NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 54 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

The Jags-Pokes game is courtroom-worthy evidence of why former players should not be allowed, on national games, to call the games of their former teams.
1539552566082.gif

The Jags-Pokes game is courtroom-worthy evidence of why former players should not be allowed, on national games, to call the games of their former teams. View attachment 141622

I've watched on RedZone. Anything in particular from Tony stand out?

Whatever. Just about every other football announcer is trash. Does Fouts say anything when Marvin Loser punts on 4th&1 from the +40 of course not, why would he. He also thought they should hurry up and get a snap off before the 2 minute warning when the ball was on the 40.
The "A team" doing that game in the first place is a joke but Simms was always in Dallas whenever possible too.

Last edited:
Pats look strong tonight. They're on their way back to the SB because they have a solid squad and because the rest of the AFC is completely fugazy. Jax is awful as is rest of that division. KC has one of the worst defenses in the NFL. I'd say LAC and Baltimore present the Pats' greatest threats but both are very flawed in their own ways.

Last edited:
40-40.
Anyone up?
Pats D isn’t even playing badly and the Chiefs are destroying them.
Pats O went conservative and let the Chiefs D make some plays.
If the Pats don’t score before OT then this is going to KC.

This night might top the 2013 Boston date where Brady had a last second TD to beat the Saints and Brees and Ortiz had his game tying grand slam in the 8th inning in a Sox comeback of game 2 ALCS vs. Detroit.
What a night for Boston sports fans.

0 penalties on New England at home. I guess they were just that perfect and clean tonight...
They had 2 penalties declined and on the OPI against them another DB was holding Hogan so it offset.

Their weren’t penalties. The Pats OL bullied the KC DL and if you watched the Pats D they didn’t stop KC O so how did they commit penalties?

They had 2 penalties declined and on the OPI against them another DB was holding Hogan so it offset.

Their weren’t penalties. The Pats OL bullied the KC DL and if you watched the Pats D they didn’t stop KC O so how did they commit penalties?

Your'e a Pats fan. Of course they didn't commit penalties lol.

Your'e a Pats fan. Of course they didn't commit penalties lol.
I call it the way I see it. The Pats O was dominating the KC D.
The KC O was dominating the NE D.
They had 2 illegal formation penalties declined by KC. They had the OPI on Edelman offset by a hold by a KC DB holding Hogan.
What penalties did they miss?
KC punted one time and that drive their was no penalties.

I call it the way I see it. The Pats O was dominating the KC D.
The KC O was dominating the NE D.
They had 2 illegal formation penalties declined by KC. They had the OPI on Edelman offset by a hold by a KC DB holding Hogan.
What penalties did they miss?
KC punted one time and that drive their was no penalties.

I'm not going back play by play as I just don't care enough. However there were several missed holds by the Pats OL on the TD drive to make it 37-33 and the TD drive that made it 24-9. The most egregious was a flat out tackle of the KC DE from behind. They get missed, it happens. Just because both offenses were dominant most of the game doesn't mean it was a squeaky clean game. Playing at home, with no stat sheet penalties. Great game for sure. KC had 3 penalties declined. So 8-2 then I guess. Either way it's not going to be an objective discussion with a fan of the team involved. That's not a knock just the way we all know it goes.

I'm not going back play by play as I just don't care enough. However there were several missed holds by the Pats OL on the TD drive to make it 37-33 and the TD drive that made it 24-9. The most egregious was a flat out tackle of the KC DE from behind. They get missed, it happens. Just because both offenses were dominant most of the game doesn't mean it was a squeaky clean game. Playing at home, with no stat sheet penalties. Great game for sure. KC had 3 penalties declined. So 8-2 then I guess. Either way it's not going to be an objective discussion with a fan of the team involved. That's not a knock just the way we all know it goes.

The Pats OL has always gotten away with holding.

I've thought this for a long time but the Bills game just reminded me of it...I think it's stupid that basically any penalty on the defense results in a 1st down while any penalty on the offense simply resets the down. If the offense needs 5 yards and the defense is called for a 10 yard penalty, then it should be a first down, but otherwise, offense should just get the yards and re-do the down like every other penalty. It's so dumb that you can have a 3rd and 20 and have the defense get called for a ticky-tack 5 yard penalty and the offense gets a 1st down out of it.

it is annoying..but there is some merit to it. otherwise you could have defenders throwing defenders to the ground once they are beat if its in front of the sticks cause there is no first down attached.

Still can't believe that team took a RB 2nd in 2018. What morons.

the sentinel event that is moronic was thinking Eli wasn't beyond done. Naturally if you dont think Eli is done, your down stream decision making is going to seem rather curious.

the sentinel event that is moronic was thinking Eli wasn't beyond done. Naturally if you dont think Eli is done, your down stream decision making is going to seem rather curious.

Ehh you could not think he's cooked or not like any of the QBs..
So trade down. Point is, to borrow a baseball term, RBs have basically zero WAR. As evidence SB being the best player on the field and them having 13 points.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom