NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 59 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Yeah, but what’s his QBR? What’s his average fantasy football draft round selection? What do some goofballs on twitter think? I’m so hip and cutting edge. Need more nerd numbers and funny face memes!
If we are talking HOF that stuff matters.
I have shown the numbers and if Flacco gets another SB by this logic he is a HOFer when he will compile stats and have 2 SBs even though he has never been a top 5-10 QB,

Eli has the rings which is all you guys should care about but if the HOF is the best of the best Manning belongs nowhere near.

Actually that’s exactly what the Giants were doing with Gilbride, years after most of the rest of the league went full dink and dunk.
I watched a highlight of all his Ints the last 3 years. He has 2 Hail Mary INTs some of them were the WRs fault, some were his fault. To be fair the culmination it was probably 70% on him 30% on the receiver.
The guy isn’t a top tier QB which is what the HOF is about. He isn’t.
I get loving the guy he is your QB but the numbers show he hasn’t been a top QB.

He’s also counting ‘fumbles’ and not ‘fumbles lost’...but let’s play along.

If they don’t watch and just stat read...they really shouldn’t comment should they...
I watched the INts. A clear majority of them were on him. Of course he had tipped INTs which are on the receiver but the level defense for this guy by you and others is just overboard.
Nobody can take his rings but he isn’t one of the best QBs of this generation.

I have shown the numbers and if Flacco gets another SB by this logic he is a HOFer when he will compile stats and have 2 SBs even though he has never been a top 5-10 QB,

Eli has the rings which is all you guys should care about but if the HOF is the best of the best Manning belongs nowhere near.

Honestly, I’ve watched Joe Flacco play a few times(I think?) against the Giants and in the super bowl and probably AFC title game.

I don’t follow him like that, don’t know, or really care if he makes it? Baltimore Ravens just aren’t typically on my watching radar.

I watched a highlight of all his Ints the last 3 years. He has 2 Hail Mary INTs some of them were the WRs fault, some were his fault. To be fair the culmination it was probably 70% on him 30% on the receiver.
The guy isn’t a top tier QB which is what the HOF is about. He isn’t.
I get loving the guy he is your QB but the numbers show he hasn’t been a top QB.

Yeah, IMO the last few years aren’t all that relevant either way to whether he makes it.

I might get killed for this but how many hof qbs miss the playoffs 5 times in 6 years?

I might get killed for this but how many hof qbs miss the playoffs 5 times in 6 years?
Maybe Dan Fouts off the top of my head. However he clearly was playing on a crap team and carried them with only one real elite player in Winslow Sr.
I don’t think Eli was dominant like Fouts was in the 70s/80s.

Brees has 4 of the last 6.

Eli has more playoff wins this decade, a Super Bowl win as well.

Also only 1 less playoff win than Ben.

Alsacs, can you post that video of all of Eli’s INTs. Does it have score and time of game posted in it??

If it’s All 22, I’ll shlit myself in happiness.

Brees has 4 of the last 6.

Eli has more playoff wins this decade, a Super Bowl win as well.

Also only 1 less playoff win than Ben.

Alsacs, can you post that video of all of Eli’s INTs. Does it have score and time of game posted in it??

If it’s All 22, I’ll shlit myself in happiness.

This board had a decade's worth of excuses for McNabb.

His tenure at QB with Philly featured a lot more consistent success than Manning and he was nowhere near the turnover machine.

If you watched his games, you’d realize that most INTs, off tipped balls or wrong run timing routes...were when the GIANTS, now stay with me here...were...LOSING.

As clutch as he’s been in 4th, or 2nd half’s even...you can’t win them all.

Sorry don't buy that.

He’s also counting ‘fumbles’ and not ‘fumbles lost’...but let’s play along.

If they don’t watch and just stat read...they really shouldn’t comment should they...

Find me a QB that has turned the ball over more than Manning in the last six years. Thx I'll hang up and listen.

His tenure at QB with Philly featured a lot more consistent success than Manning and he was nowhere near the turnover machine.
There is only 1 kind of success.

If he wasn't ours he'd be completely forgettable.

If he wasn't ours he'd be completely forgettable.

Dude won 9 playoff games. lol

Strange sports culture we live in where only the championships are lauded but for instance efforts like the Bills getting to four SBs in a row are ridiculed.

Last edited:
Interesting stat. At the conclusion of this year Eli will have played 14 seasons and will have won playoff games in only two of those seasons.

Interesting stat. At the conclusion of this year Eli will have played 14 seasons and will have won playoff games in only two of those seasons.
Who says he won’t win 1 this year??!!

Yet he’s a HOFer...

Regarding McNabb vs. Eli, I do not think McNabb will ever get into the Hall, whereas I think Eli will. But I do think at his peak, McNabb was the better player.

You’ll see.

Come this November, Giants are breaking that glass ceiling!!!

Wait...
Honest question what will Francesa be talking about in a couple of weeks if the GMen are 4-7?
The Jets are rebuilding.
Knicks and Nets suck.
Nobody talks hockey in the USA.
So what do NYC fans talk about? Hot stove from November on?
Maybe Boston can lease NYC the Celtics while Sox and Pats suck up the oxygen.

Honest question what will Francesa be talking about in a couple of weeks if the GMen are 4-7?
The Jets are rebuilding.
Knicks and Nets suck.
Nobody talks hockey in the USA.
So what do NYC fans talk about? Hot stove from November on?
Maybe Boston can lease NYC the Celtics while Sox and Pats suck up the oxygen.
Obviously you didn’t watch last nights Knick game and witness the budding East Coast Domination Juggernaut that has taking up residence on 33rd and 8th.

The Yankees can throw enough shade for all NYC sports teams to hide under, but if the Giants don’t get their act together (which will field a lot of calls) the jets fans will all come out of hiding or just be born and the Darnold love will make it like the good ole days of Nagle, or Foley or Sanchez and all the Championship guarantees they spewed on and on about.

True but McNabb never was very durable, IMO. His accuracy at time stunk, too. Then there is the off the field stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom