NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 151 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

This is more of an opinion, but I think the Saints will be ok with letting Bridgewater walk and giving Hill a chance to be the future QB.

NFLN did it’s top 10 list of NFL rivalries and while I didn’t agree the Giants-Eagles was #1.

I think Bears-Packers is number 1 but I think historically while all the East teams hate each other Eagles-Giants and Cowboys-Redskins are each other’s top rival.

Interesting because 99.9% of Eagles fans consider Dallas their biggest rival. Not even close.

I'm sure you're not alone. That's probably because the NYG have struggled much more over the years against Philly than Dallas.
Really, it's not that at all.

Super-obnoxious Igg-fan realatives. That's all it takes for me. ;)

Really, it's not that at all.

Super-obnoxious Igg-fan realatives. That's all it takes for me. ;)

Understand. I worked in NYC for 30 years. I cared much more that the Eagles beat the G-Men than Dallas. Coming to work after those two SB wins by NY was painful.

Bad list IMO
1. Eagles-Giants
2. Steelers-Raiders
3. Patriots-Jets
4.Browns- Bengals
5. Cowboys-Steelers
6. Steelers-Ravens
7.Bears-Packers
8. Brady Patriots vs. Manning Colts/Broncos
9. Eagles-Cowboys
10. Cowboys-49ers

This is just me, and I know others will disagree, but I would much rather help Dallas than help Philadelphia.

I appreciate the sentiment as a Cowboys fan.

But just this once...

Please don’t. ;)

Bad list IMO
1. Eagles-Giants
2. Steelers-Raiders
3. Patriots-Jets
4.Browns- Bengals
5. Cowboys-Steelers
6. Steelers-Ravens
7.Bears-Packers
9. Eagles-Cowboys
10. Cowboys-49ers

Yeah, Pats/Jets shouldn’t be in the top 10.

I would put Steelers/Browns ahead of Steelers/Raiders.

And despite the SB appearances against each other I don’t think the Steelers/Dallas rivalry should be top 10.

Bills/Dolphins was a good rivalry back in the day.

Yeah, Pats/Jets shouldn’t be in the top 10.

I would put Steelers/Browns ahead of Steelers/Raiders.

And despite the SB appearances against each other I don’t think the Steelers/Dallas rivalry should be top 10.

Bills/Dolphins was a good rivalry back in the day.
I don’t think Jets-Pats is a top 5 rivalry but I put in the bottom of the top 10.

Teams have a long history. Boston-New York, 1985 playoff game, Parcells jumping from NE to NYJ. Belichick jumping from NYJ to NE, 2010 playoff game, Butt fumble game.

The games are typically close. It’s not a top 3 rivalry. I agree Steelers-Browns belong. Dallas-Pittsburgh was dumb they only play every 4 years. It’s like putting the Giants-Patriots they aren’t rivals.

Saints-Falcons belongs as well. Those teams are best rivalry in the South.

I don’t think Jets-Pats is a top 5 rivalry but I put in the bottom of the top 10.

Teams have a long history. Boston-New York, 1985 playoff game, Parcells jumping from NE to NYJ. Belichick jumping from NYJ to NE, 2010 playoff game, Butt fumble game.

The games are typically close. It’s not a top 3 rivalry. I agree Steelers-Browns belong. Dallas-Pittsburgh was dumb they only play every 4 years. It’s like putting the Giants-Patriots they aren’t rivals.

I was trying to think of a good NFC South rivalry and was leaning toward Carolina/NO.

IMO, TB had better rivalries as part of the old NFC Central.

Bad list IMO
1. Eagles-Giants
2. Steelers-Raiders
3. Patriots-Jets
4.Browns- Bengals
5. Cowboys-Steelers
6. Steelers-Ravens
7.Bears-Packers
9. Eagles-Cowboys
10. Cowboys-49ers
So many things wrong with this list.
  • Cowboys-Steelers? Really?
  • Patriots-Jets? Really?
  • Giants-Eagles should be on the list, but at No 1? Nah.
  • IMO, KC-Oakland should be on the list.
  • Dallas-Washington should be on this list somewhere.
Lot of head-scratchers there, either by inclusion, omission, or placement.

I was trying to think of a good NFC South rivalry and was leaning toward Carolina/NO.

IMO, TB had better rivalries as part of the old NFC Central.

NO/ATL is the NFC south rivalry. No NO fan cares about Carolina.

1. Bears-Packers
2. Steelers-Browns
3. Cowboys-Redskins
4. Raiders-Chiefs
5. Vikings-Packers
6. Broncos-Raiders
7. Giants-Eagles
8. Eagles-Cowboys
9. Jets-Patriots
10. Saints-Falcons

Pats/Jets is way too one sided to be a top 10 rivalry.

All of the off field coaching stuff doesn’t matter.

The results on the field, aside from one playoff game, prove it’s no rivalry.

Pats/Jets is way too one sided to be a top 10 rivalry.

All of the off field coaching stuff doesn’t matter.

The results on the field, aside from one playoff game, prove it’s no rivalry.
It’s not that one sided Patriots lead the series 67-54-1. That is because of them winning the 16 of the last 18 games.

The bad blood off the field helps makes a rivalry. I get Dallas fans don’t think it’s a rivalry. Jets-Patriots have real hatred. Steelers have a bigger advantage in their series with the Browns that is still a rivalry.

NO/ATL is the NFC south rivalry. No NO fan cares about Carolina.

Didn’t realize how many times Saints have played the Falcons.

Interesting that Atlanta is only 4 games up in the lifetime series and next week’s game against Carolina will break the lifetime tie of that series (assuming no tie).

Forgot that NO & ATL used to be in the West together.

I am coward I am hedging my parlay for 250 to guarantee myself atleast an double my profits on what I will have spent on all games this weekend.
Packers win I get a huge win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom