NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 39 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Yeah if your going to bring in Josh Gordon then you might as well bring in Dez.
The offense was fine yesterday if they have Edelman. The Jags doubled Gronk. That meant the other guys had 1 on 1.
Yesterday just a low possession game that the Pats D lost and Bortles won.

Josh Gordon doesn’t score them points yesterday IMO. They moved it the whole game just didn’t finish.
I think Dez would cost more, plus he's older.

Brady’s arm is fine. He just needs reliable players and Gordon is legit bi-polar.
Do you think Cooks worked out in NE? I assume they traded him for a reason. Throws like that were few and far between last year.

Gordon's solid after the catch, though. From anywhere.

Yeah if your going to bring in Josh Gordon then you might as well bring in Dez.
The offense was fine yesterday if they have Edelman. The Jags doubled Gronk. That meant the other guys had 1 on 1.
Yesterday just a low possession game that the Pats D lost and Bortles won.

Josh Gordon doesn’t score them points yesterday IMO. They moved it the whole game just didn’t finish.
Dez isn't going to stretch the field. He is basically a TE with less routes at this point of his career.

Do you think Cooks worked out in NE? I assume they traded him for a reason. Throws like that were few and far between last year.

Gordon's solid after the catch, though. From anywhere.
Cooks worked out for NE completely.
They traded a first(32nd overall) and fourth for one year of a 1000 yard WR on a rookie contract and 5th round pick.
They traded him on his 5th year option and 5th round pick for a first round pick(23rd overall) and a fourth round pick.
They knew the market for WRs and didn’t want to pay Cooks 5 years 80 million with 50.5 million guaranteed.
Cooks was a steal for NE. They didn’t lose any value in the draft and got him for one year on cheap money.
Cooks was the best player on the Patriots in the AFC title game. He won them that game with his play.
He got a 41 yard PI at the end of the first half to get the score 14-10 and he was the main target the rest of the game while Amendola caught the 2 TDs.
The insane pay day he was going to get was why he was traded. NO knew it as well that is why they traded him they had replacements and didn’t want to pay him what he would get.

Cooks worked out for NE completely.
They traded a first(32nd overall) and fourth for one year of a 1000 yard WR on a rookie contract and 5th round pick.
They traded him on his 5th year option and 5th round pick for a first round pick(23rd overall) and a fourth round pick.
They knew the market for WRs and didn’t want to pay Cooks 5 years 80 million with 50.5 million guaranteed.
Cooks was a steal for NE. They didn’t lose any value in the draft and got him for one year on cheap money.
I'm talking about on the field. His numbers were down and he was even more inconsistent than he was in New Orleans.

He had more yards yesterday than he did in any game with the Pats.

Dez isn't going to stretch the field. He is basically a TE with less routes at this point of his career.
If Dez can catch the ball on a 1 on 1 matchup he would help NE.
Gronk is going to get double teamed and Edelman/White will run the option routes to move the chains.
They just need a WR who can win his matchup 1 v. 1.

Gronk is going to get double teamed and Edelman/White will run the option routes to move the chains.
Dez struggled to do just that last year. And again, he wants to get paid. Gordon is dirt cheap and a RFA.

He could not do that in Dallas with Dak but Dak cannot place the ball like Brady can so maybe it would work. No reason to not try based on their current WR corp.

I'm talking about on the field. His numbers were down and he was even more inconsistent than he was in New Orleans.

He had more yards yesterday than he did in any game with the Pats.
Cooks was a complete pro. He may not caught bombs but he was effective and took coverage from Gronk.

He would have remained a Pat if he wasn’t going to get top of the market money. Which he got from the Rams.
Gordon won’t be the pro that Cooks was. Cooks was all class and fit right in.

Brady’s arm is fine. He just needs reliable players and Gordon is legit bi-polar.

Then they cut him.

Watching NFL network they keep harping on the following:

1- Pats D was the problem yesterday.
Ok, but there is no high reward low risk DB talent out there. Gordon is. And WR is definitely a need, and he's cheap as hell from a pure dollars and cents perspective.

2- He will contaminate the locker room
No, if he is a problem BB will cut him. Bill has done it before, and will again. And there is always the chance, although it may be a pipe dream, he gets his together in Foxboro

3- That draft pick will be too valuable to give up given the risk he brings
Two points in repsonse. 1- There can be a conditional element to the pick exchanged and 2- Have you seen Belichick's drafts lately?

Then they cut him.

Watching NFL network they keep harping on the following:

1- Pats D was the problem yesterday.
Ok, but there is no high reward low risk DB talent out there. Gordon is. He's cheap as hell from a dollars and sense perspective.

2- He will contaminate the locker room
No, if he is a problem BB will cut him. Bill has done it before, and will again. And there is always the chance, although it may be a pipe dream, he gets his together in Foxboro

3- That draft pick will be too valuable to give up given the risk he brings
Two points in repsonse. 1- There can be a conditional element to the pick exchanged and 2- Have you seen Belichick's drafts lately?
On the last point Belichick has punted on the draft to load up 2 years ago.

This past draft Michel/Bentley look like players.
As do Wise Jr. and Flowers. He is just unlucky that Rivers tore his knee up last year and Wynn did this year. Belichick can draft fine. He has missed like everyone does but his drafting isn’t a problem. He has stocked the cupboard up for the future so he can trade up for a QB when he finds the guy. They have Chicago’s 2nd rounder, Detroit’s 3rd rounder and will get 2 compensatory 3rd rounder this year for Solder and Butler and a 4th rounder for Lewis, and 6th rounder for Amendola.
The draft will be fine. I just hope they don’t give up more than a 4 for Gordon.
Anything more it’s a bad gamble.

On the last point Belichick has punted on the draft to load up 2 years ago.

This past draft Michel/Bentley look like players.
As do Wise Jr. and Flowers. He is just unlucky that Rivers tore his knee up last year and Wynn did this year. Belichick can draft fine. He has missed like everyone does but his drafting isn’t a problem. He has stocked the cupboard up for the future so he can trade up for a QB when he finds the guy. They have Chicago’s 2nd rounder, Detroit’s 3rd rounder and will get 2 compensatory 3rd rounder this year for Solder and Butler and a 4th rounder for Lewis, and 6th rounder for Amendola.
The draft will be fine. I just hope they don’t give up more than a 4 for Gordon.
Anything more it’s a bad gamble.

We are one pass rush and one 41 year old ACL from Brian Hoyer being our QB. I'm more bearish than you on some of his recent draft moves. But we can agree to disagree...

We are one pass rush and one 41 year old ACL from Brian Hoyer being our QB. I'm more bearish than you on some of his recent draft moves. But we can agree to disagree...
Belichick just can’t draft WRs.
The system developed Brissett and Garapolio. They will be fine when they find their guy for QB.
We all know this season is about Brady staying healthy. He is hurt they go 6-10 to 9-7.

The draft isn’t the problem Felger&Mazz make it out to be. He just punted on it in 2017. This past draft was fine. They got players out of it. Wynn getting hurt sucks but Scarnecchia liked him and he did I trust Scar.
They didn’t take a QB before the 7th I trust they didn’t like Jackson, Rudolph or Lauletta or else they take them.

Rumor is Josh likes Mayfield and if the Browns took Darnold they were going to trade 2 1’s and 2 2’s to NYG for 2 and take Mayfield.
Once Brady is gone we all know the team loses its advantage and won’t be what it is now. I just don’t like the idea of Gordon hope it works.

Adam Schefter

✔@AdamSchefter

Trade now agreed to: Patriots are sending Cleveland a 5th-round pick and if Gordon isn't active for 10 games, Patriots get back a late-round pick from Browns, sources tell ESPN.

As @rapsheet reported, Patriots were closing in on trade for Gordon.
Trade now official.

I'm on board

@RapSheet
New #Patriots WR Josh Gordon had an MRI on his hamstring and I’m told it came out fine. That means… Gordon could play for New England in Week 3.

From what I've read about Gordon his problem, in addition to substance abuse, is that he just doesn't love the game. There were some quotes from guys that have played with him who said that there were times they had to talk him into going out on the field.

From what I've read about Gordon his problem, in addition to substance abuse, is that he just doesn't love the game. There were some quotes from guys that have played with him who said that there were times they had to talk him into going out on the field.
I don't think he loved playing for the Browns.

So a 5 for Gordon and a 7.
If he flames a 6.
So basically if he flames out they moved down 10-15 spots.
Not a bad gamble I guess.
Plus if he is good they own his rights for next year.

Adam Schefter

✔@AdamSchefter

Trade now agreed to: Patriots are sending Cleveland a 5th-round pick and if Gordon isn't active for 10 games, Patriots get back a late-round pick from Browns, sources tell ESPN.

As @rapsheet reported, Patriots were closing in on trade for Gordon.
Trade now official.

I'm on board
Does Josh Gordon ask Tom Brady for jersey number 12?

Eh?
If Gordon doesn’t play 10 games the Browns send the Pats their 6th round pick.
If he plays 10 games the Pats get the. Browns 7th round pick.
Either way the Browns pick will be high in the round order and the Pats most likely towards the bottom.
So the pick isn’t that bad if he flames out. They will lose 10-15 spots probably for a gamble.

If Gordon doesn’t play 10 games the Browns send the Pats their 6th round pick.
If he plays 10 games the Pats get the. Browns 7th round pick.
Either way the Browns pick will be high in the round order and the Pats most likely towards the bottom.
So the pick isn’t that bad if he flames out. They will lose 10-15 spots probably for a gamble.
Where are you seeing this? My understanding is it's a 5th rounder for Gordon. If he's not active for 10 games, the Browns throw in a 7th.

Where are you seeing this? My understanding is it's a 5th rounder for Gordon. If he's not active for 10 games, the Browns throw in a 7th.
From Adam Schefter
Full compensation trade update: Patriots send Browns a 2019 fifth-round pick for WR Josh Gordon and get back a 2019 seventh-round pick if he is not active for 10 games, source tells ESPN. Trade was supposed to be for a 6th-round pick, but Patriots don't have a 6th.
I misread it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom