NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Zero punts for New England? KC isn’t winning the SB with that D.

There’s 4 Big 12 offenses in the NFL right now. LA, NO, NE and KC.

Obviously it's still early in the year, and I expect New England to ascend even more, but for what it's worth, if you adjust for strength of the opponent, the following teams rank above New England offensively (in order):

Kansas City
New Orleans
LA Rams
Cincinnati
Tampa Bay
LA Chargers
Chicago
Baltimore
NY Jets
Pittsburgh

Obviously it's still early in the year, and I expect New England to ascend even more, but for what it's worth, if you adjust for strength of the opponent, the following teams rank above New England offensively (in order):

Kansas City
New Orleans
LA Rams
Cincinnati
Tampa Bay
LA Chargers
Chicago
Baltimore
NY Jets
Pittsburgh

I don't know how anyone can pay attention to September stats when it comes to the Patriots. Historically that hasn't proved anything. The last 2 weeks with Gordon they are a lot different team.

Adam Thielen of all receivers is on pace for about 150 catches and 2000 yards receiving this year. Already has 58 catches for over 700 yards. Quite the find for the Vikings there.

Adam Thielen of all receivers is on pace for about 150 catches and 2000 yards receiving this year. Already has 58 catches for over 700 yards. Quite the find for the Vikings there.

Two years in a row now they've had arguably the best WR duo in the league. I think he and Diggs were both top 5 last year on PFF. This year it's the Bucs WRs that are currently the best in the league, but Thielen is #2 and Diggs is still #19.

The Bucs top 3 WRs are all in the top 10 this year though lol

hes already the best RB in the league

Barkley can win games himself...like a top QB...how many non QB's can you say that about? It is not that difficult to find a middle of the road stop gap QB while you draft your future franchise QB. Look what Minnesota and Philly did last year. Minny makes it to the conference final with Keenum at QB and Philly wins the entire thing with freaking Foles...

These Barkley fanboy posts are absurd - he's not even the best RB in his division, let alone conference:

1539609370309.png

I understand Jint fans are having a miserable year and are excited about the only ray of hope their #2 pick RB gives.

But if Barkley wins games by himself, why is their record dog poo?

He may be the generational talent Jint fans hope he is. But let's hold off on crowning his arse until his team has a record above .500 (or at least wins more than one game).

I don't know how anyone can pay attention to September stats when it comes to the Patriots. Historically that hasn't proved anything. The last 2 weeks with Gordon they are a lot different team.
That Detroit game completely ruins the Pats offensive stats. They only had 3 WRs active that game Hogan, Dorsett, Patterson. Plus they had Gronk and RBs.
That game Detroit knew their plays and just doubled Gronk.
With Edelman and Gordon their offense is SB good enough.
Every year it seems the Pats use the first 4 games as an expanded preseason and take off after figuring it out. While the national media writes the is it over article.
Brady will retire before he sucks. He has lost a little this year but he is still good enough to win games.

I think the only two who disagree are Kaiser and Eli.
I don’t disagree, I just don’t care.

How’s the ‘Sanchize’ doing??

He took them to 2 AFC title games then I got overwhelmed and confused with all success.

How many Lombardi’s he end up with??

Barkley is an absolute STUD.

That Detroit game completely ruins the Pats offensive stats. They only had 3 WRs active that game Hogan, Dorsett, Patterson. Plus they had Gronk and RBs.
That game Detroit knew their plays and just doubled Gronk.
With Edelman and Gordon their offense is SB good enough.
Every year it seems the Pats use the first 4 games as an expanded preseason and take off after figuring it out. While the national media writes the is it over article.
Brady will retire before he sucks. He has lost a little this year but he is still good enough to win games.

I don't see the drop off. He has had some bad luck INT's.
Brady through the ball really well last night IMO. Had a rocket to edelman in the 4th about 20 yards down field that he just couldn't handle.

As far as KC goes Tyreke Hill makes that offense go more than anything. Mahomes wasn't particularly accurate last night, but it didn't matter as Hill was making plays everywhere.

Not here nor there but I told u back on draft day u were going to like the selection of Michel.
Tony Massarotti has told Patriots fans Michel “sucks, blows, is crap”
He does need to get better a catching the ball but he has been solid running between the tackles.

I don’t disagree, I just don’t care.

How’s the ‘Sanchize’ doing??

He took them to 2 AFC title games then I got overwhelmed and confused with all success.

How many Lombardi’s he end up with??

Barkley is an absolute STUD.
This kid is a lot better than the Sanchez. Barry Sanders was a stud he won one playoff game.

He does need to get better a catching the ball but he has been solid running between the tackles.

Yeah I go more with what my eyes see rather than some dopey talk show clown. He runs hard like you said and provides a dimension that NE was lacking last year. I loved him at UGA.

These Barkley fanboy posts are absurd - he's not even the best RB in his division, let alone conference:

View attachment 141721

I understand Jint fans are having a miserable year and are excited about the only ray of hope their #2 pick RB gives.

He may be the generational talent Jint fans hope he is. But let's hold off on crowning his arse until his team has a record above .500 (or at least wins more than one game).
It’s what happens when u get hit as soon as you get the handoff.

Alsacs tells me that Eli has all day and Barkley gets 4 yards before he’s touched behind this uber-powerful offensive line though...

So confused...

Never has My Board Rule #2 been more apropos...

LEAVE THE TALENT EVALUATING TO TBE TALENT EVALUATORS!!

Most here need to sit this one out.

Last edited:

The Boston Sports writers are awful. Paying attention to Volin and Shaugnessy you would think the Patriots and Red Sox are the Giants and the Mets.

The Boston Sports writers are awful. Paying attention to Volin and Shaugnessy you would think the Patriots and Red Sox are the Giants and the Mets.
They write like their target audience is Kaiser.
They hate local fans. It is beyond annoying.

Alsacs tells me that Eli has all day and Barkley gets 4 yards before he’s touched behind this uber-powerful offensive line though...

So confused...

Boo-friggin-hoo.

Maybe the mods should change the title of your Jint thread to "Official 2018 New York Giants Drive for 5 WINS thread"

I was entertained by the first few turds the Jints laid this year (especially Week 2) but now I feel like the crowd at William Wallace's execution.

Initially delighted, but eventually calling for Mercy.

(Not really, i just laugh and change the channel).

So confused...

It’s not hard to look at game and realize the NYG OL isn’t good but the QB can overcome a bad OL by smart play or coaches leaving a 6th guy in or having TEs chipping at the snap.
The Patriots haven’t always had a good OL but they scheme to help give the QB more time.
I don’t Barkley is anything but a good player but my snark at the pick has always been about value.
I am sure you will be watching Oregon, Missouri, West Virginia games for their QBs.

It’s not hard to look at game and realize the NYG OL isn’t good but the QB can overcome a bad OL by smart play or coaches leaving a 6th guy in or having TEs chipping at the snap.
The Patriots haven’t always had a good OL but they scheme to help give the QB more time.
I don’t Barkley is anything but a good player but my snark at the pick has always been about value.
I am sure you will be watching Oregon, Missouri, West Virginia games for their QBs.
Oregon’s Justin Herbert seems to be on the short list.

One thing against Eli, other than his cement shoes is the fact the league has moved on for real this time.

4000yds and 25-30TDs no longer move the needle for fans and the current crop of players.

The NFL want stats like it’s the 1998 MLB season.

And if the stats are there, then they just go to the W column and place blame there.

Eli has also painted himself into a corner with his class and unwavering support of his teammates. If was to start ripping them now, while it would be correct, it would be spun that he’s lost it all and these are the actions of a desperate man.

View attachment 141721

Boo-friggin-hoo.

Maybe the mods should change the title of your Jint thread to "Official 2018 New York Giants Drive for 5 WINS thread"

I was entertained by the first few turds the Jints laid this year (especially Week 2) but now I feel like the crowd at William Wallace's execution.

Initially delighted, but eventually calling for Mercy.

(Not really, i just laugh and change the channel).
I know u don’t watch, just check stats, so why don’t you google us up the Yards from scrimmage and then continue to slam Barkley.

I know u don’t watch, just check stats, so why don’t you google us up the Yards from scrimmage and then continue to slam Barkley.

I'll forgive your piss poor reading comprehension given your sensitivity toward the subject.

I didn't say Barkley sucked. I just pointed out he ain't done shlit.

And posts about him being the best RB in the NFL and able to win games are factually WRONG.

He's caught a few She-li check downs and taken em to the house. Congrats!

I get it. If I were a Jint fan I would also cling to stats that reinforce the notion that he's a savior. Rather than the ones most directly assessing his ability AT HIS POSITION.

Carry on. As you were. ;)

I'll forgive your piss poor reading comprehension given your sensitivity toward the subject.

I didn't say Barkley sucked. I just pointed out he ain't done shlit.

And posts about him being the best RB in the NFL and able to win games are factually WRONG.

He's caught a few She-li check downs and taken em to the house. Congrats!

I get it. If I were a Jint fan I would also cling to stats that reinforce the notion that he's a savior. Rather than the ones most directly assessing his ability AT HIS POSITION.

Carry on. As you were. ;)
“And posts about him being the best RB in the NFL and able to win games are factually WRONG.”

I’m gonna need those posts pointed out to me, so I can slam them too.

Not sure how I missed them...

Unless of course they don’t exist..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom