NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 165 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

I have to chuckle about that FCS remark. Baker and Love high level draft picks from UGA and ND. Meanwhile Wentz beat them with Deontay Burnett, Robert Davis and Josh Perkins. You know those guys, right? Next guy up on the practice squad is River Cracraft. Another household name.

Wentz is the only guy in NFL history to throw for 4,000 yards with none of his receivers exceeding 500 yards.

And more Wentz...

If you change history sure, Wentz managed to play 1 full healthy season of college football at the FCS level and threw for 42 less TDs and 4 more picks against the likes of Weber St and Montana while Tua was going against the best teams that exist. I think he's got as good a shot as any QB this year to be a franchise guy. Hence why the Tank for Tua thing existed. People just start to pick apart guys that are good for too long. People on here think that he had a bad game against LSU other than that he threw for 400+ yards and 4 tds on 1 leg trying to save his team after having ankle surgery 3 weeks prior. Guy might be too fearless if anything.

Speaking of Wentz, I heard a lot of H0T Takes on this board that the guy was an overrated bum. Eerily silent here on that view lately

Unfortunately the NFL is not completely hung up on your college stats because there are certain measurables that translate to the NFL. Wentz seems to have overcome those picks against Weber State. Size, arm strength, athleticism are not major pluses for Tua. On the other hand I grant that he is tough, smart and a high character guy.

If u took a healthy Tua and Wentz circa 2015 and put them on the same practice field I would bet it wouldn't take very long to see some major differences between the two despite what they did or did not achieve in college. .

All I know is that if I have no QB like the Dolphins and are picking at #5 and I can pick either the most accurate and best QB in SEC history or Andrew Thomas, there is no reason whatsoever to go with the latter. Especially with 3 more picks in the top 40 and $100m to build some infrastructure. Bring back Fitz for a year to give Tua until midseason to get healthy and ready. If not him then what do you do if you're the Dolphins? I'd rather gamble on him than any of the FA QBs or anyone else in this draft and it's not particularly close.

Well considering they play each others defense, not really at all decisive on each qb's play. And what does "he's undersized" mean to you?

Height. He's listed at 6'1". That's a bit undersized IMO but by no means is that a deal breaker.

Speaking of Wentz, I heard a lot of H0T Takes on this board that the guy was an overrated bum. Eerily silent here on that view lately

You know that you heard all of those takes from one person and we all know who that is.

Height. He's listed at 6'1". That's a bit undersized IMO but by no means is that a deal breaker.
Yeah, considering how well Brees and Wilson and other starters are doing and winning rings, size pretty much means 0 to NFL front offices these days, and 0 as far as your career goes.

You know that you heard all of those takes from one person and we all know who that is.

NO WAY. I'm not gonna call them out but I can think of at least five others that had very derogatory things to say. That's cool. As I said earlier on the topic, I don't mind as much when non-Eagle fans rip Wentz cuz they're not watching his games every week. It's the goofy Eagles fans that thought Foles was better that really annoyed me.

He reminds me a little bit of Max Kellerman. Neither one believes a word of what they're saying.
I've been traveling today. Did Kellerman do any back tracking today?

Yeah, considering how well Brees and Wilson and other starters are doing and winning rings, size pretty much means 0 to NFL front offices these days, and 0 as far as your career goes.

I said it wasn't a deal breaker but all things being equal it's an advantage being much taller. To say it has zero to do with performance is just not true.

Btw who are the other 6 foot QBs that have won rings beside those two? I can think of some pretty tall dudes that have won 12 SBs between them in the last 17 years. Brady, Ben, and the Mannings. Foles was 6'6".

Well if that's your opinion then I'm doubling down for sure because everything that you state seems to be backwards.
I will stake my track record on here versus everyone.

and if we added up everyone’s wins, they’d still be millions short.

FACT

I said it wasn't a deal breaker but all things being equal it's an advantage being much taller. To say it has zero to do with performance is just not true.
My point is accuracy rules the day, size has 0 to do with performance if you're accurate. Again, Brees and Wilson prove that.

Who??

im curious...

bpo knows where I stand.

same with Alsacs and Cheat Incorporated

Btw who are the other 6 foot QBs that have won rings beside those two? I can think of some pretty tall dudes that have won 12 SBs between them in the last 17 years. Brady, Ben, and the Mannings. Foles was 6'6".
Yeah, teams just started realizing that 6' qb's can exist. Just because everybody until the last 10 years was stuck on some false narrative doesn't make it so, as we're all witnessing now. Elway kept drafting 6'7 guys thinking they'd be Manning, until they weren't.

My point is accuracy rules the day, size has 0 to do with performance if you're accurate. Again, Brees and Wilson prove that.

I agree accuracy is critical. Brees is a freak with his ability to process and pick u apart. And he's an underrated athlete. Wilson has both of those elements in spades. But these guys are exceptions. It's not easy looking over 6'5 linemen coming at you. I just don't agree that it's a non factor.

Yeah, teams just started realizing that 6' qb's can exist. Just because everybody until the last 10 years was stuck on some false narrative doesn't make it so, as we're all witnessing now. Elway kept drafting 6'7 guys thinking they'd be Manning, until they weren't.

There's a guy that won 4 SBs back in the 80s that was listed at 6'2" but not sure he was even that tall. It can be done but it's an advantage in the NFL to be taller. I think I made it pretty clear that it's not a deal breaker.

There's a guy that won 4 SBs back in the 80s that was listed at 6'2" but not sure he was even that tall. It can be done but it's an advantage in the NFL to be taller. I think I made it pretty clear that it's not a deal breaker.
the tua deal breaker is he’s a soft, injury prone QB, who likely just had a career ending injury.

he will make Eli & Ben look mobile and it’s quite established he’s not as tough as either.

the tua deal breaker is he’s a soft, injury prone QB, who likely just had a career ending injury.

he will make Eli & Ben look mobile and it’s quite established he’s not as tough as either.
Clown opinion. Guy had ankle surgery and limped around 3 weeks later on 1 leg to battle the best team in the country and managed 400 yds and 4 tds. So either your memory or brain are broken.

Last edited:

Starting his first playoff game next week, big step.

He’ll be on par with Dak if he wins it.

It only took him four seasons.

Not bad for a #2 pick.

Clown opinion. Guy had ankle surgery and limped around 3 weeks later on 1 leg to battle the best team in the country and managed 400 yds and 4 tds. So either your memory or brain are broken.
He may be injury prone, but he's tough as nails.

ENEuB0aX0AENJFt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom