NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 144 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

So he did say defer after saying we want to go on defense.
Should Walt have done the right thing?

interesting penalty on the falcons on the onside kick

penalty for over loading but they really didnt because they only had 10 guys.. thats really not a penalty if you only have 10 guys and its a bit confusing

so if you had 4 and 4 is that a penalty?

Last edited:
Should Walt have done the right thing?

Yes, without question. This is like unsportsmanlike conduct from a referee. All he had to do was say, "Dak, are you sure this is what you meant..." and obviously he would say no since no team in league history would ever purposely choose this.

It's like if someone at a blackjack table implied that they wanted to hit when they have 20, the dealer would say, "that's not what you meant, right?"

really hate the nfl low hit rule on QBs thats several today that were just good plays and got called a penalty

Been mentioning it throughout the year but seems like a certainty now: Jameis Winston will return as the Bucs starter next season. After today they're the #2 or #3 offense in the league with Jameis at the helm and Jameis is top 2 in passing yards and TDs.

There's no logical reason not to bring him back at minimum on the franchise tag if not a long-term extension. He's proven time and time again that he can quarterback a good to great offense; the issue remains the defense.

Been mentioning it throughout the year but seems like a certainty now: Jameis Winston will return as the Bucs starter next season. After today they're the #2 or #3 offense in the league with Jameis at the helm and Jameis is top 2 in passing yards and TDs.

There's no logical reason not to bring him back at minimum on the franchise tag if not a long-term extension. He's proven time and time again that he can quarterback a good to great offense; the issue remains the defense.
If Cam Newton is cut some reports are the Bucs would be the top team for him.
Since he would be cheap and knows the division.

I don't care who wins but I can't say I'm impressed with the Rams sense of urgency. Geez you're down 24 and still huddling up?

He certainly is one of the most interesting players in the NFL.

Anyone else having trouble today going to ESPN website on mobile device ?

If Cam Newton is cut some reports are the Bucs would be the top team for him.
Since he would be cheap and knows the division.

I think Tampa would probably rather have Jameis and think Cam will have better options for him anyways.

Yes, without question. This is like unsportsmanlike conduct from a referee. All he had to do was say, "Dak, are you sure this is what you meant..." and obviously he would say no since no team in league history would ever purposely choose this.

It's like if someone at a blackjack table implied that they wanted to hit when they have 20, the dealer would say, "that's not what you meant, right?"

why the hell is it on the ref if the player doesn’t know the rule ? This is a non issue 99.9999 percent of the time .. winning the coin flip just means you get to choose kick or receive in the first or the second half

Prescott decided he wanted to chose to kick in the first half .. ram decided to receive second half

ref isn’t at fault

why the hell is it on the ref if the player doesn’t know the rule ? This is a non issue 99.9999 percent of the time .. winning the coin flip just means you get to choose kick or receive in the first or the second half

Prescott decided he wanted to chose to kick in the first half .. ram decided to receive second half

ref isn’t at fault

I just don’t think an extremely important NFL game should potentially be decided by an accidental choice of wording, when it could be easily cleared up in like 5 seconds by just asking for clarification.

Well Falcons hosed on that call, thats a catch

wow if they take away the 2nd one too that really bad

Wow crazy ending in SF.
That was insane. Atlanta playing hard for their coach.
That helps NO as they have the tiebreaker with Seattle and not SF.

OMG that ending killed under bets. That one isn't as bad as the PHI-WSH game but wow what a way to lose a bet.

I think Tampa would probably rather have Jameis and think Cam will have better options for him anyways.

Never been a bog Jameis fan but he's had a pretty good year. And Cam is shot.

So, just as an aside...here's my perspective, as a Patriots fan on Spygate 2.

This one is different for me. This is the first time that I literally cannot find an explanation that is not either a) brazen skirting of the rules/cheating or b) complete and utter stupidity to the point of negligence. And I don't want to litigate the past indiscretions here.

I love this team, and will always be a fan no matter what. They've given me a lifetime of joy. But I cannot and will not defend this. They were literally sitting in front of the coaches for the then 1-12 Bengals and wearing Patriots gear filming the sideline for an extended period. There is no way this is not shady. But its just so goddamn stupid that I am almost inclined to think the guy was just an absolute moron. But either way, the team is 100% responsible and I'm not going to argue if and when they are penalized.

When you are under the microscope you need to be beyond reproach. This franchise just seems incapable of understanding it.

Trying to figure out why offenses have regressed so much since the midway point last year.
NFL really needs OL prospects develop in college. Offenses can't practice enough so OL play is bad.
The influx of defensive linemen into this league has been off the hooks. The speed and pass rushing has gotten a lot deeper across the league.

First time Duck showed true lack of composure. Props to Bills defense. Disappointing nonetheless.

Cowboys/eagles for the NFC east next week your guess is as good as mine. No idea what team shows up next week.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom