NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 152 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

HUGE Vikings fan tonight.

If I could choose one NFC team to play in the playoffs on the road (not looking past NYG btw) it would be Green Bay. I think they're completely fugazy.

Last edited:
If I could choose any team to play in the playoffs on the road (not looking past NYG btw) it would be Green Bay. I think they're completely fugazy.

Yeah I kind of think Rodgers is washed. The big play ability isn’t there as he’s lost some athleticism and he was never a rhythm passer like Brady/Manning/Brees.

Yeah I kind of think Rodgers is washed. The big play ability isn’t there as he’s lost some athleticism and he was never a rhythm passer like Brady/Manning/Brees.
I expect honestly for the Packers to get destroyed that is why I am hedging .
No reverse jinx I only put them on that slip because of the odds.

Packers got destroyed by the 49ers and Chargers on the road.
Both have elite DLs. Vikings have a good DL. My only hope is Kirk Cousins is 0-8 on MNF.
It’s crazy that 13-3 could put an NFC team as the 3 seed if all of 3 loss teams win out.

I expect honestly for the Packers to get destroyed that is why I am hedging .
No reverse jinx I only put them on that slip because of the odds.

Packers got destroyed by the 49ers and Chargers on the road.
Both have elite DLs. Vikings have a good DL. My only hope is Kirk Cousins is 0-8 on MNF.
It’s crazy that 13-3 could put an NFC team as the 3 seed if all of 3 loss teams win out.

Cousins has been great since September, but it’s still hard to trust him.

Since the Giants aren’t going to get Chase Young now that they beat Washington beating Philadelphia doesn’t really knock the Giants below 4 in the draft.
I can see the Giants beating Philly this week. The Giants offense is solid.
If they put points up Philly will be hard pressed to match.
The Eagles secondary is weak.
Giants are a frisky team this week.
Don’t know if you guys will want to Help Dallas but I am sure Philly hate is just as high.
Hate runs deep equally.

Beat the hated team in front of you.

LT’s #1 sack victim...Jaws.

Strahan’s #1 sack victim...Soupy McPuke

Hate runs deep equally.

Beat the hated team in front of you.

LT’s #1 sack victim...Jaws.

Strahan’s #1 sack victim...Soupy McPuke

I'm sure Phil Simms has Reggie White flashbacks every now and then.

The fact it’s Minnesota-5 means Vegas feels Minnesota is the better team.

No Dalvin Cook but Thelein is expected to play. Minnesota D is really good. I think Packers are kinda phony.

Okay so I don’t think Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers made the All 100 team.
Collinsworth just said some of the modern guys who didn’t the team will shock us.
That would imply Brees to me.

I'm guessing the voters devalued their passing stats in this pass happy rules friendly era and them being one ring charlies hurts them too.

Amazing that Marvin Harrison probably murder a guy (maybe several) and makes this list. A little good pr goes a long way.

I knew about the one involving the antique pistol, but I wasn't aware of Stringer Harrison being suspected in other hits.

I'm guessing the voters devalued their passing stats in this pass happy rules friendly era and them being one ring charlies hurts them too.
Marino is going to make IMO.
I also think he would have put up insane numbers if his 1984 season was under modern rules.

Anyone think I can get Dan Bailey to outscore Kirk Cousins in fantasy tonight?

Yeah, me neither. :(

I knew about the one involving the antique pistol, but I wasn't aware of Stringer Harrison being suspected in other hits.

Honestly I just like to assume that “quiet” Marvin Harrison is responsible for every unsolved murder in Philadelphia.

But for real he killed that one dude.

If I could choose one NFC team to play in the playoffs on the road (not looking past NYG btw) it would be Green Bay. I think they're completely fugazy.
You might be right. An 11-3 team with only a +47 point differential? Seems suspect to me.

The Seahawks are 11-4 and only plus 12.

Heard a stat that the Seahawks had spent more game time being behind than ahead. That's pretty astounding for an 11-3 team (this stat was before the Cardinals game in Week 16, which the Hawks spent most of the time behind).

Serious question: Is this only for Week 17? He can't play in the playoffs for the same reason Gronk couldn't, right?

I don't think that Lynch, if signed, would be eligible for Week 17 only. The Rams signed C.J. Anderson around this same time last season, and he was eligible throughout the post-season.

Serious question: Is this only for Week 17? He can't play in the playoffs for the same reason Gronk couldn't, right?
He is a street FA. He can play the rest of the season.
Gronk can’t play because he retired and has 1 year left on his contract. It can’t accrue because after week 12 it’s not possible to play 6 games.
Lynch is a FA he can play.

I don't think that Lynch, if signed, would be eligible for Week 17 only. The Rams signed C.J. Anderson around this same time last season, and he was eligible throughout the post-season.

But then why is Gronk no longer eligible due to his status as a retired player? The only things I can think of are:

1. Maybe CJ/Lynch weren't/aren't technically retired
2. Maybe due to CJ/Lynch being free agents while Gronk was under contract with the Patriots when he retired?

Edit: Thanks Alsacs!

Zach Ertz has a broken rib. Ronald Darby a hip flexor. Darby def out this week. Not sure on Ertz. Jalen Mills also could be out with an ankle issue.

Interesting because 99.9% of Eagles fans consider Dallas their biggest rival. Not even close.
I do NOT believe that.

Not do I care.

But if it’s teue, it’s conical.

Old poke fans likely put skins 1st and Giants 2.

New poke fans likely put Giants 1 and iggs 2.

It’s like the orioles claiming a rivalry with either the sux or Yankees.

Sure it’s there, but it don’t drive the rivalry bus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom