NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

It would be more like the Hart Foundation in 1997 dynamic. They were heels in America and faces everywhere else.

Kaepernick would make them heels to one segment of the fanbase, and faces to everyone else.

I'd love to see Kap get signed and then forced into action. Then we'd all wonder what the fuss was about and how it could be that folks speculated that he was better than half the starters in the NFL blah blah blah. The dude is wildly overrated and stunk the joint out the last season he was on the field. His sell by date expired a while ago.

I'd love to see Kap get signed and then forced into action. Then we'd all wonder what the fuss was about and how it could be that folks speculated that he was better than half the starters in the NFL blah blah blah. The dude is wildly overrated and stunk the joint out the last season he was on the field. His sell by date expired a while ago.

His team certainly stunk. He threw 16 TDs vs. 4 INT’s though. Stunk the joint out?

He was never a star, but he was certainly a decent QB. Better than a good number of QB’s that have started games in 2017 and 2018, assuming his skills haven’t eroded too much in the time he hasn’t played.

Patriots wanted to use these for their color rush uniforms but the NFL wouldn’t let them wear a different helmet.

Dnq1oYpUYAELTSv.jpg

Patriots wanted to use these for their color rush uniforms but the NFL wouldn’t let them wear a different helmet.

Dnq1oYpUYAELTSv.jpg

Why? Almost positive the Giants are wearing their old 80s-90s era helmets for a game this year.

Why? Almost positive the Giants are wearing their old 80s-90s era helmets for a game this year.
Giants helmet has always been blue.
These uniforms the Pats wore white helmets and now they wear silver.
NFL said you can only wear one color helmet the whole year.

Giants helmet has always been blue.
These uniforms the Pats wore white helmets and now they wear silver.
NFL said you can only wear one color helmet the whole year.

That’s...pretty weird. I’m all for preventing the stupidity that goes on with college uniforms on a Weekly basis, but I feel like throwbacks should always be in play for every team if they want to wear them once a season or something.

His team certainly stunk. He threw 16 TDs vs. 4 INT’s though. Stunk the joint out?

He was never a star, but he was certainly a decent QB. Better than a good number of QB’s that have started games in 2017 and 2018, assuming his skills haven’t eroded too much in the time he hasn’t played.

He got beat out by Blane Gabbert.

One of the QB gurus (may have been Jaws not sure) ran a ton of plays from Kap's last year of play in terms of video review. Constantly pulled the ball down and headed on the run with any kind of pressure. Had his eyes on the rush and not downfield which is disastrous for a QB. Yeah his team stunk but he did nothing to elevate them. You'd expect more than that from somebody supposedly better than a bunch of starters in the NFL. He's also not even remotely equipped to handle any sort of conventional pro style offense in the NFL.

He got beat out by Blane Gabbert.

One of the QB gurus (may have been Jaws not sure) ran a ton of plays from Kap's last year of play in terms of video review. Constantly pulled the ball down and headed on the run with any kind of pressure. Had his eyes on the rush and not downfield which is disastrous for a QB. Yeah his team stunk but he did nothing to elevate them. You'd expect more than that from somebody supposedly better than a bunch of starters in the NFL. He's also not even remotely equipped to handle any sort of conventional pro style offense in the NFL.

I don’t know what your last sentence even means. The guy has quarterbacked playoff teams...

Beat out by Gabbert, but played much better than him that season.

Buffalo started a guy tho threw 5 picks in a game last season. Kaepernick threw 4 picks in his last season when he stunk it up.

Some people certainly overplay how “good” Kaepernick is, and you’re doing the same thing in the other direction IMO. He’s never played anywhere near as bad as guys like Nate Peterman.

Look at a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick playing really well at 35 on like his 27th different chance. Kaep got the boot as soon as it was somewhat plausible(Mike Vick was too good to get the same treatment and he actually committed crimes instead of simply offended people who wanted to view something through their own personal lens only)

Last edited:
I don’t know what your last sentence even means. The guy has quarterbacked playoff teams...

Beat out by Gabbert, but played much better than him that season.

Buffalo started a guy tho threw 5 picks in a game last season. Kaepernick threw 4 picks in his last season when he stunk it up.

Some people certainly overplay how “good” Kaepernick is, and you’re doing the same thing in the other direction IMO. He’s never played anywhere near as bad as guys like Nate Peterman.

Look at a guy like Ryan Fitzpatrick playing really well at 35 on like his 27th different chance. Kaep got the boot as soon as it was somewhat plausible(Mike Vick was too good to get the same treatment)

I will try to find that video.

By conventional pro offense I mean stand back in the pocket and go through your reads.

Yeah u can point to Peterman but CK's not better than a good # of QBs in the NFL. No way.

I'd take Fitzpatrick over CK in a heartbeat.

If CK were so great someone would have signed him by now. In a way it's kind of a moot point. I don't think the guy has any great desire to play in the NFL. He'd rather be a martyr and a social justice celeb. His career was going nowhere fast so the pivot he made was a savvy career move.

Time to throw and an effective running game for like the first time since 2010, and hey...Eli is rolling.

Shocker.

Lets not get too excited its against the Texans.

Doesn’t matter who it’s against...if he’s got time to throw, he’s good. If he’s getting hammered 1.5 seconds after snapping the ball, he’s screwed...like everyone else would be.

Get up for New England play down to Tennessee.
That is the thing people don’t appreciate about New England they take everyone’s best punch.
Teams get up for them and then play down after.

I would pick the Chiefs to win the Super Bowl right now if I knew Andy Reid wouldn’t blow it somehow against the Patriots in the playoffs.
No don't take the bait!! We've seen this movie many times. Some of that is Reid, but it's been going on there way before him

No don't take the bait!! We've seen this movie many times. Some of that is Reid, but it's been going on there way before him

You're a Broncos guy right? Do you follow Mike Klis on twitter? He drives my friend in Denver, who is NOT a Broncos fan, crazy with how much of a homer he is and some of his silly observations.

You're a Broncos guy right? Do you follow Mike Klis on twitter? He drives my friend in Denver, who is NOT a Broncos fan, crazy with how much of a homer he is and some of his silly observations.
Actually Klis is my go to guy. He's got more inside knowledge on the Broncos than almost anyone. He's a very even keeled straight up guy, like serious business with facts type of guy. Basically reports inner working of the team type stuff and when players are going to be coming back from injury, etc. Very hard to imagine him saying things that would fire anyone up to be honest. But of course he's going to be positive with that stuff. Now if he's talking Kisla, that's a totally different animal and he pisses off a lot of people.
Edit. Just noticed you mentioned twitter, I'm not on twitter so I wouldn't know how he is on there.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom