NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

I really wish I could see the pictures Garrett has of Jerruh, so I could see why he hasn't been fired 6 times over.

On second thought, I probably don't.
1541514351864.gif

Jason Witten should be incarcerated for his repeated brutal assaults on the English language.

My goodness he is the meatheadiest ex player I’ve ever heard in the booth.

Loved him as a player but he is god awful as a game analyst. MNF has really fallen off a cliff.
The entire MNF booth is atrocious.
Witten should have started doing college games and worked up to MNF.
His PBP guy is the worst and Booger not in the booth kills chemistry.

The entire MNF booth is atrocious.
Witten should have started doing college games and worked up to MNF.
His PBP guy is the worst and Booger not in the booth kills chemistry.

Booger isn't good regardless of where he sits.

Unfortunately we will never know because our Free Safety blew the game...haha

That said the Saints look great right now and Brees looks better than he ever has.

Nobody was coming into the Linc last year and beating the Birds. They went 9-0 at home ex the meaningless Cowboys game where everybody sat out.

That said, I'd put my money on the Saints this year to win it all even if they have to play LA out there. That's not that great of a home field advantage for the Rams.

Lee was too slow to cover one of the Titans first two TDs. Mariotta threw his receivers open for every 3rd and long conversion - he played well.

Dallas secondary played soft expecting the pass rush to get home and it didn’t in the second half.

But the biggest reason the D got carved up in the second half is because the O was 3 & out from the second quarter until 4 minutes left while Tenn was hitting on 9 minute drives.

Sean Lee isn’t durable enough to be that vital; the D has been great this year while he’s missed his usual multiple games. Edit - Boys are 2-1 this year without the vaunted Mr. Lee; 1-4 when he starts. They should've realized years ago that he wasn't a player worth building a defense around. But Jerry loves his misfit toys.

Scott Linehan’s bipolar play calling and Dak’s inability to throw receivers open is one of many problems. Linehan and Prescott make each other look awful - one won’t call pass plays on first down because the other won’t throw to a receiver he can’t see open.

The rest of your post about the Jones family isn’t breaking news - it’s right up there with water being wet.

But hey - if the Iggles can win a SB after decades of gagging futility then who says Jerry and his ejit sons can’t stumble their way to #6.

You're going to have a nice long wait for #6. Many reasons why that is the case but first and foremost is Prescott. He sucks. Couldn't see a blitz coming if he were sent an engraved invitation. They're going to be in the Eagles rear view mirror for many years to come. Wentz v Prescott is a complete mismatch.

Sean Lee is one of the all time most overrated Cowboys.

And there’s been many overrated Boys because they play for America’s team.

Lee is softer than wet Charmin.

I think your assessment of Lee is a little goofy but I know one thing - his replacement didn't get it done last night.

You're going to have a nice long wait for #6. Many reasons why that is the case but first and foremost is Prescott. He sucks. Couldn't see a blitz coming if he were sent an engraved invitation. They're going to be in the Eagles rear view mirror for many years to come. Wentz v Prescott is a complete mismatch.

I'm not convinced of the long-term dominance of the Birds, and I'm saying that as an Iggles' fan. They will have to ante up for Wentz soon.

However, the Cowboys' situation is even worse. They will either have to ante up for Prescott, or they'll have to decide to try to find his successor. They've sunk a lot of $$'s into that O-line, and it appears that they're already on the decline. Not to mention that Ezekiel Elliott 'ain't livin' long like this' as he continues to take a pounding.

Oh, and they need a new owner, which isn't happening.

Last edited:
I think your assessment of Lee is a little goofy but I know one thing - his replacement didn't get it done last night.

They can't count on him b/c of all the injuries. Misses more time now than he plays. And, all that Jaylon Smith hype? He ole'd on more than one missed tackle last night. Good story, average LB.

LOL yeah your right Eli is playing well.
Passing yards mean nothing.
Eli is in the bottom of 5 QBR.
It’s Eli and the 4 rookies( Mayfield, Darnold, Allen and Rosen).
Even Francesa now is starting to say it’s over for Eli.
He isn’t playing well.
I understand.

Not moving the ball is a good thing.

Go get em boys!!! 3 of the 5 new OL guys the Giants retooled into this powerful OL are gone and 1s a rookie and 1 makes flowers look good!!

All Eli’s fault!! He wants to lead the league in sacks, hits and no time. Even Barkley can’t run.

Eli’s fault.

Saying it’s time for him to go is not saying he’s washed up...for clearly, he’s not.

I'd be cautious touting Carson Wentz. At least Dak isn't running on one knee.

Who knows, Wentz could turn into the QB version of Sean Lee and then you'd think I was less goofy.

You should, at minimum, wait until Wentz makes it through a full season and actually starts a playoff game before saying he's a complete mismatch over a QB who did that their rookie year.

Next week should be fun.

Who knows, Wentz could turn into the QB version of Sean Lee and then you'd think I was less goofy.

You should, at minimum, wait until Wentz makes it through a full season and actually starts a playoff game before saying he's a complete mismatch over a QB who did that their rookie year.

Next week should be fun.

At least Carson can, what's the phrase I'm looking for, read defenses. Oh, and not settle for checkdown after checkdown. Injury is always a risk with any player, but any objective viewer looking at both QB's in action can see that Wentz is far advanced over Prescott. I mean, it's not as if not improving from your rookie year is a GOOD thing.

At least Carson can, what's the phrase I'm looking for, read defenses. Oh, and not settle for checkdown after checkdown. Injury is always a risk with any player, but any objective viewer looking at both QB's in action can see that Wentz is far advanced over Prescott. I mean, it's not as if not improving from your rookie year is a GOOD thing.

I agree with your summary of Dak's limitations. I'm not saying Dak is an elite QB.

I'm saying St. Carson hasn't actually done anything meaningful to support this notion that the gap between the two is so vast.

Wentz has a competent coach who won a SB with Nick Friggin Foles. Who knows how he'd fare in a different system. He could be Drew Brees; he could be Carson Palmer.

Iggs fans love Wentz for what he might be able to do; not what he's actually done.

Cowboys fans love Dak for what he's done (win the division go to the playoffs) and overlook what he can't do.

Agreed. I can't watch with the sound on. It's really just brutal. WAER kids could do a better job. They will have to make changes in the off-season, right?
Raise your hand if when ESPN puts witten on camera, after he gives thatlook of absolute fear, you don’t think the next words out of his mouth are ‘boom goes the dynamite’???...

I understand.

Not moving the ball is a good thing.

Go get em boys!!! 3 of the 5 new OL guys the Giants retooled into this powerful OL are gone and 1s a rookie and 1 makes flowers look good!!

All Eli’s fault!! He wants to lead the league in sacks, hits and no time. Even Barkley can’t run.

Eli’s fault.

Saying it’s time for him to go is not saying he’s washed up...for clearly, he’s not.
Eli is washed up. Put him on the Saints with the best OL in football he isn’t great.

Eli has 2 rings and a legacy. He is toast now.

I agree with your summary of Dak's limitations. I'm not saying Dak is an elite QB.

I'm saying St. Carson hasn't actually done anything meaningful to support this notion that the gap between the two is so vast.

Wentz has a competent coach who won a SB with Nick Friggin Foles. Who knows how he'd fare in a different system. He could be Drew Brees; he could be Carson Palmer.

Iggs fans love Wentz for what he might be able to do; not what he's actually done.

Cowboys fans love Dak for what he's done (win the division go to the playoffs) and overlook what he can't do.

He actually put them into position to go deep into the playoffs by what he did before he was injured. That's more than anything that Dak has accomplished.

He actually put them into position to go deep into the playoffs by what he did before he was injured. That's more than anything that Dak has accomplished.

Check back with me when Wentz wins the division for the Birds. Then he'll have equaled Dak's accomplishments in the NFL.

"Put them into position to go deep..." FFS, so do fluffers.

I'm not convinced of the long-term dominance of the Birds, and I'm saying that as an Iggles' fan. They will have to ante up for Wentz soon.

However, the Cowboys' situation is even worse. They will either have to ante up for Prescott, or they'll have to decide to try to find his successor. They've sunk a lot of $$'s into that O-line, and it appears that they're already on the decline. Not to mention that Ezekiel Elliott 'ain't livin' long like this' as he continues to take a pounding.

Oh, and they need a new owner, which isn't happening.

Yeah my point, as was yours, is relative to the Cowboys.

They can't count on him b/c of all the injuries. Misses more time now than he plays. And, all that Jaylon Smith hype? He ole'd on more than one missed tackle last night. Good story, average LB.

No I get that about Lee. No doubt. But when he goes out there is a noticeable falloff.

Next week should be fun.

Injuries can happen to anybody. In the comparison between Dak and Wentz that's about the only card you can play. Cuz otherwise there is no comparison.

Were you out of the country last fall? He only was on his way to the MVP prior to his injury.

Your excuses for your QB are impressive. That kind of thing is contagious around here.

No way on earth the Birds win the SB without home field advantage and nobody was more instrumental to that than CW. Man, amazing how the obvious can escape some folks.

Check back with me when Wentz wins the division for the Birds. Then he'll have equaled Dak's accomplishments in the NFL.

"Put them into position to go deep..." FFS, so do fluffers.

lol he had already clinched the division by the time of his injury.

Injuries can happen to anybody. In the comparison between Dak and Wentz that's about the only card you can play. Cuz otherwise there is no comparison.

Were you out of the country last fall? He only was on his way to the MVP prior to his injury.

Your excuses for your QB are impressive. That kind of thing is contagious around here.
lol he had already clinched the division by the time of his injury.

LOL. The only card I can play is what actually happened:

1.) Wentz got knocked out of the division clinching win in the third quarter with a 2 point lead. Nick Foles finished with 2 FG drives to the clinch the division and took them to the SB.

2.) They don't hand out an "on his way to the MVP" award.

3.) Durability is kinda important for a franchise QB - see Mannning, She-li vs. Tony Choke-O.

You're just parroting the case that Wentz has been an elite fluffer to date (I agree).

And once more - I'm not saying Dak is elite or even better than Wentz.

I love stoking the Iggs inferiority complex. You're the defending SB champs, act like it!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom