NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 34 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

brady is brady.

nobody would bother trying to compare the 2.

if Eli had that last drive, the Giants wouldve won. fluck that punt returner.

yes Houston's D is tough, but the pats returned how many from that Super Bowl team??

the Giants have a whole new team (only 17 left), we don't know what we have yet. but we know they will be much improved, that was a pretty good opening act.

an act which will get fine tuned v those schleps in big D.

ill worry about Houston next Monday.

I know Brady gets the credit as GOAT because of the rings but for my money Rodgers is the best to ever play the position. I hate the packers but could watch that guy play every sunday. Just wow.

Actually, Montana is considered by many to be the GOAT. I don't really have an opinion...but there is a subset of people that believe having a perfect superbowl record puts him over the top. Other's actually take into account who had the better teams in those superbowls

Next week everyone will be jumping on the Jets and the Bucs bandwagons and both will probably fall on their face. NFL has too much parity for teams like the Lions to be this bad thru 16 games and teams like the Jets to be this good. Speaking of which, who wins a Super Bowl next: Giants, Jets or Bills.

well, the problem is the Jets are playing the Dolphins..who also have their bandwagon jumpers given their week 1 smash of the Titans. One of these bandwagons will keep rolling. I think the Jets are actually pretty decent. If Sam D plays half as well as he played today, I think they win.

I didn’t think anyone could give the Bills a run for most embarrassing week 1.

But these Lions do not want to be denied.

Nah, they still weren't remotely close to Buffalo.

Corey Coleman signs with New England.

I am sure he will be a project. They signed him for 2 years at the minimum.
When Buffalo cut him I thought NE would take a look.

Corey Coleman signs with New England.

I am sure he will be a project. They signed him for 2 years at the minimum.
When Buffalo cut him I thought NE would take a look.
They signed Bennie Fowler too.

well, the problem is the Jets are playing the Dolphins..who also have their bandwagon jumpers given their week 1 smash of the Titans. One of these bandwagons will keep rolling. I think the Jets are actually pretty decent. If Sam D plays half as well as he played today, I think they win.
Nobody jumps on a bandwagon for beating the titans.

I hope the phins defense is finally actually legit this year. Our safeties are fantastic.

Nobody jumps on a bandwagon for beating the titans.

Especially a game that nobody watched.
The line also moved from Jets +1 to -3. Historically you want to fade teams off a great MNF game but I actually thought the Jets would be -3 yesterday afternoon. Guess I missed out :(
IDK why people thought Miami was/is a better team.

Especially a game that nobody watched.
The line also moved from Jets +1 to -3. Historically you want to fade teams off a great MNF game but I actually thought the Jets would be -3 yesterday afternoon. Guess I missed out :(
IDK why people thought Miami was/is a better team.

It’s our defense. Tannehill looked good and wont be throwing 4 picks but I’m confident our backs and defense can create some opportunities. Minimize errors and make the rookie be better than Tannehill.

It’s our defense. Tannehill looked good and wont be throwing 4 picks but I’m confident our backs and defense can create some opportunities. Minimize errors and make the rookie be better than Tannehill.

I like the Jets defense better; not 'cause of last night.

I like the Jets defense better; not 'cause of last night.
That’s fair. I just love our db’s vs a rookie qb who will get 20+ attempts in. Reshad Jones is the real deal. Our lines looking better on each end.

Looking for Tannehill to exert a veteran presence and our young lb’s, drake and stills to rise to the occasion.

That’s fair. I just love our db’s vs a rookie qb who will get 20+ attempts in. Reshad Jones is the real deal. Our lines looking better on each end.

Looking for Tannehill to exert a veteran presence and our young lb’s, drake and stills to rise to the occasion.

Maybe the NYJ and MIA can be more competitive this year in the AFC East. That would be nice to see. It would also help my UNDER 11 bet re the Pats.

Maybe the NYJ and MIA can be more competitive this year in the AFC East. That would be nice to see. It would also help my UNDER 11 bet re the Pats.
I expect the phins to split with the pats. There’s something in the air in Miami that Tom hates.

This week will tell you if the Pats will be a 12-4 or 11-5 team.
They don’t play the Jets till week 12 and 17. They won’t be the same team then.
If the Pats beat Jacksonville then they will be 12-4 or better and have HFA barring major injuries.

I expect the phins to split with the pats. There’s something in the air in Miami that Tom hates.
I agree people say the AFC East sucks but the Jets and Dolphins always play the Pats tough especially at home. They tailor their teams specifically to the Patriots and know each other’s rosters.

They get up to play the Pats and then play down to other teams.

This week will tell you if the Pats will be a 12-4 or 11-5 team.
They don’t play the Jets till week 12 and 17. They won’t be the same team then.
If the Pats beat Jacksonville then they will be 12-4 or better and have HFA barring major injuries.

You may be right but I figure there are 16 games to be played and anything can happen. Every year is a new year in the NFL. My under play on NE was a small play. I made a larger wager on Cinci OVER 6.5 and I also have them at 10 to 1 to win the AFC North. Probably unlikely that they win the division but I thought it was a bargain at 10 to 1.

In terms of Fantasy not good for me! Lost Delanie Walker, Deion Jones, McKinnon, and Doug Baldwin is probably more/less done this season. He was dealing with a different setback previously.

With Olsen and Walker out, there are pretty much only two tight ends worth having in fantasy. So, you're not alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom