NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 123 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Dallas was never going to have to play a Sunday night game then get home at the crack of dawn on Monday and then play Thanksgiving Day.
Also explains why when they flexed an afternoon game to evening .. they didn’t move a 1 o’clock game to 4.. they basically forced everyone to watch it ..

Also explains why when they flexed an afternoon game to evening .. they didn’t move a 1 o’clock game to 4.. they basically forced everyone to watch it ..
Chicago played on Sunday Night last year and then played 12:30 game on the road on Thanksgiving in Detroit.

The NFL doesn’t care about the Sunday night to thanksgiving turnaround.
It’s just Fox was never giving up the Cowboys-Patriots game.
Packers vs. 49ers was just a better game on paper than Eagles-Seahawks.

Chicago played on Sunday Night last year and then played 12:30 game on the road on Thanksgiving in Detroit.

We went through this before. Chicago played a home game on SNF. Massive difference. Not to mention a simple flight of < one hour to Detroit.

Screenshot_20191125-214146.png

my point is, originally there were three late afternoon games on the slate...they flexed one of them to the night game leaving only two late afternoon games and 9 early games...which is really stupid. they could have taken any random 1 pm game and moved it to 4 ...but they essentially wanted the viewer to have no choice but to watch dallas new england since nobody is watching the titans / jags game unless their kid is in the game or they have big money on it

Rams D doesn't look so great when it's not facing Mason Rudolph, MVP Mitch, Faker Bayfield, Bengals, ...this great D gave up over 50 to Tampa as I recall and blamed most of it on Peters..who has been playing at a pro bowl level since he got traded.

That Goff contract whew...

I still can't believe they did that. At the time, everyone thought McVay could turn anything into lemonade and they went ahead and locked in Gurley and Goff as the highest paid RB and QB in the league. It never made sense and then they doubled down with trading all their draft picks; going all in for the next two years while not having an O-Line.

That Goff contract whew...
Their have been many people who spun that Goff contract as a bargain.

The Patriots have broken the Falcons and the Rams from their last 2 Super Bowls.
The Wentz contract doesn't look that good either. I think the Eagles have been down some weapons but they should score more than 19 points combined against the Patriots and Seahawks at home.

The NFL has a major OL problem. The athletes on the DL have improved greatly the last decade while quality OL play has gone down hill bigtime.
The NFL needs OTs badly. I can't think of a position of greater need from college than the OT. A lot of busts in the first round on the OL.

Their have been many people who spun that Goff contract as a bargain.

The Patriots have broken the Falcons and the Rams from their last 2 Super Bowls.
The Wentz contract doesn't look that good either. I think the Eagles have been down some weapons but they should score more than 19 points combined against the Patriots and Seahawks at home.

The NFL has a major OL problem. The athletes on the DL have improved greatly the last decade while quality OL play has gone down hill bigtime.
The NFL needs OTs badly. I can't think of a position of greater need from college than the OT. A lot of busts in the first round on the OL.

Two different situations. I don't think Goff was ever that good. I'd take last years QB class over him long term.

I think what we saw with the Falcons and now with the 49ers is Shanahan was the brains behind their offense and Dan Quinn is just an average HC.

Agree on the oline play. It's bad everywhere. It's also the position that teams are willing to skip spending money.

holy Lamar Jackson. Watching that last night had me having flashbacks to his superman impersonation in the dome a few years back. Just like Vick with people saying he couldn't be an NFL qb I just laughed when the same was said here. Don Mcpherson was 30 years too early.
Jackson’s passing ability/touch/accuracy is miles better than Vick’s.

The Ravens though are tremendous front running team like the Eagles 2 years ago.
If you want to have any chance against them you have to win the first quarter so they have to be pass first and not run first.
If you get behind them you are screwed unless they make a mistake you can’t expect.

Jackson might not be able to scramble like this for a decade but he is going to special the next 5-6 years.

The NFL and the players union have caused the OL issues with all their rules about contact in practice. The OL are not coming into the league with the skills and are unable to learn them once they arrive. It makes for awful football.

In regards to Wentz .. I like the kid but he is no better than Goff at this point. He just hasn't been the same since the injuries.

QB play has not been great either this year. Even some of the greats have struggled. We can argue the reasons, but this has been overall a pretty good year for defenses.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuse13159

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom