NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 74 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

504f36666bb3f71937000019-750-452.jpg
A baseball stadium isn’t ideal but atleast the grass isn’t torn up like it is in Mexico.
They had 2 concerts, 2 soccer matches and rain.
That turf is dangerous. The NFL might postpone the game a week as both teams have a bye week 12.

A baseball stadium isn’t ideal but atleast the grass isn’t torn up like it is in Mexico.
They had 2 concerts, 2 soccer matches and rain.
That turf is dangerous. The NFL might postpone the game a week as both teams have a bye week 12.
How is it any more dangerous than a baseball field (which obviously doesn't have any grass in certain areas), concrete topped with a thin layer of carpet, or weather conditions like snow, rain and fog? I mean, you're not wrong...I just find it laughable that all of a sudden the NFL is concerned about player safety. The cynic in me says there's more than meets the eye here. Could be any of the following (or a combination):

1. As a late-season game featuring the teams with the two best records in the league, this is a rare opportunity for the Rams to actually sell out at home.
2. MNF ratings are down, so let's create extra hype.
3. The players are now piling on because they don't want to go to Mexico.

UPDATE: Game officially moved to LA. I guess the air quality isn't enough of a safety concern. (I'm being facetious, I know the Coliseum is relatively far from the coastline.)

NFL cash grab coming back to bite them.

Belichick last year said the Mexico game took a lot out of the Patriots.

Hard to argue the owners care about player well being if they don’t move this game.

How is it any more dangerous than a baseball field (which obviously doesn't have any grass in certain areas), concrete topped with a thin layer of carpet, or weather conditions like snow, rain and fog? I mean, you're not wrong...I just find it laughable that all of a sudden the NFL is concerned about player safety. The cynic in me says there's more than meets the eye here. Could be any of the following (or a combination):

1. As a late-season game featuring the teams with the two best records in the league, this is a rare opportunity for the Rams to actually sell out at home.
2. MNF ratings are down, so let's create extra hype.
3. The players are now piling on because they don't want to go to Mexico.

UPDATE: Game officially moved to LA. I guess the air quality isn't enough of a safety concern. (I'm being facetious, I know the Coliseum is relatively far from the coastline.)
I forgot one earlier:

4. Highest over/under in league history. Vegas takes a beating if that game is played on that field.

Also, did I hear correctly that this is the third international game moved this year? A game in China was moved to LA and another in Germany was moved to London.

I’m watching Rodgers bounce and overthrow passes all night.

Can’t wait till u guys give him the same disrespect and heat you give Eli!!!

If Eli is not allowed to have an incomplete pass, you guys must really shlit on the God Aaron Rodgers.

Go!!!...

If Eli is not allowed to have an incomplete pass, you guys must really shlit on the God Aaron Rodgers.

Go!!!...
When Eli can do this you can even try and start what you are.

Go!!!...
Or this.

Holy Fluck!!!!

His guys don’t drop passes???!!!

I’ll just assume he won too...
LOL if you think Eli could roll to his right and on the move make that TD pass.
Maybe like 2-3 QBs in the league could make that throw. Mahomes and maybe Wentz and Ryan.
Brady and Brees couldn’t make that throw.

Haven’t watched much of the Eagles this year. What’s the issue? SB hangover?

Thought for sure they’d beat Dallas.

It's amazing how many handicapping experts on VSIN and elsewhere I've heard picking the Eagles + 8. They're doing the usual "don't overreact to what you saw last week, 8 points represent value, Saints have covered several in a row due for an ATS loss etc. That's all well and good but are these guys aware Philly is missing several DBs and Lane Johnson is out? Only way the Birds are gonna stay close is if they put up 35+.

That roughing the passer call on Campbell is why the NFL sucks.
I mean that call changes games and it was a clean hit.

That Alex Smith injury was brutal. Ugh.
NFC East is now open to a 8-8 winner.

That Alex Smith injury along with the Earl Thomas one are why Leveon Bell holding out isn’t stupid.
Get your money when you aren’t a position they will take care of.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom