NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 20 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

If he got to the playoffs more often it maybe those 7 wins are from 2 postseasons. The guy has only made the playoffs 1 time in the last 6 seasons he has started. Joe Flacco has done it as well. He is 9-2 as a underdog QB. I mean Nick Foles just had 3 wins as an underdog last year.

Again Eli isn’t a bum but he has never been at the top of his position in the league or close to it.
If HOFs are suppose to be the best of the best he isn’t in that league.

This Era of football where the QBs can’t be touched has made it possible for QBs to play longer and compile stats.
All Pros tell us who the best of the best are.
My point was he has 8 results in 7 attempts per that Tweet.

My point was he has 8 results in 7 attempts per that Tweet.
I get it but the guy had all 7 of those wins in his 2 SB seasons.

He doesn’t get to the playoffs enough for those stats to really impress. The loss he had was the last postseason appearance he had.

I give Eli his 2 SBs but those title and stat compiling aren’t enough to be considered one of the best of the best.

Alex Smith has been a top 5-10 QB the last 5 years he doesn’t have the postseason so he isn’t a HOFer either.
Alex Smith is 1-4 in the playoffs the last 5 years.
Eli is 0-1.
You let Eli in put Smith/Palmer/Rivers/Romo all these stat compilers in.

Eli’s 2 titles give him an argument but the guy isn’t a HOFer he hasn’t been better than freaking Andy Dalton in the regular season the last 5 years.

Last edited:
And FWIW: Ben in New York means no HOF for him and no maybe no SuperBowls for me.

Rikers Island...

I look forward to this thread when the Giants edge out the redskins to take a wildcard spot

And FWIW: Ben in New York means no HOF for him and no maybe no SuperBowls for me.

Rikers Island...
We have no clue what happens if Eli is in SD, Ben in NY, and where the hell Rivers ends up even though Cowher is an NC State guy and probably takes Rivers.

The point is your boy has 2 titles but he hasn’t been one of the best QBs of this Era.

You guys will always have those titles but we are talking about the best of the best not the guy who had 2 elite postseasons and was mediocre/average and piled stats.

I look forward to this thread when the Giants edge out the redskins to take a wildcard spot
Alex Smith is better than Eli Manning.
That doesn’t mean the Redskins will make the playoffs.
Kirk Cousins is better than Eli and Washington sucked last year.

Wasn’t trying to draw comparisons. Just anxiously awaiting the conversation preceding Eli’s third ring

This whole post absolutely flicking hysterical.

Nice work.

And...

Ben is a sexual predator.

He would’ve been on Rikers 15 years ago and if he wasn’t, in the #metoo era...he be headed there shortly.

This whole post absolutely flicking hysterical.

Nice work.

And...

Ben is a s e xual predator.

He would’ve been on Rikers 15 years ago and if he wasn’t, in the #metoo era...he be headed there shortly.
This isn’t even a debate. Take off the blinders. Better completion percentage, TD/INT ratio, better yards per attempt, more mobile. I mean stop.
Smith isn’t sniffing the HOF but he is a better QB than Manning now.
Same for Cousins. It’s not even a debate. Cousins is better now.

This isn’t even a debate. Take off the blinders. Better completion percentage, TD/INT ratio, better yards per attempt, more mobile. I mean stop.
That’s why they play the games.

And nobody does it better than in ‘the league, where they play...for pay’...

Alex Smith lost his job to Colin Kaepernik and then to Pat Mahomes. He's in the perfect place to play forgettable games for a horrible owner.

Just because you keep saying it over and over again, does not make it true.

I wonder how many GM's would rather have Smith than Eli. I'm guessing not many. Although I am sure you will say the vast majority of them.

I cannot stomach Ray Lewis - IMHO he represents everything that is wrong with the NFL. His whole career he is protected by the league about answering tough questions (about murders and HGH), shrouds himself in the cape of religion, and takes and is given the moral high ground on any detractors who have not seen the light. My mind is boggled by the fact that people have just let him take that role and accept it. I am lost.

Just because you keep saying it over and over again, does not make it true.

I wonder how many GM's would rather have Smith than Eli. I'm guessing not many. Although I am sure you will say the vast majority of them.
Give me a break. Any non-Giants fan can see Smith is better.
Smith has a better completion percentage, a better yards per attempt, he is more mobile, he has a better TD/INT percentage, he has a better QBR, a better QB rating.

However your right I am just saying it without looking at the numbers and play on the field.

Good god. Alex Smith has been a top 5-10 these last 5 years.
Eli hasn’t had one year in the last 5 he has been top 10.

However yeah I am just saying it so it must be true.
Also go look at the weapons Smith has had. Just to save you time they haven’t been very good so you can’t use that excuse.

Smith is better than Eli right now.
The Chiefs were dealing from a position of strength. They didn’t want Smith to end up in Denver so they traded him to the NFC.

They are probably going to take a step back while Mahomes develops.

Last 5 years
Eli- 79 starts, team record 33-46
Completion % 61.7
Yards 20155
TD 128
INT 84
QB rating 84.6
Rush yards 145
Times sacked 146
Playoff appearances: 1, 0-1

Alex Smith 76 starts, record 50-26
Completions % 65.1
Yards 17608
TDs 102
INTs 33
QB rating 94.8
Rush yards 1021
Times sacked 192
Playoff appearances 4, 1-4 record

Your right GMs would take Eli. I mean cmon Giants fans.

Give me a break. Any non-Giants fan can see Smith is better.
Smith has a better completion percentage, a better yards per attempt, he is more mobile, he has a better TD/INT percentage, he has a better QBR, a better QB rating.

However your right I am just saying it without looking at the numbers and play on the field.

Good god. Alex Smith has been a top 5-10 these last 5 years.
Eli hasn’t had one year in the last 5 he has been top 10.

However yeah I am just saying it so it must be true.
Also go look at the weapons Smith has had. Just to save you time they haven’t been very good so you can’t use that excuse.

Smith is better than Eli right now.
The Chiefs were dealing from a position of strength. They didn’t want Smith to end up in Denver so they traded him to the NFC.

They are probably going to take a step back while Mahomes develops.
Smith is a dink and dunk loser who’d rather protect his precious stats with a Loss, while Eli is a gunslinging winner who puts team 1st and personal stats last.

Smith is on his 3rd team as very good offensive coaches would rather have had freakin kapernick and another untested rookieesque guy lead a playoff team than him

Giants smartly rebuilt around Eli for another Epic run.

This is comparable test is a ‘no brainer’ win for Eli.

Smith is a dink and dunk loser who’d rather protect his precious stats with a Loss, while Eli is a gunslinging winner who puts team 1st and personal stats last.

Smith is on his 3rd team as very good offensive coaches would rather have had freakin kapernick and another untested rookieesque guy lead a playoff team than him

Giants smartly rebuilt around Eli for another Epic run.

This is comparable test is a ‘no brainer’ win for Eli.
You call Alex Smith a dink and dunk guy when his average per attempt the last 5 years is 7.2 ypa while Eli’s YPA is 6.9.

Eli has been more dink and dunk than Smith.

Can we just rename this thread: “Comparing Eli to every NFL QB - past and present”
It’s freaking training camp and Giants fans live in a bubble when it comes to Eli.

They can’t be objective. I mean it’s not even a debate Alex Smith has been better the last 5 years and 2 of them don’t see it.

It’s freaking training camp and Giants fans live in a bubble when it comes to Eli.

They can’t be objective. I mean it’s not even a debate Alex Smith has been better the last 5 years and 2 of them don’t see it.
Smith may have had a better year in 2017, but if you think he was better than Eli in anyone of the previous 12...I’ve a got a couple of bridges I’d like to sell you.

HOF is for a career not just now. Eli has a shot at the HOF. Smith and Cousins have zero.

Khalil Mack is on the trading block.
Raiders want a first round pick and this guy in his prime could be available.
If Buffalo was a contender this year they would be the spot as they have the cap space to sign him long term but they would be risking giving a real high pick for the guy.
A team like Green Bay with Rodgers in his prime should step up but that organization doesn’t do all it can to go for it.
New Orleans instead of Davenport should have gone after Mack with that first round pick.

Khalil Mack is on the trading block.
Raiders want a first round pick and this guy in his prime could be available.
If Buffalo was a contender this year they would be the spot as they have the cap space to sign him long term but they would be risking giving a real high pick for the guy.
A team like Green Bay with Rodgers in his prime should step up but that organization doesn’t do all it can to go for it.
New Orleans instead of Davenport should have gone after Mack with that first round pick.
South Beach says knock knock.

Wake’s aging and our linebackers resemble swiss cheese

South Beach says knock knock.

Wake’s aging and our linebackers resemble swiss cheese
Miami doesn’t have the cap space that is why you guys cut a lot of big names and it’s going to cost a first round pick to get him.
Miami/Buffalo/NY Jets are all projected as bottom 10 teams giving up that pick for him doesn’t make sense.
Atleast Buffalo has 60 million in cap space they can pay him long term. I think whomever gets Mack will franchise him so a playoff team makes sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom