NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 69 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Michael Thomas with the Joe Horn move.
I mean he is so lucky it’s a 2 score game. That penalty in a tight one score game is almost unforgivable.
Hes lucky they didn't come back 4 mins with that offense is an eternity. Incredibly dumb move.

Thomas had cell phones under both goal posts.

Outside of Sean Payton nobody else seems that annoyed by it in the media. Interesting.

Cuz the media are stoopid. Of course if LA came back and won the game then we'd never hear the end of it.

Couldn't agree more. I already couldn't stand Collinsworth, after last night I'll be muting him in further NE contests

Think back to the Super Bowl. Collinsworth was driving Philly fans out of their minds with his one-sided call of the action. His insistence that the Ertz TD was not a TD was comical.

Three things are obvious with the Cowboys: 1) they're poorly coached, 2) Dak is not very good and 3) whenever Lee goes out of the game their defense falls apart.

Should be interesting in Frisco after Capt Clappy has another 6-8 win season (if that).

Even if they fire Linehan (which they should’ve done last year) what OC worth a damn would work for Dead Man Walking Garrett?

9 seasons, 1 playoff win. Tom Landry is laughing his ace off in heaven saying, “That’s what happens when you fire greatness, dipstuff.”

Three things are obvious with the Cowboys: 1) they're poorly coached, 2) Dak is not very good and 3) whenever Lee goes out of the game their defense falls apart.

Sean Lee is one of the all time most overrated Cowboys.

And there’s been many overrated Boys because they play for America’s team.

Lee is softer than wet Charmin.

MNF has become a garbage production. Loved Witt as a player but he just isn't a natural guy commentary wise. Booger is just annoying.

The NFL product itself is just hard to watch anymore. Between all the reviews, excessive protection of QBs and offensive players in general and even the commentary getting worse it's just not the same..

It’s crazy how difficult qb is in the nfl. Guys who once looked very solid just as easily regress it seems. Toughest position in sports and I don’t think it’s close. Doesn’t help that every team is trying to find the next Brady, Rodgers, brees.

Don’t worry, next week on MNF Eli will throw for another 300yds, 70% comp and a TD, OBJ will drop 1, 2 guys will quit on routes .but Eli will miss on another TD before getting hit for the 15thx in the game...and all 6 announcers and 28 pre/half/& post game guys will harp on how he’s washed up.

MNF has become a garbage production. Loved Witt as a player but he just isn't a natural guy commentary wise. Booger is just annoying.

The NFL product itself is just hard to watch anymore. Between all the reviews, excessive protection of QBs and offensive players in general and even the commentary getting worse it's just not the same..
Agreed. I can't watch with the sound on. It's really just brutal. WAER kids could do a better job. They will have to make changes in the off-season, right?

He may not be a natural, but I thought he did a real good job underlining the strategic and fundamental weaknesses of the Cowboys' O, including the o-line. He didn't mince words. I learned something from him, which is what I want.

Don’t worry, next week on MNF Eli will throw for another 300yds, 70% comp and a TD, OBJ will drop 1, 2 guys will quit on routes .but Eli will miss on another TD before getting hit for the 15thx in the game...and all 6 announcers and 28 pre/half/& post game guys will harp on how he’s washed up.
LOL yeah your right Eli is playing well.
Passing yards mean nothing.
Eli is in the bottom of 5 QBR.
It’s Eli and the 4 rookies( Mayfield, Darnold, Allen and Rosen).
Even Francesa now is starting to say it’s over for Eli.
He isn’t playing well.

The NFC east is god awful.

Atlanta would win that division this year and they are third in the South.

Sean Lee is one of the all time most overrated Cowboys.

And there’s been many overrated Boys because they play for America’s team.

Lee is softer than wet Charmin.

The minute Lee left the game the Titans began gashing your Boys right up the middle.

Right before the game ESPN conducts a sideline interview with Jerrah. Got to be the only team in the league where the owner does that interview and not the coach. As long as dad and son call all the shots there the Boys will be without a playoff win for a LONG time to come.

LOL yeah your right Eli is playing well.
Passing yards mean nothing.
Eli is in the bottom of 5 QBR.
It’s Eli and the 4 rookies( Mayfield, Darnold, Allen and Rosen).
Even Francesa now is starting to say it’s over for Eli.
He isn’t playing well.

When you've lost Mike Francesa ...

The NFC east is god awful.

Atlanta would win that division this year and they are third in the South.

The NFC South was much stronger than the NFC East last year too. :)

The NFC South was much stronger than the NFC East last year too. :)

Unfortunately we will never know because our Free Safety blew the game...haha

That said the Saints look great right now and Brees looks better than he ever has.

Unfortunately we will never know because our Free Safety blew the game...haha

That said the Saints look great right now and Brees looks better than he ever has.
Brees should get the MVP right now.
I think Mahomes has better stats but Brees has been the best QB this year.

Saints schedule though is still insanely hard.
at Cincinnati
Philadelphia
Atlanta on Thanksgiving
at Dallas TNF
at Tampa
at Carolina
Pittsburgh
Carolina

That schedule is insane. 6-2 would be amazing. The Rams are looking at 14-2 IMO.
However LA isn’t a HFA

They are pretty well coached on D, imo. Lee missed the past few games and they played reasonably well on that side of the ball. I have zero issues with Kris Richard and his play calling.

The offense on the other hand is a train wreck as well as the HC and the GM. I think they can win with Dak but they need to get a HC and an OC who build around him instead of trying to make him play their offense. It is no coincidence that his rookie year when they actually play called to his talents for more than a quarter that he performed well.

He will never be Rodgers, Brees or Brady but he is good enough to win big with if he had a HC whose offense was not stuck in the 1990s.

Brees should get the MVP right now.
I think Mahomes has better stats but Brees has been the best QB this year.

Saints schedule though is still insanely hard.
at Cincinnati
Philadelphia
Atlanta on Thanksgiving
at Dallas TNF
at Tampa
at Carolina
Pittsburgh
Carolina

That schedule is insane. 6-2 would be amazing. The Rams are looking at 14-2 IMO.
However LA isn’t a HFA

Hardest schedule in the NFL this year. I would have been happy with 1-1 against Rams/Vikings. I think by the time they play at Dallas and Tampa those teams will be ready to end their season.

They will beat Philly at home. I think the beat Pittsburgh as well. The game I think they will lose for sure is at Carolina and maybe even this week at Cincy. That said the Saints have had a lot of success in Charlotte the last couple years.

I think Brees should be MVP, but I think everyone just wants to give it to Mahomes, but Brees has been more efficient and has 50 less pass attempts.

The Oline deserves a ton of credit to. It;s the best Oline in football this year. They proved that against the Rams.

The minute Lee left the game the Titans began gashing your Boys right up the middle.

Right before the game ESPN conducts a sideline interview with Jerrah. Got to be the only team in the league where the owner does that interview and not the coach. As long as dad and son call all the shots there the Boys will be without a playoff win for a LONG time to come.

Lee was too slow to cover one of the Titans first two TDs. Mariotta threw his receivers open for every 3rd and long conversion - he played well.

Dallas secondary played soft expecting the pass rush to get home and it didn’t in the second half.

But the biggest reason the D got carved up in the second half is because the O was 3 & out from the second quarter until 4 minutes left while Tenn was hitting on 9 minute drives.

Sean Lee isn’t durable enough to be that vital; the D has been great this year while he’s missed his usual multiple games. Edit - Boys are 2-1 this year without the vaunted Mr. Lee; 1-4 when he starts. They should've realized years ago that he wasn't a player worth building a defense around. But Jerry loves his misfit toys.

Scott Linehan’s bipolar play calling and Dak’s inability to throw receivers open is one of many problems. Linehan and Prescott make each other look awful - one won’t call pass plays on first down because the other won’t throw to a receiver he can’t see open.

The rest of your post about the Jones family isn’t breaking news - it’s right up there with water being wet.

But hey - if the Iggles can win a SB after decades of gagging futility then who says Jerry and his ejit sons can’t stumble their way to #6.

Last edited:

Agree on your last point. He is the new Al Davis. He won't be remembered by the fans for the 3 SB he won with Jimmy but instead will be remembered as the guy whose ego ran Jimmy off and then spent the next 30 years in mediocrity.

Agreed. I can't watch with the sound on. It's really just brutal. WAER kids could do a better job. They will have to make changes in the off-season, right?

Jason Witten should be incarcerated for his repeated brutal assaults on the English language.

My goodness he is the meatheadiest ex player I’ve ever heard in the booth.

Loved him as a player but he is god awful as a game analyst. MNF has really fallen off a cliff.

Face it, Dallas isn't sniffing a SB until they no longer have a Jerry worshipper at coach. Dak is a solid backup, but just does not read the defense well at all. The OL is a mess without TF, and even then Smith has been up and down, the rookie gets beat a ton and Collins gets beat or penalized far too often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom