NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Roger Goodell is a giant POS.
He lets Jameis Winston take a 3 game suspension over the 6 game one mandated by the personal conduct code he hit Zeke with last year.

If you kiss the ring and kneel before Zoodell he lets off easy. See Josh Brown.

This guy sealed up the case and what Winston admitted too isn’t public.

Goodell doesn’t give a crap about women or domestic violence.

What a joke.

Roger Goodell is a giant POS.
He lets Jameis Winston take a 3 game suspension over the 6 game one mandated by the personal conduct code he hit Zeke with last year.

If you kiss the ring and kneel before Zoodell he lets off easy. See Josh Brown.

This guy sealed up the case and what Winston admitted too isn’t public.

Goodell doesn’t give a crap about women or domestic violence.

What a joke.
Seems like a fair guy who will listen.

Unless you are an absolute criminal arsehole and defy the leagues wishes...AFTER he lets you off easy for spying.

Seems like a fair guy who will listen.

Unless you are an absolute criminal arsehole and defy the leagues wishes...AFTER he lets you off easy for spying.
Dude don’t troll on this.
Jameis Winston had to have done something major bad.
He took 3 games because he didn’t fight. His apology is a disgrace he doesn’t say he is sorry to the woman he is sorry he made news.
This isn’t about Brady. It’s a joke that Goodell let a guy get away with groping a woman and affecting her and covering it up.
Goodell is a disgusting but if you kneel before him and know your place he lets you off.

The domestic violence policy says your college stuff should be factored in. Jameis did something at Florida State he should be getting a year.
He is off for 3 games.

Dude don’t troll on this.
Jameis Winston had to have done something major bad.
He took 3 games because he didn’t fight. His apology is a disgrace he doesn’t say he is sorry to the woman he is sorry he made news.
This isn’t about Brady. It’s a joke that Goodell let a guy get away with groping a woman and affecting her and covering it up.
Goodell is a disgusting but if you kneel before him and know your place he lets you off.

The domestic violence policy says your college stuff should be factored in. Jameis did something at Florida State he should be getting a year.
He is off for 3 games.
I’m not sure he did.

I’m sure his past was used against him though.

If u ask me, Id want him suspended for Week 11, but my biased thoughts don’t matter.

I think it’s good the NFL negotiates with people who are willing to be honest.

Ezekiel Elliot gets 6 games for accusations he slapped a college girlfriend while Jameis the Rapist gets 3.

Makes sense.

Winston settling a 2016 lawsuit with his college rape victim was just a simple misunderstanding.

Gawd luv Goodell, our noble protector of women.

Last edited:

The NFLPA is one of the dumbest outfits that has ever existed. Consistently get rolled by ownership every time a new contract is negotiated. Draw a line on the sand with the national anthem yet roll over on issues like Thursday Night football, contracts that are frequently not guaranteed, salary levels that are very inadequate compared to other professional sports, retired players that need serious help with medical care, etc.

The NFLPA is one of the dumbest outfits that has ever existed. Consistently get rolled by ownership every time a new contract is negotiated. Draw a line on the sand with the national anthem yet roll over on issues like Thursday Night football, contracts that are frequently not guaranteed, salary levels that are very inadequate compared to other professional sports, retired players that need serious help with medical care, etc.
They will probably get rolled on this one too. The union is always in a tough spot. NFL careers are short. Players are not willing to sacrifice healthy years for the greater good. Also, in the public relations battle, for some odd reason, fans seem to side with greedy super-rich owners over greedy rich players.

I love how appalled people get about a game normally buried on Sunday at 1, that is now a choice...and a great one at that, to watch on Thursday night, is such a bad idea.

And don’t give me player safety, Thursday’s used to be the 1 day a week when teams really went at in practice.

I love how appalled people get about a game normally buried on Sunday at 1, that is now a choice...and a great one at that, to watch on Thursday night, is such a bad idea.

And don’t give me player safety, Thursday’s used to be the 1 day a week when teams really went at in practice.
3 days of rest in a sport where there is a collusion almost every play.
The body needs time to recover.
Practice speed isn’t anywhere close to game speed.
Plus in the old days you reference not every player is shape and the speed of the game wasn’t close to what it is now.
Thursday night football shouldn’t be all season long. It should be off a bye week and starting in November after Thanksgiving. Season long TNF sucks. The play on the field is bad.

Safety is one factor, but the players aren't recovered. The quality of the games overall on Thursday night's is subpar IMO. I have no stats to back me up but it seems like a lot of Thursday Night games are less exciting and have less quality football. Even if injuries don't happen per se, players are still sore and loose. Last year Doug Baldwin said point blank he could not loosen up with stretching for a Thursday game. I know its only one example.

1. Player safety - a hard practice is not the same as a game.
2. Unfair to teams - having just 3 days to prepare for a game both physically and strategically is a big disadvantage.
3. Are games really “buried” anymore? It’s so easy to watch any game you want these days. This is just me, but I like to make a day of it when the Giants play. Food, beer, etc. The day is centered around the game. I can’t really do that for a Thursday night game. Makes it less enjoyable. Feels like I’m watching out of some kind of duty. Occasionally having the mind wander offf to the next day’s work agenda, calculating how many hours of sleep I’m going to be going in on, etc. It’s no good.

Nah have to disagree there. Thursday night football is a bad idea all the way around but particularly for the players. There's a lot of difference between a practice (you talkin' about practice??) and playing in a game.

1. Player safety - a hard practice is not the same as a game.
2. Unfair to teams - having just 3 days to prepare for a game both physically and strategically is a big disadvantage.
3. Are games really “buried” anymore? It’s so easy to watch any game you want these days. This is just me, but I like to make a day of it when the Giants play. Food, beer, etc. The day is centered around the game. I can’t really do that for a Thursday night game. Makes it less enjoyable. Feels like I’m watching out of some kind of duty. Occasionally having the mind wander offf to the next day’s work agenda, calculating how many hours of sleep I’m going to be going in on, etc. It’s no good.

I agree with all of that. My squad opens the season on a Thursday night, kinda sucks but I guess that's the burden of being SB champs. :)

Is TNF on the NFL network? If so I don't really see how that's much better than burying the game on Sunday at one.

Is TNF on the NFL network? If so I don't really see how that's much better than burying the game on Sunday at one.

I think that's only for half the season, or at least it was last year.

Wait, why am I responding to this? I don't care about football.

NFL season never stops.

But they can't hold a candle to the NBA. I visit espn.com and their top three stories are about what Lebron, Kyrie and Kawhi had for breakfast this morning. I understand they've sunk several billion into the NBA but it's way beyond overkill.

But they can't hold a candle to the NBA. I visit espn.com and their top three stories are about what Lebron, Kyrie and Kawhi had for breakfast this morning. I understand they've sunk several billion into the NBA but it's way beyond overkill.

Hahaha its gossipy and ridiculous but the only alternative is MLB so here I am.

Hahaha its gossipy and ridiculous but the only alternative is MLB so here I am.

Yeah it's a relatively slow time of the year for sports. I just don't remember NBA hot stove talk being as extensive as it is these days. Can't get away from it.

Yeah it's a relatively slow time of the year for sports. I just don't remember NBA hot stove talk being as extensive as it is these days. Can't get away from it.

Lebron.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom