NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 45 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

3-1 in my first Brick&Mortar bets! The Bears apparent garbage pick 6 at the end almost gave me a stroke. Thank God for offsides flag. That woulda been an Oregon level bad beat.

so does the NFL hate clay mathews because he is so pretty?

Maybe. I have to say I'm already tired of this storyline. The guy nailed Trubisky late and now he's got a bad call two weeks in a row - one costly, one not so significant where they got their ass kicked. Whoopde doo. It happens. If he gets a b.s. flag another eleven games in a row maybe he'll tie Jerry Hughes record.

I dont know that the play didnt make much difference.. it was 17-28 at the time early in the 3rd. it cost them getting the ball around the 35-40 vs inside the 20 after the punt.

3-1 in my first Brick&Mortar bets! The Bears apparent garbage pick 6 at the end almost gave me a stroke. Thank God for offsides flag. That woulda been an Oregon level bad beat.

This is why I don't bet. Couldn't stand to lose money on flukes. I remember there used to be a column in (I think) the NY Post called 'The Crier's Corner', which highlighted the most lamented betting mishaps. Enjoyed it vicariously.

Maybe. I have to say I'm already tired of this storyline. The guy nailed Trubisky late and now he's got a bad call two weeks in a row - one costly, one not so significant where they got their ass kicked. Whoopde doo. It happens. If he gets a b.s. flag another eleven games in a row maybe he'll tie Jerry Hughes record.

It wasn't even a bad call this week. It's just a bad rule. He clearly violated the bad rule though.

I had Stanford Saturday night. I felt dirty collecting on that one. I'll get over it.

This is why I don't bet. Couldn't stand to lose money on flukes. I remember there used to be a column in (I think) the NY Post called 'The Crier's Corner', which highlighted the most lamented betting mishaps. Enjoyed it vicariously.

Steve Serby used to write a column called Mr. Loser (an apt title for him) that described various bad beats in the NFL each week.

so i was staring at it all week and could not for the life of me figure out how it was not free money.

three team teaser with KC -6.5 vs san fran
Rams -7 vs chargers and
Eagles -6.5 vs Colts

teased 6 to -0.5, -1, and -0.5.

and guess what. . It was free money.

so i was staring at it all week and could not for the life of me figure out how it was not free money.

three team teaser with KC -6.5 vs san fran
Rams -7 vs chargers and
Eagles -6.5 vs Colts

teased 6 to -0.5, -1, and -0.5.

and guess what. . It was free money.

I had a similar three teamer with Philly +3.5, SF + 16 and Dallas +11. And that's why they call them teasers.

It wasn't even a bad call this week. It's just a bad rule. He clearly violated the bad rule though.

I don't think it's a bad rule. What's bad is the interpretation and enforcement at the game level.

It's a dumb rule. Pile driving somebody (including non QBs) into the turf should be a 15 yarder. Falling on top of somebody with all of your weight in the process of making a sack is being ruled a 15 yarder. That's absurd. These guys are playing at a 100 miles an hour. How else do you tackle somebody without using your full weight? They have to change this rule. We all know the difference between the two.

All of this stuff is happening because the NFL is scared sheetless of legal liability with concussions etc. and so they're going out of their way to cover their tracks to prove they're fully invested in player safety.

I don't think Garrett is a great coach by any means, but I think the GM is the Cowboys biggest issue. They left their young QB with zero weapons. What did you guys expect was going to happen this year?

The team is designed to play in the 1990's.

Several teams need a WR so I'm surprised that Dez Bryant hasn't signed with anybody.

Matt Patricia has 4th and inches from the NE 20 and he kicks a FG. Classic former DC move. Scared of his own shadow. Going against Tom Brady with a mediocre defense and he's going to win it by kicking FGs. Coaches never cease to amaze me.

Think this guy was in Patricia's ear about that call?

usa-today-8249931.0.jpg

It's a dumb rule. Pile driving somebody (including non QBs) into the turf should be a 15 yarder. Falling on top of somebody with all of your weight in the process of making a sack is being ruled a 15 yarder. That's absurd. These guys are playing at a 100 miles an hour. How else do you tackle somebody without using your full weight? They have to change this rule. We all know the difference between the two.

All of this stuff is happening because the NFL is scared sheetless of legal liability with concussions etc. and so they're going out of their way to cover their tracks to prove they're fully invested in player safety.

Right, and most of these QB’s are 220 pounds and often break free and escape sacks. But you’re supposed to tackle them “gently”?

It’s a mess. Might as well make it two hand touch on the QBs. If you can’t tackle them, then they shouldn’t be able to escape.

Why did the Patriots get rid of Brandin Cooks again?

They’d probably be well served to stop trying to build a WR corps off the scrap heap at this point wouldn’t they?

Why did the Patriots get rid of Brandin Cooks again?

They’d probably be well served to stop trying to build a WR corps off the scrap heap at this point wouldn’t they?
$$$
He was going to get paid and Belichick doesn’t like pay top of market for RBs/WRs.
He pays OL, DL, QB and DBs.
Gronk doesn’t make a lot considering his value.

$$$
He was going to get paid and Belichick doesn’t like pay top of market for RBs/WRs.
He pays OL, DL, QB and DBs.
Gronk doesn’t make a lot considering his value.

Considering they are about 5 million under the cap you can argue that GM BB had not a bad, but terrible offseason. Letting Amendola walk was stupid. They are taking way too big of cap hits on Dwayne Allen and Lawrence Guy as well. I'm not sure what they are paying for in those 2 guys.

Considering they are about 5 million under the cap you can argue that GM BB had not a bad, but terrible offseason. Letting Amendola walk was stupid. They are taking way too big of cap hits on Dwayne Allen and Lawrence Guy as well. I'm not sure what they are paying for in those 2 guys.
Amendola was overpaid but your point is right.
Amendola was making 1.75 million and the Fins gave him 8 million guaranteed 2 years 10 million.
He isn’t worth that as he breaks down.

Guy is making 4 million. They made Allen take a haircut to stay. He was going to make 5 million but he is only making 2.25 million now.

Belichick the GM haa screwed the roster for a while now. Brady has carried it. I have said the talent isn’t that good a lot of times and I said that exact thing to the Bills fans and they mocked me. Brady has carried this whole team for the last five years.

Amendola was overpaid but your point is right.
Amendola was making 1.75 million and the Fins gave him 8 million guaranteed 2 years 10 million.
He isn’t worth that as he breaks down.

Guy is making 4 million. They made Allen take a haircut to stay. He was going to make 5 million but he is only making 2.25 million now.

Belichick the GM haa screwed the roster for a while now. Brady has carried it. I have said the talent isn’t that good a lot of times and I said that exact thing to the Bills fans and they mocked me. Brady has carried this whole team for the last five years.

Instead he gave Amendola's money to Cordarrelle Patterson in an era where kick returns have little impact. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom