NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

I distinctively remember. Wasn’t he late because there was a crazy snow storm and the coach wouldn’t cut him any slack ? I could be making this up , but it comes to my mind for some reason.
It was snowing but it was because his phone died and never woke him up.

Jason Witten is awful.
“Take a dump down”

Loved him as a player but he sounds like the dumbest meathead ever.

On this week's episode of "NFL Rules I Hate", we take a look at intentional grounding. In order to avoid intentional grounding, you must either:

A. Throw the ball near a receiver

or

B. Get outside the pocket and throw the ball back to the line of scrimmage.

Tom Brady threw the ball nowhere near a receiver, so the refs defaulted to him being inside the pocket and throwing it past the line of scrimmage so that they wouldn't have to call their beloved QB for intentional grounding.

Except, Tom Brady was still inside the pocket and his throw came up a solid 1-2 yards short of the line of scrimmage.

On this week's episode of "NFL Rules I Hate", we take a look at intentional grounding. In order to avoid intentional grounding, you must either:

A. Throw the ball near a receiver

or

B. Get outside the pocket and throw the ball back to the line of scrimmage.

Tom Brady threw the ball nowhere near a receiver, so the refs defaulted to him being inside the pocket and throwing it past the line of scrimmage so that they wouldn't have to call their beloved QB for intentional grounding.

Except, Tom Brady was still inside the pocket and his throw came up a solid 1-2 yards short of the line of scrimmage.
If these announcers were good they would have pointed out that while the person closest to the ball was an OL the RB was a couple of yards to the left of him. I think Brady thought the RB would be in the right spot.
Of course these announcers suck so they wouldn’t point anything but the obvious out.

It’s amazing it took Witten this long to basically describe the obvious that Buffalo was playing coverage and keeping everything underneath.
This crew is just brutal.

If these announcers were good they would have pointed out that while the person closest to the ball was an OL the RB was a couple of yards to the left of him. I think Brady thought the RB would be in the right spot.
Of course these announcers suck so they wouldn’t point anything but the obvious out.

I think one of them did mention that but it's still intentional grounding since the RB wasn't actually there

Refs just do as the Patriots tell them to do. Pathetic.
How many penalties do the Bills have in this game?
1? Where Edmonds clearly grabbed Edelman.

I think one of them did mention that but it's still intentional grounding since the RB wasn't actually there
No they argued he wasn’t outside of the pocket. Not that the RB wasn’t there.
The RB was NOT the closest person to the pass but was in the neighborhood.

How many penalties do the Bills have in this game?
1? Where Edmonds clearly grabbed Edelman.

No flag was coming til the cry baby biotch cried and then the ref threw the flag a full 5 secs after the play was over.

Then the ref just refused to throw the flag on that last 2nd down play on this series that was blatant.

Also on the kickoff where the Bills fumbled the refs blew the whistle right after he hit the ground but they let the play continue to roll cuz hey ya know it’s the Pats - give em a chance to get the turnover wink wink

No flag was coming til the cry baby biotch cried and then the ref threw the flag a full 5 secs after the play was over.

Then the ref just refused to throw the flag on that last 2nd down play on this series that was blatant.

Also on the kickoff where the Bills fumbled the refs blew the whistle right after he hit the ground but they let the play continue to roll cuz hey ya know it’s the Pats - give em a chance to get the turnover wink wink
So because they complained on a hold it’s a BS call? Edmonds grabbed Edelman and it’s the only call the refs have thrown on the Pats.
The refs are supposed to let turnovers play out as replay is automatic. They got the call right. No bias.

So because they complained on a hold it’s a BS call? Edmonds grabbed Edelman and it’s the only call the refs have thrown on the Pats.
The refs are supposed to let turnovers play out as replay is automatic. They got the call right. No bias.

But they blew the whistle. Whistle means the play is over. They say play to the whistle- not play to the second whistle. All bias.

But they blew the whistle. Whistle means the play is over. They say play to the whistle- not play to the second whistle. All bias.
Cmon man in the past you have had stuff to complain about.
That call was correctly called. It wasn’t a fumble and they got it right.

I haven’t watched the Saints-Vikes game yet I DVR’ed it but that win shows it’s a 2 team horse race for HFA.
1/2.Saints-Rams.

Box score tells me the Saints made some turnovers and the Saints running game just controlled the clock.

Impressive win for the Saints.
Saints defense keeps getting better and better. Kamara is a matchup nightmare.

Cmon man in the past you have had stuff to complain about.
That call was correctly called. It wasn’t a fumble and they got it right.

That’s not the point.

Honestly I wasn't even aware the moderator was involved. My bad, I'll refrain from further comments.

There was NO RB in the vicinity at all

Should have been grounding, in fact TWICE tonight

No they argued he wasn’t outside of the pocket. Not that the RB wasn’t there.
The RB was NOT the closest person to the pass but was in the neighborhood.

The officials said that the throw was past the LOS, when it clearly wasn't.

DqwkAECWsAAEct5

Stats like this are why it’s impossible to hate the Bills.
Their fans deserve a special year.

Eagles picked up Golden Tate from DET for a third rounder. He's an UFA after this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom