NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 51 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

I thought I heard someone say that he ran a 4.3.

Definitely not. Records show he ran a 4.44. Some of the talk about him has got a bit out of control. Good player though.

I'm sure Kamara fantasy owners are fuming after last night though.

He's so overrated.

Apparently he went at it with Michael Thomas at 3 or 4 in the morning on twitter then he deleted everything.

On the 62 yard record breaking touchdown he wasn't within 15 yards of Tre'quan Smith.

Better alltime QB Drew Brees or John Elway?

Brees. Elway was comparable to him at the end, but he had a lot of average years with Dan Reeves. If he had Shanahan his entire career it may be a totally different story. Coaching matters with these QB's.

The advanced stats compared to league average are all in Brees favor.

Brees. Elway was comparable to him at the end, but he had a lot of average years with Dan Reeves. If he had Shanahan his entire career it may be a totally different story. Coaching matters with these QB's.

The advanced stats compared to league average are all in Brees favor.
I asked because Elway to me is the guy in the top 5 he has to pass.
It’s Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Montana and then Elway was the guy talked about top 5.

I asked because Elway to me is the guy in the top 5 he has to pass.
It’s Brady, Manning, Rodgers, Montana and then Elway was the guy talked about top 5.

I think it is because Elway played in 5 Super Bowls and won 2.

I'll just say nobody has played with a worse defense his entire career than Brees. Pretty sure I saw a stat recently where his teams have played in games and given up 38 plus more than anyone.

Definitely not. Records show he ran a 4.44. Some of the talk about him has got a bit out of control. Good player though.

I'm sure Kamara fantasy owners are fuming after last night though.
I might have misheard I know he ran a faster 40 than kamara.

So the saints haven’t looked like that offensively or defensively all year ...
And this vs a red skins team with everything to play for with their entire division having lost AND coming off a bye week ..

What kind of indictment is that on a coaching staff.? As good as Brees was , Blake bortles wouldn’t have had much trouble hitting those wide open receivers

So the saints haven’t looked like that offensively or defensively all year ...
And this vs a red skins team with everything to play for with their entire division having lost AND coming off a bye week ..

What kind of indictment is that on a coaching staff.? As good as Brees was , Blake bortles wouldn’t have had much trouble hitting those wide open receivers

The defense was definately the best it's looked, but thats the 3rd time they've scored 40 plus and 4th time they scored 30. They've scored more than KC or LA so far.

Cleveland was actually the one team that held them down.

That said with the passing yardage record on the line I don't think anyone was beating them last night.

Last edited:
Aaron Rodgers bitching about Anthony Barr’s clean tackle has ruined roughing the passer penalties.
These can’t fall on the QBs with body weight roughing the passer calls are a joke.

The Giants LT is the highest paid OL man in the entire NFL.
Their line is okay on pass blocking it’s terrible run blocking.
Are you watching this game????

Are you watching this game????
The LG got beat on third down but Eli had a pass on first down to Odell it was a terrible throw.
The pass blocking isn’t atrocious. It’s the decisions by the QB haven’t been great.
That series first and goal from the 3 was bad passes by Eli.

Eli is not a competent NFL QB .. yeah his o line sucks but he can’t throw a 5 yard pass to wide open receivers

The Giants LT is the highest paid OL man in the entire NFL.
Their line is okay on pass blocking it’s terrible run blocking.

No. It’s terrible at pass blocking. Eli can play poorly(he is today) and the line can be bad. Both things can be true.

No. It’s terrible at pass blocking. Eli can play poorly(he is today) and the line can be bad. Both things can be true.

Going strictly off PFF ratings, here's how the starting O-Line ranks in terms of pass blocking at their respective positions:

Nate Solder: 21 out of 73
Will Hernandez: 25 out of 70 (he's actually #4 overall at the position, but only #25 at pass blocking)
Jon Halapio: 2 out of 36
Patrick Omameh: 59 out of 70
Chad Wheeler: 60 out of 73

So basically, the left side of the line grades out very well but the right side has been pretty terrible. I think Flowers was even worse than Wheeler but he's been removed from the rankings since he's a free agent.

Edit: I forgot that Halapio is hurt now. Greco, his replacement is #33 out of 36 in terms of pass blocking.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom