NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 61 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

O/U 8.5 times Chris Collinsworth talks about Chiefs DC Bob Sutton.
He talked about him like 20 times last week.

Yes!! Eagles blow the lead at home! Drop to 3-4.

Always a sad place to be when your squad sucks so you must root for other teams to lose. Been there, done that.

Pick a QB...any QB in the first round and you’re all set! Lolololol.

Darnold -12-33 with 3 more picks. Rosen - 3 picks and a 44 passer rating in a 45-10 loss. Buffalo...I mean...wow...

Can’t pass any of those guys up! You just can’t!

lol rookie QBs struggling in the NFL? who knew?

Always a sad place to be when your squad sucks so you must root for other teams to lose. Been there, done that.

When the Giants are good, I root for the rest of the NFC East to lose just the same.

3-4. You might be “being there and doing that” again. 3-4 kinda sucks, no?

When the Giants are good, I root for the rest of the NFC East to lose just the same.

3-4. You might be “being there and doing that” again. 3-4 kinda sucks, no?

Unlike your squad we're a long way from being out of this division race.

Saints aren’t being talked about enough this year.

Not a lot to say before today's game but pats on the back will commence tomorrow.
+1.5 in Minnesota means they're considered the 2nd best team in the nfc at least.

Unlike your squad we're a long way from being out of this division race.

True.

But Rams and Saints on the road.

Jacksonville is struggling but playing them on the road won’t be easy.

Doubt you’re sweeping the NFC East.

Looks like an 8-8 squad at best

True.

But Rams and Saints on the road.

Jacksonville is struggling but playing them on the road won’t be easy.

Doubt you’re sweeping the NFC East.

Looks like an 8-8 squad at best

The road game with Jax is in London.

Everybody in the division plays the Saints.

I'm here all day for ya if u want to place a wager on that 8-8 at best prediction.

I'd like to put my weekly Jason Garrett should be fired post out there. He is still an awful coach and yet still has a job.

I'd like to put my weekly Jason Garrett should be fired post out there. He is still an awful coach and yet still has a job.

I watched that game. Had some $$ on Dallas. Frustrating to watch Washington blitz the hell out of Dallas and neither Garrett nor Dak seemed to be able to adjust to it.

NFL Week 8
Hou -7.5 vs Mia TNF
Phi -3 EV vs Jax at London
Pit -7.5 vs Cle
KC -9 vs Den
Chi -6 vs NYJ
Wsh -1 at NYG
Det -2.5 vs Sea
Cin -6 vs TB
Car Pick ‘em vs Bal
Indy -1.5 at Oak
SF Pick ‘em at Ari
LAR -8.5 vs GB
Min -2.5 vs NO SNF
NE -13 at Buf MNF

Crushing the bets this year but tough card. Might have to just cash out next week.
Maybe just continue fading the Bears. Trubisky stinks.

Last edited:
With no Fournette, Bortles' major suckage factor is taking over. And he has almost nobody to throw to anyway. Just IMHO.

I don't think it has anything to do with Fournette to be honest. I don't think Yeldon is much worse, if at all, and Bortles and the Jaguars have generally been no worse without Fournette so far in his career.

They wasted 30. From the pass complete at 2:31 they ran one play and then sat on it to the two minute warning.

Duh-umb.

Edit - they had 12 seconds and one TO. Most well coached teams take a shot at the end zone.

Not Dallas. Let’s just run Zeke up the middle for 2-3 and settle for a 47 yarder to tie it. They deserved to lose.

Tampa did the same thing and it almost cost them the game against Cleveland. 45 seconds left with two timeouts and they decided to just kneel the ball and settle for a 40 yarder instead of attempting to make it an easier kick for their struggling kicker (and of course he proceeded to miss the 40 yarder).

Saints aren’t being talked about enough this year.

Neither team is the favorite to go to the Super Bowl, but that game had that sort of intense feel to it. Might have been due to the weather conditions there, but that game was intense.

Bortles is good when he faces the Patriots.
Well everybody does good against the Pats D.
Which is why the Pats laying 13 at Buffalo must mean Buffalo really has a bad O.

SB contenders by conference
AFC
Kansas Ciry
New England
LA Chargers
Baltimore
Pittsburgh

NFC
LA Rams
New Orleans
Minnesota

I don’t think the AFC South or NFC East will have a team playing during the divisional round of the playoffs.

NFL Week 8
Hou -7.5 vs Mia TNF
Phi -3 EV vs Jax at London
Pit -7.5 vs Cle
KC -9 vs Den
Chi -6 vs NYJ
Wsh -1 at NYG
Det -2.5 vs Sea
Cin -6 vs TB
Car Pick ‘em vs Bal
Indy -1.5 at Oak
SF Pick ‘em at Ari
LAR -8.5 vs GB
Min -2.5 vs NO SNF
NE -13 at Buf MNF

The Saints are in the middle of a gauntlet right now.

Won at Baltimore
Next week at Minnesota.
Then November 4th home for a showdown against the Rams.

Hardest schedule by far this year in the NFL.

The Saints are in the middle of a gauntlet right now.

Won at Baltimore
Next week at Minnesota.
Then November 4th home for a showdown against the Rams.

Hardest schedule by far this year in the NFL.
The Vikings and Rams back to back is brutal.
Lucky break by the Saints avoiding the extra wear and tear going to OT.
The Vikings still have a lot of loseable games at NE, two with Chicago and Detroit.
While I am sure the Saints want revenge for last year but the Rams really have an easy schedule left outside this NO game, KC in Mexico City, and at Det/Chicago,

I think the Rams game is more important for HFA than Minnesota.
Minnesota will likely finish 11 win range whereas Rams 13 win range.

I'll be happy if the Saints win 1 out of 2 against the Vikings/Rams. 2 out of 2 they will be the number one seed in the NFC and probably SB favorite.

I'll be happy if the Saints win 1 out of 2 against the Vikings/Rams. 2 out of 2 they will be the number one seed in the NFC and probably SB favorite.

Can't see anybody but the Rams as the NFC Supe fave and #1 seed. The NFC West has fallen off a cliff.

Can't see anybody but the Rams as the NFC Supe fave and #1 seed. The NFC West has fallen off a cliff.
I agree the Rams are the best bet to be the 1 seed.
However if the Saints beat the Rams I could see both teams going 13-3.
Rams have KC in Mexico City and at Detroit and at Chicago.
They could lose 2 of those 3 and if NO beat them then NO would have H2H tiebreaker.
Saints have a harder schedule but I could see them going 13-3 with a couple breaks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom