NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 161 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Everyone knows that Lawrence is the Grand Prize but 1 team is getting him so planning on that is stupid.
That’s fair. Im just saying Tua’s not a can’t miss pick at 5. I’m not willing to gamble what we’ve built up for just because he’s performed well on a borderline NFL team

Murray runs a 4.44 40 yard dash.
Tua was clocked between 4.76 and 4.81.

Murray can outrun NFL LBs. Tua can’t.
I think Murray has the better arm strength and I will give Tua more accuracy even though Murray isn’t bad.
What's Brady and P Manning, Brees run? Accuracy rules the day imo, who cares if your qb can run fast? That gets neutralized sooner than later.

Lawrence makes throws Tua doesn’t.
Lawrence is also way more athletic than I realized.
That Ohio State secondary has a top 5 pick at DB that Lawrence threw dimes at.
Lawrence is a better prospect you concede. Tua isn’t in his ballpark.

This is so dumb. Who the F is comparing the 2. Lawrence isn't in this conversation because he can't be drafted. It was whether or not Tua is worth the 5th pick in the draft this year which he obviously is. Good luck taking Andrew Thomas instead and rolling with Fitz and Rosen if not.

Outclassed? He went over 400 with 4 TDs and led his team to over 40 pts against the #1 team in the country. People are legitimately crazy. You think that he was outclassed and not Saban's defense in that one?
He shouldn’t have said LSU it was Georgia in the SEC title game and Clemson championship game.

Tua isn’t a terrible prospect I just don’t see top of the draft franchise QB status.

That’s fair. Im just saying Tua’s not a can’t miss pick at 5. I’m not willing to gamble what we’ve built up for just because he’s performed well on a borderline NFL team

Well then your team will be irrelevant forever. You either have a QB or not and if you don't then you don't matter. If you don't take a shot on one then you can't get one. That's all it boils down to.

Wait

You guys are arguing for Tua, considering his play and history...and ignoring the fact that Lawrence b**** slapped him and has never lost a college game?

I’d go 0-16 next year with a smile on my face.
Who ignored Lawrence? Sorry if i'm in wait and see mode on comparing a guy to Luck, P Manning and freakin Elway, which is what I was referring to

This is so dumb. Who the F is comparing the 2. Lawrence isn't in this conversation because he can't be drafted. It was whether or not Tua is worth the 5th pick in the draft this year which he obviously is. Good luck taking Andrew Thomas instead and rolling with Fitz and Rosen if not.
I would take the best available player regardless of position at 5.

Then with the Texans or Steelers pick take a QB there.
This draft has many QB prospects.
Tua is injured as well. He isn’t worth the gamble at 5 if I am Miami and I have 2 other first round picks in this draft and extra first the following year.

Herbert, Love, Eason all will be available when the Dolphins pick later.
Tua isn’t worth a top 5 pick is what I am saying.

Lawrence makes throws Tua doesn’t.
Lawrence is also way more athletic than I realized.
That Ohio State secondary has a top 5 pick at DB that Lawrence threw dimes at.
Lawrence is a better prospect you concede. Tua isn’t in his ballpark.
He missed plenty throwing on that kid from OSU.

He shouldn’t have said LSU it was Georgia in the SEC title game and Clemson championship game.

Tua isn’t a terrible prospect I just don’t see top of the draft franchise QB status.

So how would you see it? Maybe 100/5 TD/Int ratio and 90% comp percentage? Might want to consider that Tua is what created this Alabama offense. It didn't exist prior did it? Kid was the #1 high school QB in his class, won Elite 11, won a national championship as a true freshman leading a comeback that was incredible to watch, put up numbers that were never previously scene in the SEC as a soph on the way to another national championship game and then dominated again as a JR before going down. That resume might be the 2nd best in NCAA history behind only what Lawrence might do.

I would take the best available player regardless of position at 5.

Then with the Texans or Steelers pick take a QB there.
This draft has many QB prospects.
Tua is injured as well. He isn’t worth the gamble at 5 if I am Miami and I have 2 other first round picks in this draft and extra first the following year.

Herbert, Love, Eason all will be available when the Dolphins pick later.
Tua isn’t worth a top 5 pick is what I am saying.

You might as well light the pick on fire if you take Love or Eason. Herbert is a theoretical QB too. If you have a chance to get a real guy with a true 50/50 or better shot then it's absolutely dumb not to do it.

So how would you see it? Maybe 100/5 TD/Int ratio and 90% comp percentage? Might want to consider that Tua is what created this Alabama offense. It didn't exist prior did it? Kid was the #1 high school QB in his class, won Elite 11, won a national championship as a true freshman leading a comeback that was incredible to watch, put up numbers that were never previously scene in the SEC as a soph on the way to another national championship game and then dominated again as a JR before going down. That resume might be the 2nd best in NCAA history behind only what Lawrence might do.
Tua’s accuracy is probably the reason he should go in the first round.
The TDs/Ints mean nothing Danny Weuffel put numbers in a spread offense with insane WR talent as well.

I don’t think Tua is worth a top 5 pick. You do. We will see. The hip injury is a really bad injury.

Tua’s accuracy is probably the reason he should go in the first round.
The TDs/Ints mean nothing Danny Weuffel put numbers in a spread offense with insane WR talent as well.

I don’t think Tua is worth a top 5 pick. You do. We will see. The hip injury is a really bad injury.

I don't know what he's worth. It comes down to the fact that if you don't have a QB then nothing else matters. There are 2 available this year with floors that look to be that of a starting caliber NFL QB. If you don't take either then it's just setting up for more years of mediocrity in Miami. Maybe they are better off building the infrastructure first to bring a guy in in 2021 but that's inserting so many variables that it would be too risky for me. I'd think you need to grab the lotto ticket now, have a ton of high picks to bring in building blocks with him and have $100m in cap space to build the infrastructure.

You might as well light the pick on fire if you take Love or Eason. Herbert is a theoretical QB too. If you have a chance to get a real guy with a true 50/50 or better shot then it's absolutely dumb not to do it.
Lamar Jackson was taken 32nd.
Russell Wilson 3rd round.
Drew Brees 2nd round
Aaron Rodgers in the 20s
Dak Prescott in the 4th round.
Pat Mahomes went 10th behind Mitchell Tribusky.

Good QBs can be found after the top 5.
Tua isn’t a prospect that is a no brainer to go top 5.

College factory QBs rarely succeed in the NFL.

How many SEC QBs have been drafted early and bust because they don't know how to deal with pressure.

They're used to having top flight OLs, WRs and RBs.

When they get to the NFL, and find the talent disparity is largely gone, they suck.

Drew Brees 2nd round
Aaron Rodgers in the 20s

Ok, take all those and compare the number of qb's taken anywhere near there since Drew Brees was drafted, those are the exception. It's insane to not take a great qb prospect when your franchise has struggled for 30 years to find a qb. Now I think it goes without saying as far as injury is concerned, but I think we'll find out a lot before the draft. Also, before we reach a superman narrative with Lawrence, he was 18-33 against OSU, 55% w 2 td's

Oh my god I’m not allowed to be happy.

if proven guilty, enjoy jail Howard

I'm not sold on Lawrence like a lot of people. He's not Andrew Luck IMO. People love big arms though.

Drew Brees 2nd round
Aaron Rodgers in the 20s

Josh Rosen went 10th
Mason Rudolph and Will Grier went 3rd Round
Deshone Kizer 2nd round
Paxton Lynch in the 20s
Cardale Jones in the 4th round.
Carson Wentz went 2nd before Christian Hackenberg.

Good QBs are rarely found after the top 5.

Ok, take all those and compare the number of qb's taken anywhere near there since Drew Brees was drafted, those are the exception. It's insane to not take a great qb prospect when your franchise has struggled for 30 years to find a qb. Now I think it goes without saying as far as injury is concerned, but I think we'll find out a lot before the draft. Also, before we reach a superman narrative with Lawrence, he was 18-33 against OSU, 55% w 2 td's
Lawrence was good in that game. He was Clemson’s best player.

The NFL MVP this year was taken 32nd overall. That is around where Brees was picked.
If I thought Tua was a franchise QB of course you take him high. Hell he shouldn’t get below Detroit as Stafford isn’t a spring chicken for the QB position.

I just don’t think he is a franchise QB. We will see.

I'm not sold on Lawrence like a lot of people. He's not Andrew Luck IMO. People love big arms though.

Some of y'all are crazy. He's been anointed as the best QB in decades since 10th grade and so far is undefeated in his college career with 1 national championship won as a true freshman and has a shot at his 2nd in year 2. What does it take to in fact become sold on someone? Luck still hasn't played a single game in his entire life that was as big as the national championship game that Lawrence won at 19.

Drew Brees 2nd round
Aaron Rodgers in the 20s

Watson was picked 12th.

Some of y'all are crazy. He's been anointed as the best QB in decades since 10th grade and so far is undefeated in his college career with 1 national championship won as a true freshman and has a shot at his 2nd in year 2. What does it take to in fact become sold on someone? Luck still hasn't played a single game in his entire life that was as big as the national championship game that Lawrence won at 19.

Andrew Luck was a can't miss when he came out. It wasn't that long ago. People called him the best prospect since Elway.

I could be wrong on Lawrence, but I remember everyone saying a lot of the same things about Jameis and so far I've been proven right there.

He's throwing to a lot of guys that are wide open and he's got a big arm. Like I said people love big arms.

Well then your team will be irrelevant forever. You either have a QB or not and if you don't then you don't matter. If you don't take a shot on one then you can't get one. That's all it boils down to.
Irrelevant forever? Seems a bit much. Ive made it the past 26 years though

Andrew Luck was a can't miss when he came out. It wasn't that long ago. People called him the best prospect since Elway.

I could be wrong on Lawrence, but I remember everyone saying a lot of the same things about Jameis and so far I've been proven right there.

He's throwing to a lot of guys that are wide open and he's got a big arm. Like I said people love big arms.

Jameis was a turnover machine at FSU. He had more picks in his final year than Lawrence has in 2 by an extra 50%.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom