NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 147 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Jalen Ramsey making the Pro Bowl is a complete joke. Guy tapped out on JAX and missed four games. Gets rewarded with a Pro Bowl invite.

Jalen Ramsey making the Pro Bowl is a complete joke. Guy tapped out on JAX and missed four games. Gets rewarded with a Pro Bowl invite.
To be fair TC ran him out of Jax

the probowl is a joke so why wouldn’t the reps be

Simple question why didn't they show the scoreboard for down and distance. Like they did in the Spygate tape. You need to see the cameras go back and forth for the taping to even help decrypt anything. Second, teams use electronics to signal in plays.
Spygate was about taping defensive coaches who had to signal in calls. Now the defense has a green dot player who can speak with the coach.

The Fox tape was a cut of the incident as well. It didn't include the start of the conservation. It was a partial edit of the conservation. You can scream bloody murder all you want.

Also yes stuff happens in that franchise without BB knowing. They have done a series of these inside videos on the organization. Belichick has nothing to do with them. They are Jonathon Kraft's idea because he and his dad feel the need to have more credit.

The series has nothing to do with football operations. Belichick is football operations.

The conspiracy theories make the NFL talk on this board virtually unreadable, but sorry. If you don't think this stinks to high heaven, you're probably expecting a fat man in a red suit to come down your chimney in 6 days.

Alright bpo57

Who's gonna win the best division in football this week?

Any Iggs getting healthy this week?

Alright bpo57

Every week Dougie P says so-and-so injured player is "trending in the right direction" and then the guy is inactive. Jordan Howard has been trending in the right direction for over a month. The three most important guys are 1) Lane Johnson, 2) Derek Barnett and 3) Jordan Howard. I'm guessing the first two play (how effective, who knows?) and that Howard won't play. Even though Sanders has been doing very well they still need Howard cuz he's a short yardage banger.

I think Dallas -3 is probably the right line though that implies Dallas -6 on a neutral which seems a little rich to me. No doubt the Boys' will be walking into a very hostile environment but that can some times work both ways. Birds down 14 at halftime and the locals will boo them off the field for sure.

Every week Dougie P says so-and-so injured player is "trending in the right direction" and then the guy is inactive. Jordan Howard has been trending in the right direction for over a month. The three most important guys are 1) Lane Johnson, 2) Derek Barnett and 3) Jordan Howard. I'm guessing the first two play (how effective, who knows?) and that Howard won't play. Even though Sanders has been doing very well they still need Howard cuz he's a short yardage banger.

I think Dallas -3 is probably the right line though that implies Dallas -6 on a neutral which seems a little rich to me. No doubt the Boys' will be walking into a very hostile environment but that can some times work both ways. Birds down 14 at halftime and the locals will boo them off the field for sure.

I give Wentz props for starting his first de facto playoff game.

I hope this one is a barn burner with minimal impact from officiating.

Sanders has been scary and I'm guessing he will do damage if the Cowboys' DL isn't disciplined (they've consistently over pursued all year).
I'll be stuck rooting (praying) for a Jint victory in week 17 if Dallas loses at the Linc. :vomit::confused:

I give Wentz props for starting his first de facto playoff game.

I hope this one is a barn burner with minimal impact from officiating.

Sanders has been scary and I'm guessing he will do damage if the Cowboys' DL isn't disciplined (they've consistently over pursued all year).
I'll be stuck rooting (praying) for a Jint victory in week 17 if Dallas loses at the Linc. :vomit::confused:

Ditto on the refs. I've seen a few Philly writers voice concern that the league will want to see Dallas in the playoffs. I don't buy that cuz the offending ref may not make it out of there alive.

I'm sure u were impressed with that laser from Wentz to Sanders last Sunday. All I could think of at that time was Kaiser telling me that Wentz sucked. Maybe three people on the planet that could have made that throw.

Philly has won 13 out of the last 17 in the Swamp versus the GMen. I hope it comes to that.

Alright bpo57

Here's a fairly balanced take from a Philly writer:

Here's a fairly balanced take from a Philly writer:

That was a solid write up.

The only thing I'd add/argue is that Su'a-Filo and Frederick are coming off their best game last week.

LG is definitely the weak spot on the OL but I was surprised how well the inside guys did last week shutting down Aaron Donald.

Who knows if they can repeat that performance (ditto for Sean Lee, Witten and the Ginger Clapper).

That was a solid write up.

The only thing I'd add/argue is that Su'a-Filo and Frederick are coming off their best game last week.

LG is definitely the weak spot on the OL but I was surprised how well the inside guys did last week shutting down Aaron Donald.

Who knows if they can repeat that performance (ditto for Sean Lee, Witten and the Ginger Clapper).

Tony Corrente's crew will be doing the game. Philly media is already complaining about it as Birds have been on the wrong end of some poorly officiated games by his crew. Philly is 1-6 lifetime with that crew while Dallas is 5-1. Ah conspiracy theories...

Tony Corrente's crew will be doing the game. Philly media is already complaining about it as Birds have been on the wrong end of some poorly officiated games by his crew. Philly is 1-6 lifetime with that crew while Dallas is 5-1. Ah conspiracy theories...

Good stuff. Over/under on one sided blown calls just went up to 1.5

just goes to show you how these types of things work. if they like you, you get votes, if they don't ..no matter how great you were..you get hozed
And if they know one will act like this, they get zero votes.

I have no problem with TO being left off.

None whatsoever

The AFC East has now had a representative wild card team in the playoffs in three of the last four seasons. In that span, the Patriots have been to all three Super Bowls.

tHE AfC eAsT sUcKs ThOuGh.

And they haven’t actually won any of those wildcard games. The Jets are perennially one of the worst teams in football, and now the Dolphins are as well.

Is it just me, or are there really precious few must-see or important games this week? Especially for the second last week of the season. Pokes-Iggs, obviously. Ravens-Browns, but only because of the top seed in the AFC is on the line(but not a bye, really - possibly but not realistically). Couple teams playing for seeding, but that's about it.

Just seems strange, based on recent years when berths seemed to come down to the wire on the last weekend.

And they haven’t actually won any of those wildcard games. The Jets are perennially one of the worst teams in football, and now the Dolphins are as well.
If the Patriots were in the AFC North or another division they would still win the division every single year.
That would open up home playoff games for the East teams.
The AFC East teams have good records against other divisions their problem is the Patriots win 12 games a season on average. They have only won below 12 games 4 times since 2003.
2006 they won 10 games
2008 they won 11 games and Miami won the division on a tiebreaker
2009 they won 10 games.
2018 they won 11 games.

Good luck winning the division when you got that monster in your division every year. Buffalo is 10-5 they would can’t win the division this year. They would be the Jets next week if they tried. They will likely sit their starters and use it as a bye week for the playoffs the following week.

If the Patriots were in the AFC North or another division they would still win the division every single year.
That would open up home playoff games for the East teams.
The AFC East teams have good records against other divisions their problem is the Patriots win 12 games a season on average. They have only won below 12 games 4 times since 2003.
2006 they won 10 games
2008 they won 11 games and Miami won the division on a tiebreaker
2009 they won 10 games.
2018 they won 11 games.

Good luck winning the division when you got that monster in your division every year. Buffalo is 10-5 they would can’t win the division this year. They would be the Jets next week if they tried. They will likely sit their starters and use it as a bye week for the playoffs the following week.

We’re talking 20 or more years where those 3 franchises haven’t done squat. Cmon.

Everything is pretty much locked up, but the one seed in the NFC is still up for grabs. Huge Vikings fan today. Derrick Henry is out so I think the Saints roll.

Is it just me, or are there really precious few must-see or important games this week? Especially for the second last week of the season. Pokes-Iggs, obviously. Ravens-Browns, but only because of the top seed in the AFC is on the line(but not a bye, really - possibly but not realistically). Couple teams playing for seeding, but that's about it.

Just seems strange, based on recent years when berths seemed to come down to the wire on the last weekend.

The Saints-Titans game is big for both teams, especially the Titans who are fighting for a wildcard. Steelers-Jets is huge for the Steelers. Chiefs are playing for a bye still and let’s not forget tomorrow night’s Packers-Vikings game. They’ll be tied for first if the Vikings win. Oh, and the Seahawks as well. Win or lose, next week against the Niners could be the difference between home field and playing a wild card game in Dallas or Philly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom