NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 62 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Can't see anybody but the Rams as the NFC Supe fave and #1 seed. The NFC West has fallen off a cliff.

Well they do go to New Orleans in two weeks. A team that actually averages more PPG than them and has to play the hardest schedule in the NFL this season unlike the NFC west.

If you write off the Saints or Vikings you aren't paying attention. The Ram defense is far from elite. They gave up 31 to Seattle. I could see a similar game to Pat's/Chiefs in the dome in two weeks.

NFL Week 8
Hou -7.5 vs Mia TNF
Phi -3 EV vs Jax at London
Pit -7.5 vs Cle
KC -9 vs Den
Chi -6 vs NYJ
Wsh -1 at NYG
Det -2.5 vs Sea
Cin -6 vs TB
Car Pick ‘em vs Bal
Indy -1.5 at Oak
SF Pick ‘em at Ari
LAR -8.5 vs GB
Min -2.5 vs NO SNF
NE -13 at Buf MNF
No line on the cowboys vs the bye yet?

Expectations and a first place schedule are a lethal combo for St. Doug.
Jalen Ramsey running his mouth like he is Deion Sanders hasn’t helped either.
Jags looked they blew their wad offensively against the Patriots and since that game Blake remembered he wasn’t Peyton Manning.
The Jags should have been all over Teddy Bridgewater or Kirk Cousins last offseason.
The Jags have a big time cap crunch coming their this offseason as well.
They don’t have any cap space and have to pay some guys soon.

Jalen Ramsey running his mouth like he is Deion Sanders hasn’t helped either.
Jags looked they blew their wad offensively against the Patriots and since that game Blake remembered he wasn’t Peyton Manning.
The Jags should have been all over Teddy Bridgewater or Kirk Cousins last offseason.
The Jags have a big time cap crunch coming their this offseason as well.
They don’t have any cap space and have to pay some guys soon.

This sounds like perfect timing for them to draft a QB.

This sounds like perfect timing for them to draft a QB.
DpIVQ70WwAA5luA

Yeah they have to be looking at a cheap QB alternative. Even if they cut Bortles they still only have 7 million under the cap. They are projected over by 11 million at the 190 million projected cap.

Cowboys fans should look at this chart and be happy. The Eagles, Redskins, and Giants don’t have a lot of cap space.

Leveon Bell is going to get paid by either the Colts or Jets.

DpIVQ70WwAA5luA

Yeah they have to be looking at a cheap QB alternative. Even if they cut Bortles they still only have 7 million under the cap. They are projected over by 11 million at the 190 million projected cap.

Cowboys fans should look at this chart and be happy. The Eagles, Redskins, and Giants don’t have a lot of cap space.

With regard to the Eagles those #s don't come close to telling the story.

Nick Foles counts $18.8 mil toward 2019. He was never coming back.

Jason Peters counts $8 mil. Highly likely he retires after the season.

Timmy Jernigan counts $7 mil. He hasn't played a down this year and may not play at all. He's going to have to restructure or get cut. The latter being more likely as he has serious back problems.

Michael Bennett ($7 mil) and Chris Long ($5.3 mil) are two others that are long (no pun intended) in the tooth and not likely to be kept unless they agree to restructure.

There are other cap savings to be had too with unimportant players but just the five mentioned above turn a $28 mil deficit into an $18 mil surplus.

Feels like the NFL cap is becoming almost as meaningless as the NBA. You really have to get an F in finance and/or scouting to not afford who you want.

Please God not the Jets. Given their respective track records, I have no confidence Bowles can handle a head case of Bell's magnitude, especially if he sits out the entire year and arrives rusty while expecting 30 touches/game. Signing him would come under the heading of "Borrowing Trouble." Especially with a relative neophyte like Darnold at QB. Maybe Luck could handle him, but I fear the whole sordid mess would compromise Darnold's development.

Last edited:

I don't REALLY believe Buffalo will do it, but I think there's at least a chance that they could decide to move on from McCoy and pursue Bell instead. Probably a long-shot, but with their cap space and their dire need of playmakers, I don't think it can be completely written off.

I think Buffalo ultimately ends up drafting a RB though; maybe Damien Harris who Daboll coached at Bama.

I don't REALLY believe Buffalo will do it, but I think there's at least a chance that they could decide to move on from McCoy and pursue Bell instead. Probably a long-shot, but with their cap space and their dire need of playmakers, I don't think it can be completely written off.

I think Buffalo ultimately ends up drafting a RB though; maybe Damien Harris who Daboll coached at Bama.
I agree with Cowtown I wouldn’t want Bell.
He is a good player but Pittsburgh has used him a lot. That is the primary reason he is holding out.
He has had the most touches in the NFL the last 2 years and knows he could blow his leg any play.

Buffalo would be smart to avoid Bell. They need WRs more than a RBs and OL help. The Bills second round pick in the 30s will likely see a quality RB on the board in the draft.

I honestly feel bad for Cowboys fans.
Spider 2 Y Banana and the Raiders just stole a first round pick from the Cowboys for Amari Cooper.

No way I trade a first round pick for that guy.

Feels like the NFL cap is becoming almost as meaningless as the NBA. You really have to get an F in finance and/or scouting to not afford who you want.

Yup I can remember several years where the Eagles won the salary cap title yet had nothing to show for it.

Cowboys fans I feel for ya. I think giving away a first round pick for the rights to have a receiver for 25 football games is a misuse of assets.

Oakland now has three first rounders in 2019 and all of them may be in the first 15-20 picks of the draft.

Oakland now has three first rounders in 2019 and all of them may be in the first 15-20 picks of the draft.
Oakland’s own pick will be top 10.
They have 4-12 written all over them. They are home dogs to Indy this week.
Indy sucks and if they don’t beat them they will contend for a top 5 pick.

Chicago and Dallas are 7-9 to 9-7.
Dallas is making panic moves. Cooper isn’t worth a high 2nd rounder now.

Oakland should see if anybody wants Carr while they are at it. Miami might give them a first rounder for him. Just rebuild and give Gruden cover. Carr has regressed since he got paid.

I agree with Cowtown I wouldn’t want Bell.
He is a good player but Pittsburgh has used him a lot. That is the primary reason he is holding out.
He has had the most touches in the NFL the last 2 years and knows he could blow his leg any play.

Buffalo would be smart to avoid Bell. They need WRs more than a RBs and OL help. The Bills second round pick in the 30s will likely see a quality RB on the board in the draft.

I think I'd probably avoid Bell too for those same reasons, but we'll see. Like I said, I think Damien Harris is a very likely candidate to end up a Bill, and I'm guessing that would be with their 2nd round pick.

Cowboys fans I feel for ya. I think giving away a first round pick for the rights to have a receiver for 25 football games is a misuse of assets.
If he even plays 25 games !

DpIVQ70WwAA5luA

I would be happy if I had an NFL level hc and my team didn't give up a first round pick for amari cooper. :bang:

Oakland’s own pick will be top 10.
They have 4-12 written all over them. They are home dogs to Indy this week.
Indy sucks and if they don’t beat them they will contend for a top 5 pick.

Chicago and Dallas are 7-9 to 9-7.
Dallas is making panic moves. Cooper isn’t worth a high 2nd rounder now.

Oakland should see if anybody wants Carr while they are at it. Miami might give them a first rounder for him. Just rebuild and give Gruden cover. Carr has regressed since he got paid.
I would have given up a 3rd at a loss for words how dumb this franchise is o no wait I'm not there's a reason we have been mediocre for 24 years now.

I honestly feel bad for Cowboys fans.
Spider 2 Y Banana and the Raiders just stole a first round pick from the Cowboys for Amari Cooper.

No way I trade a first round pick for that guy.

I don't necessarily agree with what he's doing but I'll give Gruden credit, he's all in on this tear down
giphy.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom