NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 168 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

So Paul Depodesta(former baseball executive) won the power struggle over John Dorsey in Cleveland.

So Paul Depodesta(former baseball executive) won the power struggle over John Dorsey in Cleveland.
De Podesta is the guy who wouldn’t let Moneyball movie use his name in that movie and so they made Jonah Hill a composite character.
He is the ultimate computer guy who doesn’t use anything but stats and can’t use their own eyes.

Cleveland should hire Nick Casairo and Josh McDaniels or Greg Roman they both went to John Carroll in Ohio and know the region.

Instead I expect Cleveland to hire Mike McCarthy.

De Podesta is the guy who wouldn’t let Moneyball movie use his name in that movie and so they made Jonah Hill a composite character.
He is the ultimate computer guy who doesn’t use anything but stats and can’t use their own eyes.

Cleveland should hire Nick Casairo and Josh McDaniels or Greg Roman they both went to John Carroll in Ohio and know the region.

Right. Even a (primarily) stats-driven site like Baseball Prospectus recognizes that scouting and analytics go hand-in-hand.

Why would anybody want to hire Josh McDaniel? He was an epic fail in Denver and in part was axed for cheating by videotaping an opponent's practice in London. Then he's offered the job in Indy and accepts then stiffs them. I'd avoid him like the plague. Not to mention that Hoodies' assistants have been awful in the NFL.

Last edited:
Oklahoma’s top QB recruit and the top QB recruit in the nation just decommited from Oklahoma.
Lincoln Riley is going to be a top candidate for the Cowboys job.

Hey Jerry

smails.jpg

Oklahoma’s top QB recruit and the top QB recruit in the nation just decommited from Oklahoma.
Have a sight preference for Matt Rhule, but hes my next choice.

Doesn't look like the potential move to the Cowboys is related to the QB decommit. Seems more like a need to be closer to home, according to this piece:

5-Star QB Prospect Brock Vandagriff Decommits from Oklahoma

Doesn't look like the potential move to the Cowboys is related to the QB decommit. Seems more like a need to be closer to home, according to this piece:

5-Star QB Prospect Brock Vandagriff Decommits from Oklahoma
ENOM9H_UcAAx_uh

From SI.
This kid is going to Georgia because Riley is gonzo. Could be Cleveland or Dallas.
He is 0-3 in the CFB playoffs and knows he can get another elite college job if he flames out of the NFL.

He also hired a staff, he's scum. eph that clown
Using the Belichick coaching tree sucks when coaches leave as a reason for not hiring McDaniels, or any New England coach isn’t smart.

That’s like when people faded Saquon Barkley because Penn State RBs don’t produce in NFL like Ki-Jana Carter or Blair Thomas or how Patrick Mahomes fell in the draft because “Air Raid college QBs don’t translate to the NFL.
McDaniels could suck but Belichick’s tree has nothing to do with it.

I think he was arrogant with the Broncos but has become more humble. He is going to get another chance and that is why he was hesitant to take the Colts job. It’s last chance.

To ignore the failure of the Belichick disciples would be foolish. There have been several and not just a couple. But forget that - the way he hosed his prospective staff at Indy, the fact that he cheated when in Denver and his abysmal performance there are enough to not hire him. What did he do that was special this year? The offense has been sorry.

ENOM9H_UcAAx_uh

From SI.
This kid is going to Georgia because Riley is gonzo. Could be Cleveland or Dallas.
He is 0-3 in the CFB playoffs and knows he can get another elite college job if he flames out of the NFL.

Why wouldn't he just wait for Riley to officially leave? What's the hurry?

Using the Belichick coaching tree sucks when coaches leave as a reason for not hiring McDaniels, or any New England coach isn’t smart.

That’s like when people faded Saquon Barkley because Penn State RBs don’t produce in NFL like Ki-Jana Carter or Blair Thomas or how Patrick Mahomes fell in the draft because “Air Raid college QBs don’t translate to the NFL.
McDaniels could suck but Belichick’s tree has nothing to do with it.

I think he was arrogant with the Broncos but has become more humble. He is going to get another chance and that is why he was hesitant to take the Colts job. It’s last chance.
I couldn't care less about the coaching tree thing. He's a fraud and a flake, with all the candidates out there why would anyone hire him.

Oh look nothing connecting the morons from Kraft Sports productions doing a web series to football operations but let’s ban the team from the playoffs.
I hope they fine Bob Kraft 10 million dollars because his and his son’s stupidity and need for attention with this stupid series caused this to happen.

Oh look nothing connecting the morons from Kraft Sports productions doing a web series to football operations but let’s ban the team from the playoffs.
I hope they fine Bob Kraft 10 million dollars because his and his son’s stupidity and need for attention with this stupid series caused this to happen.
Don’t stop believing! Hold onto that feeling!

The NFL finding no connection between Kraft Productions and the Patriots' football operation is like Slider telling Mav "Below the hard deck doesn't count."

To which I'm sure Alsacs will respond with a post resembling Iceman's reaction...

rs_400x167-131230103621-92125-Val-Kilmer-chomp-gif-Top-Gun-I-7HKt-1421418069.gif

Garrett out according to Ed Werder of Espn

Lol why all the drama and cloak and dagger sht? What a garbage dranchise

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom