NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

The dolphins dont look that bad..

Perception-wise, sure. But with the all the testing done in the Pron industry, there's no question Mia's cleaner than Reid.

Got about 20 lbs on her too.

Things are a little tense in Foxborough!

Brady calls Edelman question 'ridiculous'
Boston media they are trolls. The question was totally to get a reaction from Brady.
The guy who asked the question is Trollin’ Ben Volin from the Globe.
The Globe hates the success of the Patriots because they are owned by the owner of the Red Sox John Henry.
The jackals in the Boston media are the worse than the DC political media.

They suck. I think Guerrero is shady but I also see the Edelman suspension what most people do that he tore his knee and took an illegal supplement to get back faster.

That suspension has nothing to do with Brady. If the entire Boston media was fired I wouldn’t shed a tear.

Flacco is not in Eli’s class.

Brees is.

Tell him to go to the playoffs more than 7x with only 1 SuperBowl and a 7-6 overall record.

He’s also the true INT King.

But we ignore those facts here, I know.

Sorry.

Stop. Old takes die hard for you. Fake news creator.

Bree's threw 8 INT's last year and 15 the year before.

Eli had 13 last year and 16 the year before.

Stop. Old takes die hard for you. Fake news creator.

Bree's threw 8 INT's last year and 15 the year before.

Eli had 13 last year and 16 the year before.
Old takes and fake news is any anti-Eli is stud and a HOF lock, nonsense.

Old takes and fake news is any anti-Eli is stud and a HOF lock, nonsense.
The fact you call him a lock is beyond laughable.
A lock is a first ballot guy.
Eli if he gets in will be by the hairs on his chinny chin chin.

Eli isn’t a stud. He is a stat compiler who has stayed healthy. That is too his credit but Eli has never been a top 5 QB in the league. He has just be a solid above average starter at his best.

Eli has had to magical playoff runs which helps his case but he is nowhere close to a lock. Nick Foles just did what Eli did in the postseason last year.

To compare this to baseball Eli is like Andy Pettite. Good pitcher in a big market who is loved but was never Elite was very very good.
Him being in the Hall lowers the bar of the elite of the elite. Good postseason numbers help but give
Me a break. A small hall of fame is how it should be. The elite of the elite.

The fact you call him a lock is beyond laughable.
A lock is a first ballot guy.
Eli if he gets in will be by the hairs on his chinny chin chin.

Eli isn’t a stud. He is a stat compiler who has stayed healthy. That is too his credit but Eli has never been a top 5 QB in the league. He has just be a solid above average starter at his best.

Eli has had to magical playoff runs which helps his case but he is nowhere close to a lock. Nick Foles just did what Eli did in the postseason last year.

To compare this to baseball Eli is like Andy Pettite. Good pitcher in a big market who is loved but was never Elite was very very good.
Him being in the Hall lowers the bar of the elite of the elite. Good postseason numbers help but give
Me a break. A small hall of fame is how it should be. The elite of the elite.
If Warner and Aikman are in, so is Eli.

If you want to split hairs on the word ‘lock’ fine.

But if he wins another, he’s a lock under any definition.

Stats and Bling.

Some guys get in on 1 or the other.

Eli has them both.

Lock.

If Warner and Aikman are in, so is Eli.

If you want to split hairs on the word ‘lock’ fine.

But if he wins another, he’s a lock under any definition.

Stats and Bling.

Some guys get in on 1 or the other.

Eli has them both.

Lock.
Kurt Warner was an NFL MVP and took 2 loser franchises to the Super Bowl.
Warner was the best QB in the NFL from 1999-2001.
He is the example of a guy who was elite for a short term and then good a lot more years.

I wouldn't put Warner or Terell Davis in the HOF but atleast they each were league MVPs and their peeks were the best at their positions for 3-4 year periods.

Eli has never been in the best QB in a season or hell even top 5. Eli has been that good number 2 starter who ups their game when he makes the playoffs. He isn't close to a sure HOFer.

Aikman also won 3 SBs. Was first team all-pro in 1993 and second team all-pro in 1994 and 1995.

Meaning he was a top 2 QB for 3 seasons.
Eli has never been an all-pro.

Aikman was lucky he was in that post-Montana ERA pre-Peyton ERA where the league wasn't as deep at QB but he was one of the elite guys.
Eli has been in an ERA of better QB play no doubt but he hasn't been good enough in the regular season compared to his peers.

All Pros/MVPs are big time for HOF status. It's why Rivers or Romo won't get in.

Another DB down for the Chargers. They can't catch a break.

Another DB down for the Chargers. They can't catch a break.
Chargers were the trendy pick to win the AFC West and be a SB contender.
They are beyond snake bitten. They need a TE still and now have lost 2 starting DBs.

It's looking like NE, Pitt, Jax, Hou for the AFC SB berth while the NFC is 10 deep.

Chargers were the trendy pick to win the AFC West and be a SB contender.
They are beyond snake bitten. They need a TE still and now have lost 2 starting DBs.

It's looking like NE, Pitt, Jax, Hou for the AFC SB berth while the NFC is 10 deep.

I'm just going to assume it's NE, Pitt, or Jacksonville at this point. Houston was 3-4 last year even with Watson playing at an MVP level. They were obviously snakebitten last year, but I just don't have faith that they're suddenly going to be an elite team out of nowhere.

He is the example of a guy who was elite for a short term and then good a lot more years.

I wouldn't put Warner or Terell Davis in the HOF but atleast they each were league MVPs and their peeks were the best at their positions for 3-4 year periods.

Eli has never been in the best QB in a season or hell even top 5. Eli has been that good number 2 starter who ups their game when he makes the playoffs. He isn't close to a sure HOFer.

Aikman also won 3 SBs. Was first team all-pro in 1993 and second team all-pro in 1994 and 1995.

Aikman was lucky he was in that post-Montana ERA pre-Peyton ERA where the league wasn't as deep at QB but he was one of the elite guys.
Eli has been in an ERA of better QB play no doubt but he hasn't been good enough in the regular season compared to his peers.

All Pros/MVPs are big time for HOF status. It's why Rivers or Romo won't get in.
Rivera could, Romo has no shot, too short a career without accomplishing spit.

You basically can’t see the forest through the trees on this...and underneith are Mountains.

Brady, happens to be McKinley. Peyton is Jackson Hole, Brees: Vail and so on.

Eli is Killington, he may be more regional than National, but he’s a Mountain.

You can debate the Hall within the Hall and you can keep Eli out of that discussion, I don’t and won’t care if you do, but he’s getting a gold jacket and a bust in Canton.

Guaranteed

Rivera could, Romo has no shot, too short a career without accomplishing spit.

You basically can’t see the forest through the trees on this...and underneith are Mountains.

Brady, happens to be McKinley. Peyton is Jackson Hole, Brees: Vail and so on.

Eli is Killington, he may be more regional than National, but he’s a Mountain.

You can debate the Hall within the Hall and you can keep Eli out of that discussion, I don’t and won’t care if you do, but he’s getting a gold jacket and a bust in Canton.

Guaranteed

I just want to know if you'll agree to be Eli's presenter if Peyton or Archie can't make it.

Eli is lucky he’s played with some good defenses. Bree’s and his brother(outside of 2015) were forced to play arena league football.

Warner and Martz changed the league. There’s no doubt that those offenses had a huge impact on the way the Colts, Patriots, and Saints designed their passing games. I’d add Andy Reid to that as well.

Eli is lucky he’s played with some good defenses. Bree’s and his brother(outside of 2015) were forced to play arena league football.
2007 SB was all the Giants D.
I will give a little more to Manning in the 2nd SB he wasn’t Foles good in either though.

The Giants have won when their D has been good. Eli hasn’t been good enough to carry them with the crap defenses Brady and Brees have had.
The Pats only good defenses were in his first 4 years after that 2003 AFC title game where Peyton/Polian got the rules changed that is when Belichick took the handcuffs off and became more offensive because the Colts bitched and got the rules changed.
The Pats won these last 2 SBs with average to above average Ds and an elite coaching staff and offense.

The difference between Brady and Brees has been coaching. I do think Brady is slightly better but he likely only wins 2-3 SBs with a Payton.
Belichick’s coaching has given him the extra titles.

2007 SB was all the Giants D.
I will give a little more to Manning in the 2nd SB he wasn’t Foles good in either though.

The Giants have won when their D has been good. Eli hasn’t been good enough to carry them with the crap defenses Brady and Brees have had.
The Pats only good defenses were in his first 4 years after that 2003 AFC title game where Peyton/Polian got the rules changed that is when Belichick took the handcuffs off and became more offensive because the Colts bitched and got the rules changed.
The Pats won these last 2 SBs with average to above average Ds and an elite coaching staff and offense.

The difference between Brady and Brees has been coaching. I do think Brady is slightly better but he likely only wins 2-3 SBs with a Payton.
Belichick’s coaching has given him the extra titles.
Pete Carroll and Dan Quinn coached Brady to his last 2 Super Bowl Wins.

Pete Carroll and Dan Quinn coached Brady to his last 2 Super Bowl Wins.
If you want to play that then Asante Samuel and Wes Welker played Eli to his only SB wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom