NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 92 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Did Jim Nantz bet on the Steelers?
He has been brutal this whole game. Give Romo credit he called out the chit call.
Nantz is all over Pittsburgh right now.

So Foles puts up a 27 TD 2 INT season, gets put on ice, wins the super bowl for Philly(what???), gets put on ice again, and now is back and beating the Rams for them?

The onion breaths deserve him less than they deserved McNabb after wanting Ricky Williams. Bunch of big name tabloid follower fans.

Nick, ditch those chumps and come on over to NY and be our backup for a year for cheap, and then take over in 2020, while we use the savings to bring in the best OL money can buy. We got Barkley. And Beckham. And no onion and cheez wiz breath fans. Think about it Nick!

So Foles puts up a 27 TD 2 INT season, gets put on ice, wins the super bowl for Philly(what???), gets put on ice again, and now is back and beating the Rams for them?

The onion breaths deserve him less than they deserved McNabb after wanting Ricky Williams. Bunch of big name tabloid follower fans.

Nick, ditch those chumps and come on over to NY and be our backup for a year for cheap, and then take over in 2020, while we use the savings to bring in the best OL money can buy. We got Barkley. And Beckham. And no onion and cheez wiz breath fans. Think about it Nick!

Far be it from me to criticize Nick Foles but a few things need to be put in perspective. You glossed over 2014 and 2015 when he had a 20/20 ratio of TDs/Ints. He was quite ordinary in the Atlanta playoff game then played out of his mind for two games albeit two ginormous games. Without Carson Wentz the Eagles aren't playing two home playoff games, plain and simple, and the SB never happens. And in the first two games of this year Foles was so-so in those games too. I guess you're used to that wild inconsistency at QB so maybe Foles is your guy.

I think a big part of tonight is that the LARs just aren't that good. They've been physically manhandled at the line of scrimmage for the second game in a row. Donald is great but the rest of the front seven are average at best. And their OL is nothing special either. Suh is wildly overrated. Cupp is a big loss and now Gurley looks hobbled.

Barring Carolina beating NO the NFC playoff picture has become wide open.

Saints should be 1
Rams should be 2
Bears should be 3
Cowboys need to beat the Bucs and Giants to be 4.
Seattle controls the 5 seed
Vikings/Redskins/Eagles will battle for 6.
With Carolina the outside.

Vikings at Lions
Redskins at Titans
Texans at Eagles.
Bucs at Cowboys.

AFC is way more wide open.

1 will be Chiefs/Chargers
2 will be Texans/Patriots
3 will be Patriots/Texans
4 will be Steelers/Ravens
5 will be Chargers/Chiefs
6 is anybody’s guess
Ravens/Titans/Colts/Dolphins/Browns all with chances.

Chiefs at Seahawks
Texans at Eagles
Bills at Patriots
Steelers at Saints
Ravens at Chargers
Redskins at Titans
Giants at Colts
Jaguars at Dolphins
Bengals at Browns

Outside chance for the Texans to get HFA If Chiefs/Chargers lose and Texans win out.

Goff has gone in the tank the past two weeks. That has me incredibly excited.

Goff has gone in the tank the past two weeks. That has me incredibly excited.

He doesn't deal well with a pass rush, his security blanket in Cupp is gone and his OL is mediocre. And now Gurley is banged up.

Cowpokes look flat as a pancake today.

I'm grateful I couldn't watch.

Doesn't look like it's gonna be a fun end to the season with all three starters (and a few back ups) on the interior OL gimp'd up and Tyron Smith not 100% healthy.

Dakapotamus holds the ball longer than Patrick Ewing walking 5 steps to dunk circa 1996. And he's unfortunately just as slow making up his mind.

Scott Linehan is going nowhere (literally and figuratively) unless the Clapper gets canned. They go back to Nick Saban's whiz bang tenure at Miami so I assume they'll crash n burn together.

I'm grateful I couldn't watch.

Doesn't look like it's gonna be a fun end to the season with all three starters (and a few back ups) on the interior OL gimp'd up and Tyron Smith not 100% healthy.

Dakapotamus holds the ball longer than Patrick Ewing walking 5 steps to dunk circa 1996. And he's unfortunately just as slow making up his mind.

Scott Linehan is going nowhere (literally and figuratively) unless the Clapper gets canned. They go back to Nick Saban's whiz bang tenure at Miami so I assume they'll crash n burn together.

I always wondered why Saban struggled in the NFL.

I always wondered why Saban struggled in the NFL.

Scott Linehan was his OC and Garrett the QB coach.

Schwartz recycled Linehan as OC when he coached the Lions and the Clap threw him a lifeline after Schwartz was axed by Detroit.

I can't think of another NFL coordinator/ex-NFL HC who has a worse performance history and continues to get gigs. I chose the wrong profession.

bpo57 Your team is going to determine a lot this week as it turns to the playoff picture.
How is the Philly OL looking. To beat Houston you gotta just block their DL as their secondary sucks.
Watson will shred your secondary.
I am thinking Houston and the points are the better bet.

bpo57 Your team is going to determine a lot this week as it turns to the playoff picture.
How is the Philly OL looking. To beat Houston you gotta just block their DL as their secondary sucks.
Watson will shred your secondary.
I am thinking Houston and the points are the better bet.

Last year the Philly OL was the best in the NFL. This year they have been average despite essentially no changes in personnel tho a few of them are nicked up pretty good. But last night they dominated the LAR DL front. Watching Lane Johnson battle JJ Watt will be worth the price of admission.

I would expect a close game. HOU favored by 3.5 sounds about right.

One key factor for HOU is that both Lamar Miller and Deandre Hopkins may not play due to injuries suffered in the NYJ game. That would be a big deal. The opening line was HOU -3.5. Now it's a pickem.

One key factor for HOU is that both Lamar Miller and Deandre Hopkins may not play due to injuries suffered in the NYJ game. That would be a big deal.
No Hopkins that line should move close to pick ‘em.
Blue isn’t a far drop off from Miller.
Hopkins is a top 5 WR in the NFL.
He won the Texans the Jets game and his ankle got beat up at the end but he will play.
Eagles OL will determine this game. If they don’t get destroyed by Texans DL they will move the ball and score.

No Hopkins that line should move close to pick ‘em.
Blue isn’t a far drop off from Miller.
Hopkins is a top 5 WR in the NFL.
He won the Texans the Jets game and his ankle got beat up at the end but he will play.
Eagles OL will determine this game. If they don’t get destroyed by Texans DL they will move the ball and score.

Houston's two best DL guys usually rush from the edge. And that's where Philly's two best OL are situated. I've never seen anybody destroy Lane Johnson so that battle is likely to be a stalemate. Should be a tight game.

Big fantasy night for me. I need 24 points from Brees and TE Ian Thomas in my ESPN league to advance to the finals and 15 points from Michael Thomas to advance in our yahoo league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom