 decades my team could suck and I can’t complain.
You don’t get the Patriots season has become a 3 week season.
Week 1 AFC divisional round
Week 2 AFC title game
Week 3 Super Bowl.
If you want to say Julian Edelman’s 4 game suspension is going to kill the team then you must think Mark Ingram getting the same suspension will kill the saints.
Pats still have Gronk, Hogan, Burkhead, Michel, Matthews, Mitchell.
They have plenty of weapons.

You don’t get this is a thing between me and Kaiser and want to make it something else.
He hates Boston teams. I am reciprocating with New York teams. The Jets aren’t worth discussion both the Patriots and Giants don’t waste it on them. He attacks Brady ergo I attack his guy.
Cmon man it’s nothing more.

You can’t just talk about stats, when the guy made a couple of the most iconic throws in football history to win Super Bowls.
Nick Foles did the same thing.

Oh no my team is going to start slow like they always do.
My team has treated me to 18 years of first class fandom. I have seen enough winning these last 2 decades my team could suck and I can’t complain.
You don’t get the Patriots season has become a 3 week season.
Week 1 AFC divisional round
Week 2 AFC title game
Week 3 Super Bowl.
If you want to say Julian Edelman’s 4 game suspension is going to kill the team then you must think Mark Ingram getting the same suspension will kill the saints.
Pats still have Gronk, Hogan, Burkhead, Michel, Matthews, Mitchell.
They have plenty of weapons.

You don’t get this is a thing between me and Kaiser and want to make it something else.
He hates Boston teams. I am reciprocating with New York teams. The Jets aren’t worth discussion both the Patriots and Giants don’t waste it on them. He attacks Brady ergo I attack his guy.
Cmon man it’s nothing more.

I get exactly what it is with you and him.

I’m just throwing a little NY Football Giants shade your way, nothing personal about it.

I love you around here, Alsacs. I just hate your sports teams (except the Orange)!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom