Odds to be the next Cowboys head coach (BetOnline):
Josh McDaniels +300
Robert Saleh +400
Lincoln Riley +500
Greg Roman/Urban Meyer +600
Eric Bienemy/Matt Rhule +700
Dan Mullen/Gary Kubiak/Mike Zimmer +1000
Jim Harbaugh +1200

Kubiak can’t handle the stress of a HC job he wouldn’t be bad for Dallas. Jerry would get all the attention and Kubiak could just coach.
That is an outside the box hire.

Browns to hire coach first THEN GM. why???

This actually doesn't always work out badly. Seahawks are one example. One of the other elite franchises did the same (the specific team is slipping my brain right now). And the Bills essentially did this with hiring McDermott and firing Whaley shortly thereafter to hire Beane.

Josh McDaniels +300
Robert Saleh +400
Lincoln Riley +500
Jim Harbaugh +1200

Kubiak can’t handle the stress of a HC job he wouldn’t be bad for Dallas. Jerry would get all the attention and Kubiak could just coach.

I want to see Jim Harbaugh. That would be priceless.

Josh McDaniels +300
Robert Saleh +400
Lincoln Riley +500
Jim Harbaugh +1200

Not sure I would have a whole lot of interest in Saleh. Took 4 1st rd top 10 D-lineman and spending tons in free agency for him to come up with a high end defense.

Not sure I would have a whole lot of interest in Saleh. Took 4 1st rd top 10 D-lineman and spending tons in free agency for him to come up with a high end defense.
Everytime they show him on camera is emotional and gets love from that.
He hasn’t shown anything special.

Every year we go through this where the top coordinators from the hot playoff teams become the main candidates for new HC jobs. Probably why we seem to have 6-7 new HC openings every year. A lot of these guys are in over their heads when it comes to being a HC.

Every year we go through this where the top coordinators from the hot playoff teams become the main candidates for new HC jobs. Probably why we seem to have 6-7 new HC openings every year. A lot of these guys are in over their heads when it comes to being a HC.
thats primarily why i want Rhule.

8 years as a HC in college, he now gets how much bullshit comes at the HC.

1 year with TC shouldve got him to understand how to deal with it professionally.

Josh McDaniels +300
Robert Saleh +400
Lincoln Riley +500
Jim Harbaugh +1200

I don't understand why Pete Carmichael doesn't get a shot anywhere ever. He's been the Saints OC for 10 years. What makes McDaniels qualified over Carmichael? I'd have to guess the Saints have scored more points the past 10 years over every team except maybe the Pats. I guess Sean Payton is a bigger genius and Brees a better QB than people get credit for.

I don't understand why Pete Carmichael doesn't get a shot anywhere ever. He's been the Saints OC for 10 years. What makes McDaniels qualified over Carmichael? I'd have to guess the Saints have scored more points the past 10 years over every team except maybe the Pats. I guess Sean Payton is a bigger genius and Brees a better QB than people get credit for.
PC Principal aka Dan Campbell is the Saints assistant mentioned for HC positions.
Dennis Allen as well.
I don't think Saints OC's get enough credit because Sean Payton does the play calling. That was the case for Doug Marrone and Joe Brady showed at LSU the Saints passing attack works.

i think we need to see 2-3 yrs of LSU before we know how well that offense works.. If they keep bringing in 1st rd WRs then almost any passing offense works.

PC Principal aka Dan Campbell is the Saints assistant mentioned for HC positions.
Dennis Allen as well.
I don't think Saints OC's get enough credit because Sean Payton does the play calling. That was the case for Doug Marrone and Joe Brady showed at LSU the Saints passing attack works.

Campbell had only been there 3 years.

Alsacs there’s rumors floating that the Pats may sign Bridgewater this offseason.
Correct. Tom E. Curran believes that.
If Brady retires I think he is the top FA QB. I don't believe Brady will play for another team unless as I said they hire Josh McDaniels. At 43 he isn't learning a new system. Brady hasn't gone to OTAs for 3 years and he won't want to put in that time he can spend with his family to learn a completely new system and playing core.

If Brady retires I think the Pats go after a Bridgewater type for 2 years or go full tank next year with Stidham. They play an insane hard schedule next year.
3 games on the West coast at LAR, at LAC, at Sea, at KC, at Houston, Baltimore, SF, ARZ, Vegas, Den and the AFC East.

Bridgewater makes sense with the Pats D.

If Brady retires I think he is the top FA QB. I don't believe Brady will play for another team unless as I said they hire Josh McDaniels. At 43 he isn't learning a new system. Brady hasn't gone to OTAs for 3 years and he won't want to put in that time he can spend with his family to learn a completely new system and playing core.

If Brady retires I think the Pats go after a Bridgewater type for 2 years or go full tank next year with Stidham. They play an insane hard schedule next year.
3 games on the West coast at LAR, at LAC, at Sea, at KC, at Houston, Baltimore, SF, ARZ, Vegas, Den and the AFC East.

Yeah and I don't think Brees is retiring yet unless the Saints win the SB. Also I think Payton really thinks Hill is the future at QB and would move to a more college based offensive with a dual threat at QB.

thats primarily why i want Rhule.

8 years as a HC in college, he now gets how much bullshit comes at the HC.

1 year with TC shouldve got him to understand how to deal with it professionally.

If u can turn around Temple and then Baylor after that dumpster fire then you're a helluva coach. I'm hoping he stays at Baylor.

i think we need to see 2-3 yrs of LSU before we know how well that offense works.. If they keep bringing in 1st rd WRs then almost any passing offense works.

You would think except LSU has had 1st rd receivers before and the offense was always holding them back.

Eli Manning is available ;)

Chaser

Ben Volin truly is the Ralph Wiggum of NFL beat reporters.

I would trade the Patriots beat minus Mike Reiss for ANY other teams beat.

The downside to being a Pats fan apparently is that you just have to find absolutely the most insignificant things to get angry over.

No kidding. Constant complaints that the media are mean. Can ignore all of that with the most minimal effort.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom