NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 40 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

After yesterday, I'm willing to take a chance. Must stretch that field.

After 1 game you don't think he can exclusively dink&dunk with an occasional seam to Gronk & wheel route to the RB? It's worked for 16 years.
Check that there was the Moss year so 15.

From Adam Schefter
Full compensation trade update: Patriots send Browns a 2019 fifth-round pick for WR Josh Gordon and get back a 2019 seventh-round pick if he is not active for 10 games, source tells ESPN. Trade was supposed to be for a 6th-round pick, but Patriots don't have a 6th.
I misread it.
Did you read it on ESPN.com? Their original article was poorly written. I'm guessing Schefter didn't have the scoop on this one and was playing catch up.

After 1 game you don't think he can exclusively dink&dunk with an occasional seam to Gronk & wheel route to the RB? It's worked for 16 years.
Check that there was the Moss year so 15.

No, i am not saying he cant. I was just disappointed how limited our downfield options were when they took Gronk out of the game.

I posted the following on another board the following at 11:00am before we knew the Patriots were even players here...and I stand by it. No better way to look forward...

"Its not how Belichick operates, but wouldnt a deal for Gordon suddenly make yesterday seem like a distant memory? I feel like, if you are really trying to extend this window, and get one more title, the quickest way to make the jaguars win seem completely irrelevant right now is to add an incredibly (albeit risky) weapon like Gordon. Frankly, the idea of him going TO Jacksonville (which is very possible) is a bit scary. "

So basically Belichick watched the film from yesterday and realized he can’t go another week with teams doubling Gronk and daring Dorsett/Hogan to beat starting CBs 1 on 1.
Even if Gordon is a decoy you have to put a starting CB on him which frees up White and the other WRs.
Jax was putting a good cover guy on White yesterday.

3333.png

I don't think he loved playing for the Browns.

Difference between being unhappy and having to be talked into going out on the field. Dude has issues.

No call on that hit on allen robinson following the pick huh

Is that babbling tool in the announcer's booth Witten? I really admired him as a player, but he's got Tony Romo's know-it-all motor mouth.

This new mnf announcing crew is a train wreck who's idea was this?
Totally agree.
Tessatore is a hardo. He is brutal at PBP.
Witten is just inexperienced and doesn’t know what he is doing.
Booger is the only one who isn’t bad but him on the lift on the sideline kills his chemistry with the other two.
It’s just a brutal announce team.
Aikman and Buck are the best top team.
My favorite duo is Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts.

Totally agree.
Tessatore is a hardo. He is brutal at PBP.
Witten is just inexperienced and doesn’t know what he is doing.
Booger is the only one who isn’t bad but him on the lift on the sideline kills his chemistry with the other two.
It’s just a brutal announce team.
Aikman and Buck are the best top team.
My favorite duo is Ian Eagle and Dan Fouts.

I agree. I like both Al Michaels and Chris Collinsworth (and whoever they're with) but both Aikman/Buck and Eagle/Fouts are solid. Buck can get a little preachy, but mostly does a good job. And for a lifelong Cowboys hater, I always respected Aikman, and I like him in the booth.

But Romo literally did. It was great.

Romo annoys me. He talks like he thinks he's Tom Landry, and clucks his tongue at coaches and other players, but when he was on the field he was a monument to failed opportunities in big games.

btw, I respect Landry as much as any NFL coach ever, and way more than most.

Romo annoys me. He talks like he thinks he's Tom Landry, and clucks his tongue at coaches and other players, but when he was on the field he was a monument to failed opportunities in big games.

He was mocking Witten for every play saying “literally” in his analysis.
Witten is a nice guy but him getting this job so quickly without any reps is tough.
Romo was good early last year but he since then has made the broadcasts about him having fun over just doing the analysis. Romo needs to just take it more seriously. It hurts him that Nantz is so stiff and doesn’t know how to handle the playful stuff.

I suspect Robinson is Trubisky's new best friend already.
Robinson is looking like the 5th round prince who was promised on my fantasy team

Buck is awful. I cannot listen to him. I usually end up muting any game he is doing.

The MNF crew is currently the worst on TV. Booger being the worst of the 3. They simply do not need him. Let the other 2 get their feet wet and figure things out with Booger chiming in with the painfully obvious commentary.

Almost every time McFarland spoke it was almost completely arbitrary, kind of like "Hey I'm still here! Don't forget about me!"

He was mocking Witten for every play saying “literally” in his analysis.
Witten is a nice guy but him getting this job so quickly without any reps is tough.
Romo was good early last year but he since then has made the broadcasts about him having fun over just doing the analysis. Romo needs to just take it more seriously. It hurts him that Nantz is so stiff and doesn’t know how to handle the playful stuff.

That's been ESPN's MO forever. Hire the big name jock with no broadcasting experience. Rarely ever works out.

Buck is awful. I cannot listen to him. I usually end up muting any game he is doing.

The MNF crew is currently the worst on TV. Booger being the worst of the 3. They simply do not need him. Let the other 2 get their feet wet and figure things out with Booger chiming in with the painfully obvious commentary.

I can't stand Tessitore. It's bizarre how this guy has risen up the totem pole. Football wise he caught my attention a couple of years ago when I noticed he never identified defensive players in on a tackle or pass breakup. Couldn't be bothered to do the homework to prepare for the game. He's horrible.

Cowman showing his age with the Tom Landry reference.

Jerrah showed him the door in rather rude fashion. I think Tom put a delayed hex on Jerrah.

I used to be ok with Buck/Aikman but I kinda think they suck now. Same with Al Michaels - I love how he always knows a team is bluffing on 4th down even when it's super obvious they're actually going for it like the Bears in Week 1. Tessitore definitely sounds like a WWE announcer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom