NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 41 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

I used to be ok with Buck/Aikman but I kinda think they suck now. Same with Al Michaels - I love how he always knows a team is bluffing on 4th down even when it's super obvious they're actually going for it like the Bears in Week 1. Tessitore definitely sounds like a WWE announcer.

I like Aikman better than Collinsworth and Michaels better than Buck but both of these pbp guys are light years better than Tessitore.

Can Brady still make those throws, though?

I don't see why not. Pretty sure the Patriots went deep more than ever last year. This isn't Eli Manning we are talking about.

Cowman showing his age with the Tom Landry reference.

Jerrah showed him the door in rather rude fashion. I think Tom put a delayed hex on Jerrah.

Meh it was time. There was no way Coach was leaving under good circumstances. The fans just need someone to show Jerrah the door now. It is well past his time.

Meh it was time. There was no way Coach was leaving under good circumstances. The fans just need someone to show Jerrah the door now. It is well past his time.

I'm afraid you have him until nature takes it's course.

So we have actual public drama in Pittsburgh where the players and coach have problems yet the media is still obsessed with Belichick-Brady and the Patriots where their problems aren’t public and kept internal.

Crap like this is why I hate the media. They aren’t interested in just reporting they want to report what they want.

The Pittsburgh stuff is being buried.

So we have actual public drama in Pittsburgh where the players and coach have problems yet the media is still obsessed with Belichick-Brady and the Patriots where their problems aren’t public and kept internal.

Crap like this is why I hate the media. They aren’t interested in just reporting they want to report what they want.

I agree with you on the second. The media does report what they want and is certainly biased. That being said though , I don’t think the Pittsburgh stuff is being buried. I follow Pittsburgh obviously the closest , but I think some of this stuff with the Steelers and Antonio has been blown way out of proportion. Make no mistake , I am very disappointed with Antonio for his tweets and sideline temper tantrums. His agent comes out and says Antonio missed practice for personal reasons (which I of course don’t know if it’s true ) and the agent says this is a non story. Yet after this is published , more articles come out bashing the Steeelrs and Brown. I don’t know what to think. The whole thing is just disappointing, I’m just rambling now. I do agree the locker room is a mess and I think the leveon thing divided the team-total speculation in my part. The media does anything it can to have a story.

I agree with you on the second. The media does report what they want and is certainly biased. That being said though , I don’t think the Pittsburgh stuff is being buried. I follow Pittsburgh obviously the closest , but I think some of this stuff with the Steelers and Antonio has been blown way out of proportion. Make no mistake , I am very disappointed with Antonio for his tweets and sideline temper tantrums. His agent comes out and says Antonio missed practice for personal reasons (which I of course don’t know if it’s true ) and the agent says this is a non story. Yet after this is published , more articles come out bashing the Steeelrs and Brown. I don’t know what to think. The whole thing is just disappointing, I’m just rambling now. I do agree the locker room is a mess and I think the leveon thing divided the team-total speculation in my part. The media does anything it can to have a story.
I get your point. If your a Steelers fan you are getting it. Nationally though it isn’t the same ballpark as this nonstop Patriots drama and they want to keep an old story alive.
Unlike the Patriots it looks like Tomlin actually has a divided locker room.

We all get the Patriots drama and it’s not public . Belichick and Brady are sick of each other. The story has no more legs beyond that. If I was with Belichick 19’years I would be sick of his crap.
ESPN is just obsessed with negative Patriots drama.

Patriots should have kept Jimmy G and traded Brady based on today's reports. This isn't going to end well.

Patriots should have kept Jimmy G and traded Brady based on today's reports. This isn't going to end well.
Nothing new has come out for Patriots fans.
Belichick didn’t want to be tied to Brady in his 40s.
Patriots fans know the story by now these reports are just the same thing said differently every month.
Belichick wants to get rid of someone a year before they are done.

They developed Jimmy G to replace Brady. Brady has been top 2 for MVP the lasf 4 years so he can’t be replaced. Kraft has stayed out of Belichick’s way for 18 years but told Belichick he can’t replace Brady and Brady will decide when he is done.
Belichick was pissed and made one call to Shanahan and Lynch traded Jimmy G for 50 cents on the dollar.

Brady is pissed at Kraft for Deflategate so Kraft won’t let Belichick move on from Brady. Gisele and her stupid positivity crap has changed Brady’s personality so now he wants to be appreciated and doesn’t want Belichick harda$$ coaching. Brady is wrong and Gisele is why he changed.
Brady has to play 3 more years including this one because he blew up Belichick’s succession plan.

The two don’t like each other but have a Bill-Hillary relationship where they know now they need each other. There is no more drama it’s all kept internal.
The horse will still be beaten to death.
I am waiting for a musical on this stuff to be writtenz

If it's being buried, why do I know about it?

I get your point. If your a Steelers fan you are getting it. Nationally though it isn’t the same ballpark as this nonstop Patriots drama and they want to keep an old story alive.
Unlike the Patriots it looks like Tomlin actually has a divided locker room.

We all get the Patriots drama and it’s not public . Belichick and Brady are sick of each other. The story has no more legs beyond that. If I was with Belichick 19’years I would be sick of his crap.
ESPN is just obsessed with negative Patriots drama.
In discussing the Gordon trade, Shannon Sharpe (I know he's on Fox Sports) actually said the Patriots don't have the same issues as the Steelers, they handle everything internally and do it well, etc.

If it's being buried, why do I know about it?

The Resident NE fan craves victimhood and this is the latest whataboutism.
I think Bovada posted -800 this would happen at some point this year.

Nothing new has come out for Patriots fans.
Belichick didn’t want to be tied to Brady in his 40s.
Patriots fans know the story by now these reports are just the same thing said differently every month.
Belichick wants to get rid of someone a year before they are done.

They developed Jimmy G to replace Brady. Brady has been top 2 for MVP the lasf 4 years so he can’t be replaced. Kraft has stayed out of Belichick’s way for 18 years but told Belichick he can’t replace Brady and Brady will decide when he is done.
Belichick was pissed and made one call to Shanahan and Lynch traded Jimmy G for 50 cents on the dollar.

Brady is pissed at Kraft for Deflategate so Kraft won’t let Belichick move on from Brady. Gisele and her stupid positivity crap has changed Brady’s personality so now he wants to be appreciated and doesn’t want Belichick harda$$ coaching. Brady is wrong and Gisele is why he changed.
Brady has to play 3 more years including this one because he blew up Belichick’s succession plan.

The two don’t like each other but have a Bill-Hillary relationship where they know now they need each other. There is no more drama it’s all kept internal.
The horse will still be beaten to death.
I am waiting for a musical on this stuff to be writtenz
Well, there is a book coming out. That's why this story resurfaced.

In discussing the Gordon trade, Shannon Sharpe (I know he's on Fox Sports) actually said the Patriots don't have the same issues as the Steelers, they handle everything internally and do it well, etc.
It’s been a media story since the Wickersham story last January.

The media keeps pounding the Belichick-Brady story.
They don’t like each other fine. There isn’t any drama yet Wickersham has a story, Tom E. Curran has a story, the entire offseason we had stories, now Ian O’Connor has a book.

It’s the same crap each time nothing new but keeps the same talking points in the news.

While the Tomlin-Steelers have a player not signing, we have his OL and teammate ripping him and their other star lashing out the team’s PR guy to trade him.
If this stuff was happening in NE it’s 10x more covered.

Also the author of the book has stick up his a$$ against Belichick because of him being a Jets fan.
DndietqU4AABBSj

O’Connor is writing a documentary on Belichick that he didn’t cooperate with.

Also the author of the book has stick up his a$$ against Belichick because of him being a Jets fan.
DndietqU4AABBSj

O’Connor is writing a documentary on Belichick that he didn’t cooperate with.

I didn't read it but I read some reports that the book is largely complementary of the Hoodie.

It's just ESPN, I don't think anyone else seems to care at all. ESPN cares about the Patriots, LeBron and the Warriors. I can't imagine watching anything that they produce other than live sports. Not a single person I know talking or tweeting about it.

It's just ESPN, I don't think anyone else seems to care at all. ESPN cares about the Patriots, LeBron and the Warriors. I can't imagine watching anything that they produce other than live sports. Not a single person I know talking or tweeting about it.

For sure. ESPN's main focus is what time LeBron took a dump this morning and whether this NBA player has tweeted something against that NBA player. I know they spent a gazillion dollars on their NBA contract but enough already with the drama queens.

I didn't read it but I read some reports that the book is largely complementary of the Hoodie.
He wrote a book about Belichick without interviewing Belichick or anyone in his family. Did he interview Brady? No.
It may give Belichick credit but it’s not authorized and O’Connor has a history of ripping Belichick every chance he can.

He wrote a book about Belichick without interviewing Belichick or anyone in his family. Did he interview Brady? No.
It may give Belichick credit but it’s not authorized and O’Connor has a history of ripping Belichick every chance he can.

Likelihood of BB ever cooperating with any author? Slim and none and Slim just left town.

Pittsburgh doesn't bring the views the way NE does. There is a reason everything in Foxboro and Dallas is front page news and everything else is local news.

Likelihood of BB ever cooperating with any author? Slim and none and Slim just left town.
He will write a book when he is done.
Belichick cares about his legacy.
He won’t do it till he is done.
He will try and rewrite Spygate and give his take on everything.
Mike Reiss is the writer he will likely use.

Pittsburgh doesn't bring the views the way NE does. There is a reason everything in Foxboro and Dallas is front page news and everything else is local news.
I’m a Steelers fan -see my avatar lol. Pittsburgh players asked (through their actions )for all this negative publicity. You don’t publicly put down your teammate(s) and all the other stuff with Antonio recently. If they acted more professionally, they wouldn’t have to worry about this. I’m a Steelers fan , but they deserve the publicity they are getting. Hopefully they can turn it around. The offense is still talented IMO , even sans Le’veon.

The offense isn't the problem they still put up 40. Leveon matters about as much as Fournette to his team which is zero. Maybe less than zero as Jax probably wouldn't have thrown to that Cole guy as often. Still can't believe the Giants drafted a RB 2nd overall, haha.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom