NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 35 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Giants -13
Lol will fhe Giants score 13?
Giants better win this game or this starting schedule could eat them up.

Watching the Jags-Giants game I am still shocked the Giants didn’t call for screens and slow down the Jags pass rush. The Giants D did well and will give the Pats D a good blue print.

Dolphins beat jets by 2+ td’s I feel it in the air

$54 mill in dead cap space over a two-year period? Keep on doing what you're doing, Jerry.

It's just amazing. One would think to be as successful in the business world as Jerry was, he would be able to know what he's good at and what he's not and get the people with the right skill to handle the things he's not good at. But I guess his ego is just too big to do that in this case.

It's just amazing. One would think to be as successful in the business world as Jerry was, he would be able to know what he's good at and what he's not and get the people with the right skill to handle the things he's not good at. But I guess his ego is just too big to do that in this case.

I think that in many cases, the attributes that make these guys successful businessmen [i.e., extreme attention to detail, succeeding on sheer force of will and commitment] is counterproductive when it comes to ownership.

Great owners are generally seen and not heard.

Jerry's making up ground on Dan Snyder as worst NFL owner.

He probably figures after 30 years he's due for another "Great Trade Robbery." Little does he know the entire NFL (save perhaps Dan Snyder) is laughing their arses off at him.

Terry Pegula has been one of the worst NHL owners in his 7 year tenure. He hired Rex Friggin Ryan to be his NFL coach.

I'd still gladly give Kaiser's left nut to make him owner of my beloved Cowboys.

Lol will fhe Giants score 13?
Giants better win this game or this starting schedule could eat them up.

Watching the Jags-Giants game I am still shocked the Giants didn’t call for screens and slow down the Jags pass rush. The Giants D did well and will give the Pats D a good blue print.

Yes. I think so. Dallas D is not Jacksonville.

Lose by 5 to one of the best teams in the NFL and we’re screwed?

I think this is a 7-10 win team depending on how things break health-wise.

Yes. I think so. Dallas D is not Jacksonville.

Lose by 5 to one of the best teams in the NFL and we’re screwed?

I think this is a 7-10 win team depending on how things break health-wise.
The Giants first 7 games are crazy hard.
Jax
At Dallas
At Houston
New Orleans
At Carolina
Philadelphia
At Atlanta

That is why I said this week is must win.

Also I am not sure how good Jacksonville is. Their offense doesn’t have great WRs or a good QB. They have a good RB rotation but you won’t win a SB with just a running game. Dallas is probably the worst of these 7 teams.
That is why this a must win for the Giants.

The Giants first 7 games are crazy hard.
Jax
At Dallas
At Houston
New Orleans
At Carolina
Philadelphia
At Atlanta

That is why I said this week is must win.

Also I am not sure how good Jacksonville is. Their offense doesn’t have great WRs or a good QB. They have a good RB rotation but you won’t win a SB with just a running game. Dallas is probably the worst of these 7 teams.
That is why this a must win for the Giants.

Not one of those teams looked all that great week 1. Every year is different. Philly wasn’t even supposed to be any good a year ago, now they’re an automatic L? Maybe last year was a fluke? Fluke for the Giants too, in the opposite direction.

It sucks that 4 of those 6 are away, but I think we can split those 6.

Bengals putting a hurting to the Ravens early. The Bills might be worse than we all thought.

Not one of those teams looked all that great week 1. Every year is different. Philly wasn’t even supposed to be any good a year ago, now they’re an automatic L? Maybe last year was a fluke? Fluke for the Giants too, in the opposite direction.

It sucks that 4 of those 6 are away, but I think we can split those 6.

Yes every annual tilt between the Birds and the GMen at Met Life is an automatic L for your boys. You know that. Hell even Kaiser knows that.

Btw in 2016 the Birds went 7-9 with Wentz showing a lot of promise. They then went out and picked up Alshon , Blount, Jernigan, Long, Darby, among others to where most Philly fans thought they could contend for a playoff spot. Certainly above .500.

Yes every annual tilt between the Birds and the GMen at Met Life is an automatic L for your boys. You know that. Hell even Kaiser knows that.

Btw in 2016 the Birds went 7-9 with Wentz showing a lot of promise. They then went out and picked up Alshon , Blount, Jernigan, Long, Darby, among others to where most Philly fans thought they could contend for a playoff spot. Certainly above .500.

We just beat you in MetLife in 2016.

Wentz isn’t playing yet.

7-9 isn’t good.

Contend for a playoff spot is one thing, win the super bowl is another.

Some of these teams will flop.

Giants beat the Saints two years ago too and they just lost 48-40 to Tampa, but we still gotta hear about how tough of a matchup they are because they beat us a lot two coaches ago.

Contend for a playoff spot> Eagles "weren't supposed to be any good".

I don't need to remind you that the Eagles have owned the Gmen in the swamp for a long, long time with many of those Ls coming in excruciating fashion.

Wentz will be playing in either Week 3 or Week 4. Almost a certainty. When he does take the field that will shift the balance of power in the NFC East in a big way cuz nobody in that division has a QB anywhere near as good.

Contend for a playoff spot> Eagles "weren't supposed to be any good".

I don't need to remind you that the Eagles have owned the Gmen in the swamp for a long, long time with many of those Ls coming in excruciating fashion.

Wentz will be playing in either Week 3 or Week 4. Almost a certainty. When he does take the field that will shift the balance of power in the NFC East in a big way cuz nobody in that division has a QB anywhere near as good.

Blah. Lots of teams come off 7-9 seasons and might “contend for playoff spots”.

Like 20 teams think they’re contending for playoff spots every year.

Nobody saw that Eagles season coming.

I don’t need to remind you that the Giants have won four times the amount of Super Bowls as the Eagles in other irrelevant ancient history lessons do I?

Wentz has been out awhile. Might take a little time. Eagles- Falcons was unwatchable. Bad football.

We’ll see how things shape up. Can’t see how anyone could watch that team play that game and assume anything though.

WTH is fox’s A team calling the terrible week two Thursday night game

WTH is fox’s A team calling the terrible week two Thursday night game
Fox took over TNF and hired Buck and Aikman to call the games.
They offered Peyton Manning 10 million to call the games he declined.

Aikman and Buck will call all the games on TNF even though Fox starts in week 4 as part of the simulcast.

They will also call games on sundays when Fox has a doubleheader game.

Blah. Lots of teams come off 7-9 seasons and might “contend for playoff spots”.

Like 20 teams think they’re contending for playoff spots every year.

Nobody saw that Eagles season coming.

I don’t need to remind you that the Giants have won four times the amount of Super Bowls as the Eagles in other irrelevant ancient history lessons do I?

Wentz has been out awhile. Might take a little time. Eagles- Falcons was unwatchable. Bad football.

We’ll see how things shape up. Can’t see how anyone could watch that team play that game and assume anything though.

So on the basis of one game where the Eagles beat a consensus playoff team with their own backup QB and you're down on them?

Never said I expected them to be a playoff team but I sure as hell knew they weren't going to be a team that one would characterize as "not any good".

Trust me, Wentz' return is imminent. Getting a guy back that would have won the MVP award last year if he didn't get injured is a big deal.

I'd be shocked if the NYG finish ahead of Philly this year.

Is the bengals OC really named wink martindale? I’m 97% sure aikman called him that

So on the basis of one game where the Eagles beat a consensus playoff team with their own backup QB and you're down on them?

Never said I expected them to be a playoff team but I sure as hell knew they weren't going to be a team that one would characterize as "not any good".

Trust me, Wentz' return is imminent. Getting a guy back that would have won the MVP award last year if he didn't get injured is a big deal.

I'd be shocked if the NYG finish ahead of Philly this year.

Just saying every year is different. Literally 365 days ago, the Giants would’ve been favored to beat the Eagles.

Every year is different.

We lost by 5 to Jacksonville and the Eagles/Cowboys/Pats fans(lots of objective fans there!lol) act like it will take a miracle for us to not start 0-8 or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom