NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 148 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

We’re talking 20 or more years where those 3 franchises haven’t done squat. Cmon.
The Jets beat the Patriots in 2010 playoffs.
The Jets made back to back AFC title games 2009 and 2010.
They never got a home playoff game because of the Patriots.
They could went to a SB with HFA.

Dolphins have been up and down.

Bills finally got their chit together with McDermott.

What have the Redskins and Cowboys done?

Patriots have hurt the Dolphins, Jets, Bills development. The Fins and Jets have had more success against the Patriots than most because they tailor their teams to play them.

San Fran at Seattle is a lock for the SNF game next week.
It’s the only game where it will matter for both teams.

The Saints-Titans game is big for both teams, especially the Titans who are fighting for a wildcard. Steelers-Jets is huge for the Steelers. Chiefs are playing for a bye still and let’s not forget tomorrow night’s Packers-Vikings game. They’ll be tied for first if the Vikings win. Oh, and the Seahawks as well. Win or lose, next week against the Niners could be the difference between home field and playing a wild card game in Dallas or Philly.
Yeah, I didn't include the Tenn game because as I look at it, I don't see them doing any better than 1-1, which would require Pittsburgh going 0-2 in order to cede their playoff spot to Tenn.

I get there are still possibilities in many games. It just seems to me there aren't many do or die games in the second-last week of the season as there have been in the past.

Or maybe my memory is playing tricks on me.
1577027951594.gif

yeah i am tired of people acting like and then getting upset when it burns them

I agree and yet there are numerous examples in our sports culture where complete ay-holes are lavished with attention and praise despite being jerks on and off the field.

The Saints-Titans game is big for both teams, especially the Titans who are fighting for a wildcard. Steelers-Jets is huge for the Steelers. Chiefs are playing for a bye still and let’s not forget tomorrow night’s Packers-Vikings game. They’ll be tied for first if the Vikings win. Oh, and the Seahawks as well. Win or lose, next week against the Niners could be the difference between home field and playing a wild card game in Dallas or Philly.

You would think so, but if you believe this tweet from Rap, the game basically means nothing to Tennesee. Could explain why Henry is not playing today.

You would think so, but if you believe this tweet from Rap, the game basically means nothing to Tennesee. Could explain why Henry is not playing today.

Thanks for that tidbit. I did not know that.

there is no SNF in Week 17
They have a SNF game. It’s always TBA as the league puts a de facto playoff game in that spot.
Only once in the last 15 years hasn’t there been a SNF game which was 2 years ago because their were no games for the slot.

Saints went from -3 on my book to -4.5 so Henry being inactive looks minor but I bet the Titans will treat this like a preseason game if the Saints get ahead.

Tennessee losing is good for Oakland and Cleveland. It will keep them alive and then Pittsburgh-NY Jets becomes a game for them to watch. I thought Pittsburgh was a good value but they might not be now.

some interesting games to watch today . dolphins/bengals and giants / skins. why ? cuz the losers could actually be the winners. top draft pick is in play and will likely be decided by which team plays the worst. so what's the long term strategy for these franchises ? will any of these teams swallow pride and simply roll over ? and suppose both sides play to lose ? how fun would that be to watch ? link below :

Draft picks on the line for more than just the Miami Dolphins this weekend

Everything is pretty much locked up, but the one seed in the NFC is still up for grabs. Huge Vikings fan today. Derrick Henry is out so I think the Saints roll.

The Saints are like just about every other playoff contender. Maddeningly inconsistent. More than most I think they need that home field advantage cuz their defense won't travel well.

They have a SNF game. It’s always TBA as the league puts a de facto playoff game in that spot.
Only once in the last 15 years hasn’t there been a SNF game which was 2 years ago because their were no games for the slot.

My bad. It was flexed to SNF

Imagine the outrage if this was a Patriots assistant coach with an illegal bluetooth on the sideline.
EMaaftUXkAA-nzC

Harbaugh is scum too. That doesn't excuse the Pats for their litany of transgressions, though

Mike Vrabel is a total meathead.

This may very well be the worst challenge of the year.

NO runs a perfectly designed and executed fake punt, but the receiver drops Hill's pass. On the next play from scrimmage, the TEN receiver catches a 15-20 yard pass to get into NO territory, gets clocked in the head, and fumbles. No penalty, Saints recovery.

At the end of the TEN/NO game. the FOX crew said that TEN is in with a win and a PIT loss next week.

Two minutes later, James Brown on CBS said that TEN controls its own destiny in Week 17.

Which is it?

At the end of the TEN/NO game. the FOX crew said that TEN is in with a win and a PIT loss next week.

Two minutes later, James Brown on CBS said that TEN controls its own destiny in Week 17.

Which is it?
Tennessee has to win and they are in.
If Tennessee loses then Pittsburgh wins and they are in.
If both teams lose then Oakland if they win today and next week would be in.
If all 3 of them lost then Indy would be in with a win.
If Indy, Pitt, Oakland all lose then Tennessee would be in with a loss.

Tennessee has to win and they are in.
If Tennessee loses then Pittsburgh wins and they are in.
If both teams lose then Oakland if they win today and next week would be in.
If all 3 of them lost then Indy would be in with a win.
If Indy, Pitt, Oakland all lose then Tennessee would be in with a loss.

So, CBS was right and FOX was wrong. Shocker that FOX is spewing unfounded BS...

Thanks for clarification.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom