NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 162 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Lawrence was good in that game. He was Clemson’s best player.
Because of his runs. He wasn't crazy accurate. Look, he could be the next generational qb, I'm just waiting to see first, I've seen a lot of people called that and fail. But of course you take him as high as you can.

Jameis was a turnover machine at FSU. He had more picks in his final year than Lawrence has in 2 by an extra 50%.

We agree there, but Lawrence has had it easy.

Very few of the top NFL QB's come from the best college teams. I'll own it if I'm wrong. I am sure he will get taken first overall by someone like the Chargers.

Josh Rosen went 10th
Mason Rudolph and Will Grier went 3rd Round
Deshone Kizer 2nd round
Paxton Lynch in the 20s
Cardale Jones in the 4th round.
Carson Wentz went 2nd before Christian Hackenberg.

Good QBs are rarely found after the top 5.
I can list busts since 2010 in top 5 QBs. It’s 50/50.

2010 Sam Bradford first-bust
2011 Cam Newton first- hit
2012 Andrew Luck first- hit
Robert Griffin second- bust
2013 none
2014 Blake Bortles third- bust
2015 Jameis Winston first- what do you call him? I say bust
Marcus Mariota second- bust
2016 Jared Goff first- I will say hit to counter Jameis
Carson Wentz second- hit
2017 Mitchell Tribusky second- bust
2018 Baker Mayfield first- hit
Sam Darnold third- hit
2019 Kyler Murray first- hit.

I am being generous with the 2018 as I like them but the top 5 QBs aren’t exactly the only spot to find QBs.

KC and Houston traded up to get guys in the first round in the range Miami could with a second first round pick. They have 3.

I don’t think Tua is worth the 5th pick.

Because of his runs. He wasn't crazy accurate. Look, he could be the next generational qb, I'm just waiting to see first, I've seen a lot of people called that and fail. But of course you take him as high as you can.
Lawrence would go first in the draft of he was eligible last year. He would first this year as well.
He is worth tanking a season for IMO.

It’s not the arm strength. He has everything you want in an NFL QB for the outside now we have no clue how good his football IQ is. Carson Wentz IMO is where he starts with the ability to be elite with good coaching.
Big kid who is stronger and more athletic than I realized.

2013 none
Carson Wentz second- hit
Sam Darnold third- hit

I am being generous with the 2018 as I like them but the top 5 QBs aren’t exactly the only spot to find QBs.

KC and Houston traded up to get guys in the first round in the range Miami could with a second first round pick. They have 3.

Exactly 50/50 is the best you can hope for at that position and closer to 30/70 after that. Would you rather have Tua at 5 with a 50/50 shot and then Curtis Weaver as an edge guy and Leatherwood as an OT like McShay has with them or Andrew Thomas at 5 who is probably a 60/40 guy as an early entry OT and then deal up to 11 for a 30 or 40% guy like Herbert? I'll take the 1st package all day wouldn't you when you break it down?

Lawrence would go first in the draft of he was eligible last year. He would first this year as well.
He is worth tanking a season for IMO.

It’s not the arm strength. He has everything you want in an NFL QB for the outside now we have no clue how good his football IQ is. Carson Wentz IMO is where he starts with the ability to be elite with good coaching.
Big kid who is stronger and more athletic than I realized.

We don't agree all that often but Lawrence is everything you could possibly look for all in one package. Has the size, the arm, accuracy, mobility, the competitiveness, leadership, all of it. I follow QB recruiting and the elite 11 and all of that stuff like a loser because I played the position from childhood through high school and still have a lot of interest in all of the new techniques and concepts that these kids use and are exposed to now. Lawrence was identified very early as the next one and has not had a misstep anywhere along the way. He has hit or exceeded every single milestone along the way. I've surely never seen anything like it during my time. The hype Luck started getting as a So/Jr in college is what Lawrence has had since he was a JR in high school. I'm younger than Peyton so obviously not too aware of what it was like for him as a recruit and underclassmen. Only became super aware of him when he decided to screw the Jets and stay in college an extra year.

Oh my god I’m not allowed to be happy.

if proven guilty, enjoy jail Howard

Sounds like a non-story to me from reading the allegations. Grabbed her wrists and pushed her back? That's essentially the least you could possibly do to someone that is being combative with you and coming at you I'd think. That wouldn't usually be the tactic that is used by an aggressor or the more physically dominant person. Who knows though, maybe he's a garbage person and was the aggressor and should be in trouble but that initial allegation leads me to think otherwise.

We agree there, but Lawrence has had it easy.

Very few of the top NFL QB's come from the best college teams. I'll own it if I'm wrong. I am sure he will get taken first overall by someone like the Chargers.

That was the case previously because the best QBs weren't all going to the same 5-10 schools. That all started to change a few years ago. Now the cream of the crop are all piling into the same schools and trying to beat each other out before having to jump in the portal.

Unless the refs screw the Saints at Green Bay and I really mean this I am not saying like fans do in hyperbole manner, I expect the NFC title game to be New Orleans at San Francisco.

If the Saints win Sunday Payton needs to do a Phil Jackson style talking about refs to the press all week leading up to divisional game

2013 none
Carson Wentz second- hit
Sam Darnold third- hit

I wouldn't call Baker a hit yet. As much I'd like to label bust the jury is still out.

Seems like Ron Rivera would be a candidate for other opportunities where the organization and owner isn't a complete clown show like the Redskins.

Believe me there were plenty of them there. Just got back. I can't tell who had more fans but the Philly fans were far louder. I know it was kinda bad weather and the G-Men were playing out the string but that was an embarrassing showing by NYG fans. At most they had 30-35 K fans there.
please.

it wasnt embarrassing.

i was there, and yes there were a ton of young, millennial obnoxious igg fans there who were loud.

good the fluck for them.

its still 4-1.

and why would i or anyone stay till the end in the fluckin rain to watch a 4-12 team??

i stayed long enough and already gave Eli his proper send off 2 weeks.

goodbye 2019

Seems like Ron Rivera would be a candidate for other opportunities where the organization and owner isn't a complete clown show like the Redskins.

Yeah I have zero idea why he took that job.

Dan Snyder gives coaches enough years to get the job done. He doesn’t fire before 4 years.
That has to appeal to Rivera. He won’t be rushed and he will get Chase Young to go with atleast on paper decent young roster.

Mike McCarthy most have been really good to the media. You can tell as he was part of Green Bay’s problem. Keep him away from Cleveland.
If I am Cleveland I hire Greg Roman. That guy has done outstanding with the 49ers, Bills and now Ravens.

Andrew Luck was a can't miss when he came out. It wasn't that long ago. People called him the best prospect since Elway.

I could be wrong on Lawrence, but I remember everyone saying a lot of the same things about Jameis and so far I've been proven right there.

He's throwing to a lot of guys that are wide open and he's got a big arm. Like I said people love big arms.
If Luck had Lawrence's speed and agility, I'm guessing Andrew would still be playing even after all those years playing without an O-line. TLaw has it. He's going to be great from the start.

Mike McCarthy most have been really good to the media. You can tell as he was part of Green Bay’s problem. Keep him away from Cleveland.
If I am Cleveland I hire Greg Roman. That guy has done outstanding with the 49ers, Bills and now Ravens.

Roman seems to have all of his success with a dual threat type of QB. Not sure I love the fit with Baker. Honestly not sure who the guy is to bring out the best in them. If they can find a starting caliber OT or 2 they should get immediately better.

Show me another Alabama QB that put up numbers compared to his. I'll hang up and listen.

Sow me ANY Alabama QBs that have been good in the NFL during the Saban regime. I'll hang up and listen.

I'm not sold on Lawrence like a lot of people. He's not Andrew Luck IMO. People love big arms though.

He's a helluva lot more than a big arm. Kid showed incredible toughness and athleticism in that game the other night. There's a reason why NFL teams would have chosen him first if he came out last year. The real deal.

I saw a report the new Cleveland coach gets a say if the GM stays or not. Stupid.

Yeah who works for who there? I'm not sure that organization will ever get it right.

Josh Rosen went 10th
Mason Rudolph and Will Grier went 3rd Round
Deshone Kizer 2nd round
Paxton Lynch in the 20s
Cardale Jones in the 4th round.
Carson Wentz went 2nd before Christian Hackenberg.

Good QBs are rarely found after the top 5.

Seriously? Mahomes, Wilson, Jackson, Garroppolo, Prescott, your boy Allen, not to mention the GOAT and the former GOAT (Montana). Been numerous busts amongst top five picks at the position.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom