NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

I mean we are not talking about people killed.
Trump is a moron but this offer is actually a nice compromise. If he commutes people who were overpunished and it stops the kneeling then the kneeling worked and we don’t get stupid culture wars for sports

The kneeling will have worked when cops don't kill black people for having a taillight out.

Gronk is getting traded.
Patriots insiders are saying it could be Gronk for Julio.
I don’t believe Belichick is doing that but who the hell knows but Gronk is being moved.

Gronk is getting traded.
I don’t believe Belichick is doing that but who the hell knows but Gronk is being moved.

At least they are getting something for him. When you first posted, I figured this was a Belichik mad at Tom thing, so let's get rid of all assets.

Gronk is getting moved to one of 3 teams.
Cleveland, Dallas, LA Chargers.

Last edited:
Gronk is getting traded.

Not happening. Brady threatened to retire if that happened. He’s pulling a Lebron.

Not happening. Brady threatened to retire if that happened. He’s pulling a Lebron.
Rumor was he was going to the 49ers for a first and third round pick and Kraft killed it.

SMH at “I’ll quit if you trade somebody”. What a goof.

Rumor was he was going to the 49ers for a first and third round pick and Kraft killed it.

STOP STOP STOP STOP...STOP!!!!

Nobody was giving up a 1 for gronky.

NOBODY:

Not even Vince McMahon.

Yeah your right he sucks.
He is 29 not 35.
He most certainly doesn’t (or better, didn’t) suck.

But he old and injury prone.

With nothing but $$$ to play for.

And to trade for a 1????!!!

Never, neve, never, NEVER...in a gazillion years.

And a 1 AND A 3???!

Attachments

• 1528512468889.gif
    1528512468889.gif
    1 MB · Views: 30
Last edited by a moderator:
Isn’t Jones boycotting the Falcons this offseason?
He never practices anyway. He literally only suited up on Sundays most of last year. I’m sure the issue can be resolved. I definitely wouldn’t trade him for Gronk if I was to trade. Gronk is awesome when healthy, but gets dinged up all the time and, while Julio does as well, at least Julio is a football player and not flirting with Hollywood.

He never practices anyway. He literally only suited up on Sundays most of last year. I’m sure the issue can be resolved. I definitely wouldn’t trade him for Gronk if I was to trade. Gronk is awesome when healthy, but gets dinged up all the time and, while Julio does as well, at least Julio is a football player and not flirting with Hollywood.
The Gronk gets hurt narrative really isn’t that bad.
He has gotten hurt 2 times since 2013.
Those seasons are what drive the narrative.
He plays 15 games a year outside of those 2 injury seasons 2013 and 2016.

He plays 15 because he sits out a meaningless week 17.

The reason he flirted with retirement is he is way underpaid. He only makes 8 million a year. He wants WR money but Belichick won’t give him that.
Gronk has Darrell Revis in him he wants his contract redone all the time and his only leverage this year was Hollywood fake threat.

He most certainly doesn’t (or better, didn’t) suck.

But he old and injury prone.

With nothing but $$$ to play for.

And to trade for a 1????!!!

Never, neve, never, NEVER...in a gazillion years.

And a 1 AND A 3???!

View attachment 130074
You way overrate first round picks.
If you are a good SB contending team you trade a first pick for Gronk.
He is ridliciously hard to defend and is the best TE in the league.
Would I trade a top 10 pick for Gronk? No.
Would I trade the 23rd pick for Gronk?
Hell yes if I think my team is a SB contender.

You way overrate first round picks.
If you are a good SB contending team you trade a first pick for Gronk.
He is ridliciously hard to defend and is the best TE in the league.
Would I trade a top 10 pick for Gronk? No.
Would I trade the 23rd pick for Gronk?
Hell yes if I think my team is a SB contender.

A first and a third for Gronk? No way. I think you underestimate how NFL teams value these picks. They're very valuable because they represent controllable contracts at decent $$$. A TE in the later stages of his career that has taken a pounding is not going to fetch that kind of haul.

A first and a third for Gronk? No way. I think you underestimate how NFL teams value these picks. They're very valuable because they represent controllable contracts at decent $$$. A TE in the later stages of his career that has taken a pounding is not going to fetch that kind of haul.
Gronk isn’t at the later stages.
He wants to get paid.
He is 29 he still 3-5 years.
He is the best TE in the league.
He can’t be defended by a LB and Ss have a hard time.
This guy is a HOF now if he quit. First round picks are cheap but you underestimate how many aren’t good or pan out. Gronk is the all-pro TE.

A first and third if you are a contender isn’t a lot. If you are Cleveland or Jets you don’t trade that.

Again the pounding argument with Gronk is overstated.
He has had major injuries which were a broken forearm in 2011. That healed fine it had nothing to do with pounding.
He tore his ACL when TJ Ward hit him low on a catch because you can’t wrap him up or hit high anymore.That wasn’t pounding it was a low hit that would have injured anyone.

The third injury was a back injury that he had surgery and came back to have an all-pro year. That injury wasn’t aggravated because Belichick pushed him to come back earlier and it caused surgery to be necessary.
The guy plays 14-15 games a year recently and dominates.
Teams trade first round picks for talent.

He wants to get paid.
This guy is a HOF now if he quit. First round picks are cheap but you underestimate how many aren’t good or pan out. Gronk is the all-pro TE.

A first and third if you are a contender isn’t a lot. If you are Cleveland or Jets you don’t trade that.

He has had major injuries which were a broken forearm in 2011. That healed fine it had nothing to do with pounding.
He tore his ACL when TJ Ward hit him low on a catch because you can’t wrap him up or hit high anymore.That wasn’t pounding it was a low hit that would have injured anyone.

The third injury was a back injury that he had surgery and came back to have an all-pro year. That injury wasn’t aggravated because Belichick pushed him to come back earlier and it caused surgery to be necessary.

Your first sentence is the key. He wants to get paid. Therein lies the rub. Trading controllable contracts at reasonable $$ for the right to pay a veteran a lot of dough rarely happens in the NFL. Follow the $$$.

He wants to get paid.

Please call a Boston radio show and tell them u think Gronk gets a 1 and 3 from a contender, just make sure u tape it so I can hear them laugh at you.

Gronky is worth a conditional 2nd at this point...and we all now it will be a 3rd at best and possibly a 4.

A 1st and a 3rd for a banged up, contemplating retirement, already won, TE.

Only on Syracusefan kids, only on Syracusefan...

Please call a Boston radio show and tell them u think Gronk gets a 1 and 3 from a contender, just make sure u tape it so I can hear them laugh at you.

Gronky is worth a conditional 2nd at this point...and we all now it will be a 3rd at best and possibly a 4.

A 1st and a 3rd for a banged up, contemplating retirement, already won, TE.

Only on Syracusefan kids, only on Syracusefan...
Jimmy Graham was traded from NO to Seattle for a 1 and 4.

Yeah Gronk is worth a 2 my god.
You overrate first round picks because the NFL draft is so overhyped. Teams now use it for season ticket holders and generate interest but the picks aren’t all good.
Players get traded for picks.
The Bills traded Jason Peters when he was 29 to the Eagles for a first and fourth round pick.

You totally overvalue picks. If you are getting a stud talent you trade a pick.
Revis got a first round pick off an ACL.

You overrate first round picks because the NFL draft is so overhyped. Teams now use it for season ticket holders and generate interest but the picks aren’t all good.
The Bills traded Jason Peters when he was 29 to the Eagles for a first and fourth round pick.

You claim the Niners were going to give up a 1st and 3rd for Gronk but NE passed. That would have been the ninth pick in the 1st and 3rd rounds. Not happening.

With the Jason Peters trade the Eagles gave up the 28th pick and the 121st pick. Big difference versus the 9th pick and the 74th pick.

All failed trades that were dumb then...and absolutely stupid today.

And graham was never hurt, didn’t publicly state he was contemplating retirement...and hadn’t won.

You over value gronk.

I’d rather have Evan Engram.

You claim the Niners were going to give up a 1st and 3rd for Gronk but NE passed. That would have been the ninth pick in the 1st and 3rd rounds. Not happening.

With the Jason Peters trade the Eagles gave up the 28th pick and the 121st pick. Big difference versus the 9th pick and the 74th pick.
The offer was 1 and 3 but Kraft killed it.
The 9ers weren’t giving up the 9th pick it would have been a. 2019 first round pick and most likely 2020 other pick.
The trade got killed.

All failed trades that were dumb then...and absolutely stupid today.

And graham was never hurt, didn’t publicly state he was contemplating retirement...and hadn’t won.

You over value gronk.

I’d rather have Evan Engram.
Lol Engram over Gronk.
There you go. Gronk can actually block. Engram is a glorified WR.
Just stop.
Tell Eli to try being a top 16 QB it would be nice to see him be even medicore next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom