NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 182 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

No such thing as targeting back in Dawk's day. Just enforce the rules. On everybody. How do u miss that call?
Head hunting was still head hunting. It wasn’t a rule change that made it unethical.

But yes, inexcusable to miss it tonight.

Yep, sure was.

Just find the humor in their fan base now suddenly caring about targeting when they revere the notorious head-hunter that roamed their secondary not that long ago.
Wasn't targeting back then.

Eagles fans complaining about targeting.

Also Eagles fans: Brian Dawkins was the greatest safety of all time.

Btw it's true. He was the greatest safety of all time.

You’re late.

But again, lopping someone’s head off should make anyone feel queasy, rules be damned.

Were u around to watch George Atkinson or Jack Tatum on the Raiders? Or Andre Waters? They made Dawkins look like a choir boy. Dawkins was a very hard hitter but I didn't think he was a dirty player. Not like those guys.

Tatum was nasty, aka the 'assassin'. That's how guys hit back then and that's what fans wanted to see. The NFL endorsed that style of play, with constant highlight hits. Steve Atwater was a wrecking ball like that too, aka the 'smiling assassin', nicest guy off the field. I think Dawkins was just a throwback old school style safety like them, it's just how the game used to be.

Since 2003, with the exception of one season (bmore/flacco), the afc rep in the 2020 super bowl will be quarterbacked by someone not named Brady, Manning or Roethlisberger.

that’s a stupid comment. Who cares if he was a running back and didn’t give himself up. It’s still targeting.

Targeting, late hit, you name it. The irony is that Shawn Smith's crew led the NFL by a very wide margin in calling the most roughing the QB penalties.

I was at the game so I didn't know this until this morning but Michele T of NBC interviewed Clowney after the game and didn't even ask him about his dirty shot. That's unbelievable.

I may be the only Iggles fan who, by the second half, didn't want them to rally. So many injuries, they were playing gallantly, but I didn't want to see any more damage inflicted. I give major props to McCown, who played to win while risking his health.

I'm really proud of the character this team showed these last few weeks. AND they kept the Cowboys from having a shot, always a great consolation prize. I just want to see them heal up now.

Wow Jerry hired this guy because he will be a puppet.

Feel bad for Cowboys fans. They went from Garrett to another Garrett.

So so hire.

This McCarthy news brightens an otherwise dismal morning for Eagle fans. Best available puppet.

How are they remotely like each other in any way besides being white guys? That's pretty lazy.

McCarthy: reg season 125-77-2, post season 10-8. Has won a Super Bowl.
Garrett: reg season 85-67, post season 2-3. Has never won a 2nd rd playoff game

How are they remotely like each other in any way besides being white guys? That's pretty lazy.

McCarthy: reg season 125-77-2, post season 10-8. Has won a Super Bowl.
Garrett: reg season 85-67, post season 2-3. Has never won a 2nd rd playoff game

It is not a huge, franchise changing hire but it is a large upgrade from the previous staff and until Jerry dies that is the best we can hope for as fans.

Will be very interested to see who they bring in as the DC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom