NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 66 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Eagles picked up Golden Tate from DET for a third rounder. He's an UFA after this year.

Gonna be really interesting to see what they do with him in the offseason. I imagine one of him and Agholer is gone; question is if they let Tate walk and try to pick up a comp pick for him or if they sign him and cut Agholer.

demerius thomas corpse to the texans. yup..this will fill the void left by the Fuller injury...

I think one of them did mention that but it's still intentional grounding since the RB wasn't actually there

NFL announcing / live game analysis is worse than any other sport by far. ...so much doesnt get mentioned in games..they do little to nothing to educate the public that is consuming the product.

The good news is you can really get good information from other sources to learn more about the game from places like the NFL ringer podcasts and NFL outsiders...and The Athletic articles. I love listening to Mike Lombardi..former GM...he pulls no punches and does a great job pointing out things that were not mentioned in the broadcasts...although he is sort of a Belicheck schill which can get annoying.

NFL announcing / live game analysis is worse than any other sport by far. ...so much doesnt get mentioned in games..they do little to nothing to educate the public that is consuming the product.

The good news is you can really get good information from other sources to learn more about the game from places like the NFL ringer podcasts and NFL outsiders...and The Athletic articles. I love listening to Mike Lombardi..former GM...he pulls no punches and does a great job pointing out things that were not mentioned in the broadcasts...although he is sort of a Belicheck schill which can get annoying.

I've listened to Lombardi. You're right about him not pulling punches and being a BB shill. He must figure he's never working in the NFL again because he scorches earth and is pretty abrasive. Noticed he was dancing on Doug Peterson's grave after the loss to Carolina. I know Jason Kelce's a big fan. :)

Gonna be really interesting to see what they do with him in the offseason. I imagine one of him and Agholer is gone; question is if they let Tate walk and try to pick up a comp pick for him or if they sign him and cut Agholer.

Yeah the Eagles have Agholor under their control through the 2019 season. They do seem like similar players. I like Tate a lot. He should help the Birds quite a bit but it's a steep price if it's only for eight games.

Yeah the Eagles have Agholor under their control through the 2019 season. They do seem like similar players. I like Tate a lot. He should help the Birds quite a bit but it's a steep price if it's only for eight games.

Yeah, it'll be a tough decision. Tate is probably a significantly better player right now, but he's also 30 years old already and will probably be looking for one more relatively big contract while Agholer is only 25 and after next season (where his contract is pretty insane), he'll probably be cheaper than Tate if I had to guess.

I've listened to Lombardi. You're right about him not pulling punches and being a BB shill. He must figure he's never working in the NFL again because he scorches earth and is pretty abrasive. Noticed he was dancing on Doug Peterson's grave after the loss to Carolina. I know Jason Kelce's a big fan. :)
It’s refreshing though ...hearing an insider just light up incompetence ...you’re right that he must have no designs on getting back into the league with the wake of destruction he leaves ...its amazing to me though the people in a similar situation to him ...with no desire or hope to get back into the league .. who say nothing of substance because they are afraid to criticize even the most heinous acts of incompetence

Well most analysts were a cog in the wheel of incompetence. You think Rex Ryan & John Fox understand game theory?

It’s refreshing though ...hearing an insider just light up incompetence ...you’re right that he must have no designs on getting back into the league with the wake of destruction he leaves ...its amazing to me though the people in a similar situation to him ...with no desire or hope to get back into the league .. who say nothing of substance because they are afraid to criticize even the most heinous acts of incompetence

With good reason. Sean Mcdonough is a great announcer. He lost the MNF job because he trashed the officiating and he was right.

My only beef with Lombardi is that he has personalized his criticism of Doug Peterson and he's butt hurt that Kelce and others called him on it when his brash assessments blew up in his face. If you're going to have H0T Takes all the time then you're going to have to be a big boy and suffer the consequences when you're way off the mark.

Gruden's a joke. The Raiders were 12-4 two seasons ago! Now they're a total mess.

There's really no defending a loss like that to one of the worst teams in the NFL (though the Vikings had a similar loss to Buffalo somehow and obviously they're actually good lol), but I think people are overreacting to Gruden. The Raiders sucked last season too and given how much leverage Gruden has with his contract, he's decided to undergo a rebuilding process. I don't think it was necessarily a bad idea and I think the moves he's made so far are pretty defensible. The Cooper trade was undeniably good. The Mack trade is TBD, but I don't blame him for not wanting to pay a defensive player roughly $23 million, and they got a ton of assets in return for him. I think it would be wise to move on from Carr if another team wants to give up a 2nd-ish round pick for him too, and it feels like that's where we're eventually headed.

There's really no defending a loss like that to one of the worst teams in the NFL (though the Vikings had a similar loss to Buffalo somehow and obviously they're actually good lol), but I think people are overreacting to Gruden. The Raiders sucked last season too and given how much leverage Gruden has with his contract, he's decided to undergo a rebuilding process. I don't think it was necessarily a bad idea and I think the moves he's made so far are pretty defensible. The Cooper trade was undeniably good. The Mack trade is TBD, but I don't blame him for not wanting to pay a defensive player roughly $23 million, and they got a ton of assets in return for him. I think it would be wise to move on from Carr if another team wants to give up a 2nd-ish round pick for him too, and it feels like that's where we're eventually headed.
So they're never going to pay $ that a top edge rusher in the NFL is due? Beyond stupid getting rid of Mack imo. Gruden has reversed their team that was trending up. It's a complete train wreck. Obviously getting a 1 for Cooper was a steal. Bottom line is they shouldn't be in rebuild mode right now regardless of the move to Vegas. The worst thing was paying Gruden all that $.

If I were honest Gruden is kinda doing what Belichick did in 2000.
Now Belichick lucked into Brady in that draft in the 6th round but he tore the team down not for first picks though and eventually moved on from his priced QB Bledsoe.
I actually think the Raiders will be good in 2-3 years if they hit on these picks.
It is more important to have a higher paid middle class than having a lot of 15+ million players. The Rams are all-in these next 2 years so they better win a title.
Raiders will likely move on from Carr and draft a guy with their 3 first round picks.
Broncos went all-in and got to 2 SBs and won one. Thus their fans should be happy with that while Elway resets the roster.
The main reason the Patriots are lucky to win a lot is Brady takes less they should and they don’t overpay a lot of guys. They have a strong middle class and it results in the tram not having as much elite top end talent but B/B+ guys who rely on Brady to make up for it.

if they hit on these picks
Yeah, everyone knows that's a huge if. It would be called a hit on a pick if they got a K Mack, well they had that bird in the hand. The worst is finding a new qb. It's a complete guess they will be good in a few years, because it's all draft picks right now. We all know that's 50/50 on hitting

So they're never going to pay $ that a top edge rusher in the NFL is due? Beyond stupid getting rid of Mack imo. Gruden has reversed their team that was trending up. It's a complete train wreck. Obviously getting a 1 for Cooper was a steal. Bottom line is they shouldn't be in rebuild mode right now regardless of the move to Vegas. The worst thing was paying Gruden all that $.

That really depends on your philosophy. Not everybody wants to pay non QBs that much, especially when you have a draft coming up that's loaded with passrushers. They could pretty easily get someone that's like 70-80% of Mack for like 25% of the cost and then use the rest of that money to address other needs that the roster has. Oakland has gone from being roughly the 29th best defense with Mack last season to being the 31st without him. Mack spent 4 years in Oakland and they finished with an above average defense one time, his first season in which he didn't make much of an impact. The defense got progressively worse as a unit each year as he got progressively better; I don't really blame them for hitting the reset button and taking the cap space and picks.

That really depends on your philosophy. Not everybody wants to pay non QBs that much, especially when you have a draft coming up that's loaded with passrushers. They could pretty easily get someone that's like 70-80% of Mack for like 25% of the cost and then use the rest of that money to address other needs that the roster has. Oakland has gone from being roughly the 29th best defense with Mack last season to being the 31st without him. Mack spent 4 years in Oakland and they finished with an above average defense one time, his first season in which he didn't make much of an impact. The defense got progressively worse as a unit each year as he got progressively better; I don't really blame them for hitting the reset button and taking the cap space and picks.
If that's his philosophy of not paying an edge rusher when you have one of the best in the game ok, even if I disagree. The second part about where their d was ranked and what they did is a whole separate issue. They drafted an olineman with their first pick, which was their strength. I happened to be with my raider friends for the draft, they were distraught to say the least

If that's his philosophy of not paying an edge rusher when you have one of the best in the game ok, even if I disagree. The second part about where their d was ranked and what they did is a whole separate issue. They drafted an olineman with their first pick, which was their strength. I happened to be with my raider friends for the draft, they were distraught to say the least

You won't hear me defend that pick. I didn't even think Kolton should have been taken in the 1st round period, much less top 15.

If the Oregon kid is available at the Raiders pick, then pick him. Have him sit a year behind Carr ala Mahomes and Smith in KC

You won't hear me defend that pick. I didn't even think Kolton should have been taken in the 1st round period, much less top 15.

Reggie should have been fired on the spot for that. I'll give McKenzie credit for getting them out of salary cap hell, but he's been bad at drafting for a few years now. Got lucky on Carr and Mack.

Gruden's a joke. The Raiders were 12-4 two seasons ago! Now they're a total mess.
Always liked gruden but he's been out of coaching too long. He needs to nail those first round picks that he traded for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom