NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Again I will say Brady can be annoying for non Patriots fans but he doesn’t milk injuries. Rodgers has that LeBron mentality he wants everyone to know he is hurt and not 100%.
Brady couldn’t do that 20 yard scramble but if he was injured he wouldn’t be milking his injury. He has played hurt and he hasn’t played to the cameras.

Brady would be less hated by non Pats fans if he wasn't such a whiny b***h. The guy is the best QB to play the game and he cries to the refs like a Duke PG when he's touched.

It's a large blemish on an otherwise impeccable record.

I loathe She-li Manning. For all of his idiot goober looking faces he makes, he still can't touch the douchiness of Brady's whining. I'd rather lose to a QB like She-li (and as 'Boys fan I've seen enough of that to enjoy his recent struggles) than have to endure the Bobby Hurley crybaby Tom Brady becomes when he's losing.

Again I will say Brady can be annoying for non Patriots fans but he doesn’t milk injuries. Rodgers has that LeBron mentality he wants everyone to know he is hurt and not 100%.
Brady couldn’t do that 20 yard scramble but if he was injured he wouldn’t be milking his injury. He has played hurt and he hasn’t played to the cameras.
It’s what makes Brady great, he learned something from those 2 Eli losses.

How to play with pain and not show it.

Brady would be less hated by non Pats fans if he wasn't such a whiny b***h. The guy is the best QB to play the game and he cries to the refs like a Duke PG when he's touched.

I loathe She-li Manning. For all of his idiot goober looking faces he makes, he still can't touch the douchiness of Brady's whining. I'd rather lose to a QB like She-li (and as 'Boys fan I've seen enough of that to enjoy his recent struggles) than have to endure the Bobby Hurley crybaby Tom Brady becomes when he's losing.
Do you have software that changes Eli to She-li?

SO funny. :rolleyes:

Do you have software that changes Eli to She-li?

SO funny. :rolleyes:

I text it enough to one of my close friends (who's a Jint fan) that it has become part of my accepted words when typing. So I guess the answer is yes.

Just like Duke the Patriots play in a lot of big games thus his bitching is seen by all.
It’s a legit criticism of the guy but he is hated by the ESPN media because he doesn’t say the stuff publicly that Rodgers will.
For all his talent Rodgers gets way too much respect for what he has done.
Rodgers has that LeBron mindset though.

For me Brady is like Jordan, Rodgers is like LeBron and that would make Eli like Isiah Thomas.

Thats a bit harsh
It’s a compliment to Eli.
Everyone but Pistons fans hated Isiah.
Plus he was really the only person to beat MJ. 95 Orlando Magic wasn’t the same.

Plus he was really the only person to beat MJ. 95 Orlando Magic wasn’t the same.
My bad, wrong Isaiah Thomas came to mind

My bad, wrong Isaiah Thomas came to mind
I knew who he meant and was a little annoyed, but given the criteria he was using, it sorta fit...2x Champion and HOFer, so I let it go.

Bad analogy. Isaiah Thomas was a controversial player and you're right he was disliked by other fans. I kind of liked him but many didn't because they thought he was dirty, etc. Eli Manning is not hated by other fan bases. There is nothing to really hate about the guy. Yes NYG fans overrate his career accomplishments to some degree but if my QB won two Supes I'd probably be as protective, too.

Bad analogy. Isaiah Thomas was a controversial player and you're right he was disliked by other fans. I kind of liked him but many didn't because they thought he was dirty, etc. Eli Manning is not hated by other fan bases. There is nothing to really hate about the guy. Yes NYG fans overrate his career accomplishments to some degree but if my QB won two Supes I'd probably be as protective, too.
It’s not overrated in the grand scheme of things you touched on.

Eli worship is warranted.

There’s been 52 SuperBowls, of which only 20 teams have victories. 12, have 44 of them.

While not quite the NBA, it’s close.

Other than some recent victories, the single digit win teams were QB’d by guys with names like Namath and Dawson.

Other than the Giants, the Redskins are the only multiple win team without 1 of their QBs in the Hall.

The Raiders just got The Snake in, and unless football throws Plunkett a Mazeroski, they done.

Joe Gibbs was a Genius. 3 wins in less than 10 years with 3 different QBs???!!!

Belichick puts on a suit to shake his hand.

Simms was a broken foot away from being a lock, now?? He needs a Ron Santo vote.

Eli will be in.

Think about how loved Jaworski is...in Giants terms, he’s Kerry Collins. Foles is now your Hoss.

You’ll be lucky if Wentz gets to Simms level and if he ever reaches Eli’s plateau...well, have fun in the final years...

It’s not overrated in the grand scheme of things you touched on.

Eli worship is warranted.

There’s been 52 SuperBowls, of which only 20 teams have victories. 12, have 44 of them.

While not quite the NBA, it’s close.

Other than some recent victories, the single digit win teams were QB’d by guys with names like Namath and Dawson.

Other than the Giants, the Redskins are the only multiple win team without 1 of their QBs in the Hall.

The Raiders just got The Snake in, and unless football throws Plunkett a Mazeroski, they done.

Joe Gibbs was a Genius. 3 wins in less than 10 years with 3 different QBs???!!!

Belichick puts on a suit to shake his hand.

Simms was a broken foot away from being a lock, now?? He needs a Ron Santo vote.

Eli will be in.

Think about how loved Jaworski is...in Giants terms, he’s Kerry Collins. Foles is now your Hoss.

You’ll be lucky if Wentz gets to Simms level and if he ever reaches Eli’s plateau...well, have fun in the final years...

With all due respect Kaiser you kinda made my point. Some NYG fans overstate Eli's accomplishments. I know for you it's all about the rings but just wondering why you don't use that calculus when talking about Big Papi's HoF credentials?

No question Manning has had a very solid career. Personally I don't think he belongs in the HoF. Best case he is borderline imo but the NFL has granted admission to a few players over the years that I didn't think deserved it so his admission wouldn't shock me. He may have to wait a few years. NFW is he first ballot.

Like I said whenever Manning is discussed your consistent metric is the two rings. But think about it and be honest with yourself. That first squad won entirely on defense and Manning in many ways was not much more than a game manager. That team averaged 20 points a a game in three playoff games and his stats were nothing special. They won because their D line chased Brady all over the field and terrorized him while playing ball control with a solid running game.

In the last 6+ years Manning has thrown for 160 TDs, had 103 picks and 52 fumbles. That's pretty much defining mediocrity right there. You can make every excuse under the sun but those stats are just not representative of a HoFer.

Frankly if Wentz' career accomplishments do not exceed Simms or Manning then I will be very disappointed. He's clearly more talented than either one of them. But my assessment of his career will not boil down JUST to how many SB rings he has because by that logic Trent Dilfer was better than Dan Marino and Nick Foles is better than Phillip Rivers. A lot goes into winning a SB besides QB play. You need a great defense and you even need some luck. You know, like throwing it up for grabs and having a career STer catch a ball against his helmet.

But back to my original point. There is nothing to dislike about Eli Manning. He seems like a class act.

With all due respect Kaiser you kinda made my point. Some NYG fans overstate Eli's accomplishments. I know for you it's all about the rings but just wondering why you don't use that calculus when talking about Big Papi's HoF credentials?

No question Manning has had a very solid career. Personally I don't think he belongs in the HoF. Best case he is borderline imo but the NFL has granted admission to a few players over the years that I didn't think deserved it so his admission wouldn't shock me. He may have to wait a few years. NFW is he first ballot.

Like I said whenever Manning is discussed your consistent metric is the two rings. But think about it and be honest with yourself. That first squad won entirely on defense and Manning in many ways was not much more than a game manager. That team averaged 20 points a a game in three playoff games and his stats were nothing special. They won because their D line chased Brady all over the field and terrorized him while playing ball control with a solid running game.

In the last 6+ years Manning has thrown for 160 TDs, had 103 picks and 52 fumbles. That's pretty much defining mediocrity right there. You can make every excuse under the sun but those stats are just not representative of a HoFer.

Frankly if Wentz' career accomplishments do not exceed Simms or Manning then I will be very disappointed. He's clearly more talented than either one of them. But my assessment of his career will not boil down JUST to how many SB rings he has because by that logic Trent Dilfer was better than Dan Marino and Nick Foles is better than Phillip Rivers. A lot goes into winning a SB besides QB play. You need a great defense and you even need some luck. You know, like throwing it up for grabs and having a career STer catch a ball against his helmet.

But back to my original point. There is nothing to dislike about Eli Manning. He seems like a class act.
How many other ‘game managers’ have 50,000+ yards and 350+ TDS??

Thanks, I’ll hang up and listen.

How many other ‘game managers’ have 50,000+ yards and 350+ TDS??

Thanks, I’ll hang up and listen.

That's called longevity. I give him credit for being very durable tho part of that is putting it up for grabs before the rush gets there. Btw I said he was a game manager in that one particular SB run. Didn't call him that for his career.

Did I mention his team has lost 18 of their last 22 games?

Also maybe in his acceptance speech he can thank the SF punt returner (Williams) for coughing up a couple of crucial fumbles in that playoff game.

Last edited:
That's called longevity. I give him credit for being very durable tho part of that is putting is it up for grabs before the rush gets there. Btw I said he was a game manager in that one particular SB run. Didn't call him that for his career.

Did I mention his team has lost 18 of their last 22 games?

Also maybe in his acceptance speech he can thank the SF punt returner (Williams) for coughing up a couple of crucial fumbles in that playoff game.
Eli was a gunslinger who is now being forced to not be one.

Game manager has NEVER been used to describe him once...EVER.

He will forever be ‘4th Qtr Eli’ for all his game winning drives.

In an era when we don’t even count wins for baseball pitchers, we are now starting to count them for NFL QBs???

Got it...

In an era when we don’t even count wins for baseball pitchers, we are now starting to count them for NFL QBs???

Got it...
When Joe Flacco rides the Baltimore D this year to the Super Bowl it will show a guy can win multiple SBs with a good D and compiling stats.
Eli best attributes are he is cool as cucumber can handle the noise of NY, he stays healthy, and if you get him close he is clutch.

He hasn’t played at high level for an entire 16 game schedule where he has been close to the top of position.
Rivers/Ben his peers have.

Also Wentz would have likely won the MVP if he didn’t get hurt last year. Brady would have finished 2nd for the 4th year in a row. Wentz has a higher upside than Eli. All people want is one elite season from his position from Eli.
Of course he has put up good seasons but never have they been top all-pro level seasons.

Eli has been one of those guys who has put slightly above middle of the road level of play like 10-15 QB ranking his entire career and because he has stayed healthy those numbers add up.

I can't figure out if Kaiser is a troll or not. Total Bears fans on SNL with a lighter shade of Blue and an LI accent. "It's all about the Rangz bro".

I can't figure out if Kaiser is a troll or not. Total Bears fans on SNL with a lighter shade of Blue and an LI accent. "It's all about the Rangz bro".
He is doing what I would do if Eli was my guy. He is defending the wall.
It’s just I would admit he isn’t as good as he makes him out to be.
Eli is close to a HOFer in my book. He is Hall of Very Good but not the elite of the elite which I consider HOFs to be.

When Joe Flacco rides the Baltimore D this year to the Super Bowl it will show a guy can win multiple SBs with a good D and compiling stats.
Eli best attributes are he is cool as cucumber can handle the noise of NY, he stays healthy, and if you get him close he is clutch.

He hasn’t played at high level for an entire 16 game schedule where he has been close to the top of position.
Rivers/Ben his peers have.

Also Wentz would have likely won the MVP if he didn’t get hurt last year. Brady would have finished 2nd for the 4th year in a row. Wentz has a higher upside than Eli. All people want is one elite season from his position from Eli.
Of course he has put up good seasons but never have they been top all-pro level seasons.

Eli has been one of those guys who has put slightly above middle of the road level of play like 10-15 QB ranking his entire career and because he has stayed healthy those numbers add up.

I don't agree with every one of Alsacs' views but he perfectly nailed it here.

Got it...

HofF Eli is 43-59 since the second supe. I know, it's the OL's fault.

Ask yourself if Eli would be touted for the HoF if his last name were not Manning and he played in the midwest. Every time I see Eli in those Sunday night intros I cringe. He hasn't been relevant in a long time.

Has Eli ever been a top 5 QB any year? What's the best season he had? Barely top 10?

Edit: He's had one season where he was in the top 10 in passer rating.

Well I’m ready to Brock out the rest of the season and ride this brocket all the way to the postseason
Enjoy it. The team played harder under Brock last week. I would guess Tannehill might not be the most popular guy in their.
Fins got a nice secondary. Draft a front 7 and you guys could be a playoff contender.
AFC is wide open this year if the Chiefs choke as usual.
Pats/Chargers/Ravens/Steelers don’t really scare anyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom