NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 127 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Nope, we are and we will.

ALL INTs are the QBs fault.
I am going to work to get you a credential when Eli is retired and his HOF candidacy is discussed by the HOF voters. Each player nominated has an advocate who is charged with arguing why that player belongs.
There is no one in the country who could do it better for Eli Manning than you.

I am going to work to get you a credential when Eli is retired and his HOF candidacy is discussed by the HOF voters. Each player nominated has an advocate who is charged with arguing why that player belongs.
There is no one in the country who could do it better for Eli Manning than you.
Eli throws 5-7 of those a year, for 15 years.

1 year he threw 11 of them alone just intended for Ruben Randle who finished like 80 for 800. But next year he was OUT of the league because film proved what all smart Eli people already knew...

This patsy run is not only Yankees & Canadians-esque, but might be more impressive.

Eli throws 5-7 of those a year, for 15 years.

1 year he threw 11 of them alone just intended for Ruben Randle who finished like 80 for 800. But next year he was OUT of the league because film proved what all smart Eli people already knew...

This patsy run is not only Yankees & Canadians-esque, but might be more impressive.
I am not joking when I say your arguments(plus Baines in MLB)have moved me from firm no to he yes on Eli in the HOF.
I think non-stupid Patriots haters realize this run is off the charts stupid.
Baltimore/Denver/NY Giants are the only teams that have multiple playoff wins against Brady/Belichick.
Denver-3 2005, 2013,2015
Baltimore- 2 2009, 2012
NY Giants- 2 2007, 2011
Indianapolis-1 2006
Philadelphia-1 2017
NY Jets- 1 2010
Missed playoffs- 2 2002, 2008
SBs- 5 2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016.

But it says something that NO only scored two TDs despite all those eagle injuries and one of them was on a 4th and goal.

The Saints played the worst first quarter they’ve played all year. Brees(love him)didn’t get any air under that first pass and paid for it. He also dropped a snap.

Sometimes I think resting players for the teams on byes end up backfiring as those teams end up not being sharp with two weeks off.

There’s no doubt the Eagles came out fired up and they had some magic with Foles. I’m just happy to get out with a win.

I am not joking when I say your arguments(plus Baines in MLB)have moved me from firm no to he yes on Eli in the HOF.
Baltimore/Denver/NY Giants are the only teams that have multiple playoff wins against Brady/Belichick.
Denver-3 2005, 2013,2015
Baltimore- 2 2009, 2012
NY Giants- 2 2007, 2011
Indianapolis-1 2006
Philadelphia-1 2017
NY Jets- 1 2010
He’s much better than Baines, could u at least give me Jack Morris?? Eli wont need a veterans committee. I’ll take the win though. ;)

Anyway, yes, the pats are out of hand. Somebody HAS to beat them, not sure Mahomes and Reid can. Mahomes won’t know what he’s gotten himself into, unfortunately, Reid does all too well.

All these coaches bow to Bill, acknowledge he’s better and look for ways to beat Him and hope they won’t screw it up, some breaks go their way and their team can get lucky.

Coughlin, WANTED, Bill. TC looked at him and said ‘great coach, great team, let’s beat his arse’.

And then got to it.

He really could’ve been 4-0 v him. I’ll give you the 1st Loss, great game and set up XLII.

Denver-3 2005, 2013,2015
Baltimore- 2 2009, 2012
NY Giants- 2 2007, 2011
Indianapolis-1 2006
Philadelphia-1 2017
NY Jets- 1 2010

I'd say the most upsetting loss in that run for me would have been against Rex Ryan's Jets in 2010. I still don't understand how the Pats lost that game after boat racing them a month before.

I'd say the most upsetting loss in that run for me would have been against Rex Ryan's Jets in 2010. I still don't understand how the Pats lost that game after boat racing them a month before.
Pats lost to the Jets that year because of a first quarter INT killing a chance for them to get an early lead and then Patrick Chung on his own calling a fake punt as the personal protector in a 7-3 game and giving the Jets a short field when he missed the conversion and the Jets going into the locker room up 14-3.
Jets earned that win and really that is the only AFC upset the Pats had.
ssbriefcase wouldn’t acknowledge this but the 2005 Pats-Broncos game had a terrible PI call on Asante Samuel defending Ashley Lelee right before halftime that gave the Broncos the lead in a 3-0 game.
It was a chit call that turned the game to Denver but the Pats have had a lot breaks over the years so really can’t complain and I don’t know if they beat Pittsburgh and Seattle after.

The SB 42 loss was an upset as well but Tuck/Strahan won them that game.
The other losses the Patriots were beaten by equal or better teams.

Seems accurate.

But there is a lot of Giants blue in Vermont...
To be fair atleast half of Connecticut is probably Giants fans as well.
New Haven divides the state for the Red Sox-Yankees I am sure it’s close to the same for football as well.
Vermont is wonky but it’s a New England state where NYers vacation in.

I want the Pats to win so the Saints can beat them.
I actually think KC is a better matchup for NO but NE-NO fanbases seem to be pretty friendly.
NO fans supported the NE war on Goodell over deflategate and Jonathan Vilma is loved by NE fans for his support.
Saints biggest rival is Atlanta and they enjoyed the 28-3 comeback. I have seen the barstool 28-3 t-shirt in the Superdome.
So I get Saints maybe wanting NE.

As long as we can all agree that the game ended because Foles threw an INT and he’s the one who lost it for the iggs...we can move on.

If the Gmen could make it work financially they'd drop Eli and add Foles in a heartbeat.

I'm not getting myself involved in any who is better than who debates, but you can't blame that INT on Foles IMO.

Ironic that the guy who explains every Eli Manning INT as somebody else's fault would blame Foles for that INT.

If the Gmen could make it work financially they'd drop Eli and add Foles in a heartbeat.
If I were Foles I want to go to a team a QB away from competing.
Not sure the Giants are ready to compete next year. They have weapons on offense but their D needs retooling.
I think Giants are taking Haskins in this draft.

Foles makes sense for Jacksonsville or Denver.

Really? I hadn’t noticed.
I am fair. I am a fan but I try to call it the way I see it. If I were betting I take KC next week doesn’t mean one iota I want to happen.

The Saints played the worst first quarter they’ve played all year. Brees(love him)didn’t get any air under that first pass and paid for it. He also dropped a snap.

Sometimes I think resting players for the teams on byes end up backfiring as those teams end up not being sharp with two weeks off.

There’s no doubt the Eagles came out fired up and they had some magic with Foles. I’m just happy to get out with a win.

The Eagles were jacked in the 1Q in part because of what happened several weeks ago. Not only did they get shellacked but Payton is throwing deep up 30 late. That almost came back to bite him in the arse yesterday.

Excellent comeback by the Saints. Yeah rust can develop but it beats the hell out of playing three road games in a row. The #1 seed is 24-4 straight up in their last 28 NFC divisional games so HFA is huge.

Not sure the Giants are ready to compete next year. They have weapons on offense but their D needs retooling.

I agree with that. Foles is no dummy. He's not going to base his decision on $$$ alone. He'll want to go somewhere that has a decent coach and a chance to win right away.

You never know - what if NE or NO wins the SB and their 40+ yo QB decides to retire?

I am fair. I am a fan but I try to call it the way I see it. If I were betting I take KC next week doesn’t mean one iota I want to happen.

It’s going to be an interesting matchup. One that can even further alter/cement the Brady/Belichick legacy. This Chiefs offense is a total juggernaut. Maybe something even beyond the Manning Colts teams. Beat KC in Arrowhead and you add another layer to the achievements these guys already have in place.

You know I hate them as much as the next guy but I would never EVER bet against them.

I don't like Foles here. How much $ is he commanding? He should be asking more than Cousins. He has a line in Philly. We just learned this lesson by taking Keenum. Just because somebody looks good somewhere else doesn't mean he'd fit anywhere. We have 1 more year of Keenum's contract and we got a ok price at 9mil. We'd have to watch Foles get used to a new offense. No thanks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom