NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 50 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

They made it but not sure what the hell Doug Pederson was thinking going for 2 there down 20-12. Am I missing something?

Attachments

• 9660ED81-9732-470D-8B83-FD7434208C29.png
    9660ED81-9732-470D-8B83-FD7434208C29.png
    146.5 KB · Views: 15
In case you don’t want to read.
THE CARSON PALMER RULE
A rushing defender is prohibited from forcibly hitting in the knee area or below a passer who has one or both feet on the ground, even if the initial contact is above the knee. It is not a foul if the defender is blocked (or fouled) into the passer and has no opportunity to avoid him. The rule came after Carson Palmer and other quarterbacks suffered knee injuries due to low hits.

2009: Clarified rule regarding low hits on passers: A defender cannot initiate a roll or lunge and forcibly hit the passer in the knee area or below, even if he is being contacted by another player.
This is known as the “Brady rule,” because it was implemented after Brady was knocked out for the entire 2008 season by the play below:

How NFL Rule Changes Created a Golden Era of Quarterback Stats

Vegas is just stupid. Patriots open as 3.5-point favorites against the undefeated Chiefs next Sunday night.

What is McVay doing. Kick a FG on the 1; then you throw from the Sea 30 with ~10sec's left in the half. None of the 8,001 shows tomorrow will mention this though.

makes total sense. he has a weak legged back up kicker just signed earlier in the week. he needed the 3 points given the relatively early game stage there and he needed more yards to get a more comfortable range for the kicker.

Vegas is just stupid. Patriots open as 3.5-point favorites against the undefeated Chiefs next Sunday night.

im sure vegas makes all that money being stupid. patriots are a national team and get heavy action on their side even with lines that give them too much credit...and yet they cover more than almost any team

Can someone find me a worse coach than Jason Garrett. I can't find one.

Bill Obrien is in the running. I have a great idea..lets take our franchise QB who just missed most of last year with a blown out knee..and have him get bulldozed by multiple defenders multiple times on the goal line...and still not score. sheer ing genius that one

Can someone find me a worse coach than Jason Garrett. I can't find one.

Doesn't sound like Jerry is very happy according to Peter King's column this morning.

“Not second-guessing. But we were being outplayed. It’s time for risk at that particular time.”

—Dallas owner Jerry Jones, indeed second-guessing Jason Garrett after Garrett punted in overtime on fourth-and-one from the Houston 42 with 5:40 to go. Dallas never saw the ball again, and Houston won 19-16.

Doesn't sound like Jerry is very happy according to Peter King's column this morning.

“Not second-guessing. But we were being outplayed. It’s time for risk at that particular time.”

—Dallas owner Jerry Jones, indeed second-guessing Jason Garrett after Garrett punted in overtime on fourth-and-one from the Houston 42 with 5:40 to go. Dallas never saw the ball again, and Houston won 19-16.
Some tension between the puppeteer and his puppet.

Some tension between the puppeteer and his puppet.

Your talent stinks. It's not just Garrett and for someone all over a certain college QB, your pro teams QB is below average.

Your talent stinks. It's not just Garrett and for someone all over a certain college QB, your pro teams QB is below average.
The receivers stink this year garret has been ruining this team for 8 years now.

The receivers stink this year garret has been ruining this team for 8 years now.

I'd say Jerry Jones has been ruining the Cowboys going on 25 years. He's calling the shots.

I'd say Jerry Jones has been ruining the Cowboys going on 25 years. He's calling the shots.
He's part of the problem wade Phillips won 2 div titles in 3 years. There has been talent here Garrett has ruined it.

Cowboys demise has happened because Tyron Smith, Lael Collins, and Zack Martin have regressed and Frederick got that unfortunate disease.
2 years ago the Cowboy had the best OL in football. That protected Prescott and gave Elliot holes.
They were good for Romo 3 years ago
Now that OL is average 2 years ago they go for the 4th and 1 in OT.
They punted because of the OL being mediocre.

Andy Reid against Bill Belichick.
This is the regular season though.
Also the Chiefs are September/October defending SB Champs.
That line should be pick ‘em.
NE shouldn’t be laying a FG.

This is the regular season though.
Also the Chiefs are September/October defending SB Champs.
That line should be pick ‘em.
NE shouldn’t be laying a FG.

Pats coming off ten days rest, playing at home and KC is undefeated and due for a loss. Not to mention that the KC defense is weak. Over/under should be 60+. I'd actually lay the 3.5.

Pats/Chiefs has Patriots re-establishing their AFC superiority written all over it. Mahomes has come back to earth a bit the past couple games.

Pats/Chiefs has Patriots re-establishing their AFC superiority written all over it. Mahomes has come back to earth a bit the past couple games.
I think the Patriots will be in the divisional round atleast.
Chiefs are the early season team every year it seems. I still believe in Mahomes.
Also, the Lions loss the Pats had week 3 isn’t as bad now as they have played the Cowboys lost on the last play and beat the Packers at home.

If anyone wonders how Dungey can play in the NFL look at how the Saints use Taysum Hill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom