NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 184 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

So who is the great proven NFL head coach that you think was taking that job? There are like 8 guys that even qualify for that title and like half of them have a job and the other half are retired. The biggest gripe is that he kept a DC on that he won a Super Bowl with. I think Cowboys fans would be ok with keeping a DC around if it means they won a Super Bowl.

Your opinions are so distorted due to being a Patriots fan that you can't relate to anyone else. I'd be fine if the Bills could quit the NFL and join the XFL for a decade if I could get 1 Super Bowl win.
You think I give a chit what you say to me. I really don’t care. Ignore my opinions if they freaking bother you.

I don’t claim to know more than anyone. I admit when I am wrong. I don’t care to respond anymore. You have a hardon for responding to me. I really don’t care if people disagree with me. Good luck to your team. Respond again.

That's odd though by normal NFL standards. Most new coaching hires choose their own staff regardless of whether former staff is under contract. But then again this is not a normal NFL operating structure as we all know.

Think this is starting to happen more and more nowadays. It's what the Jets tried to do with Rhule last year and he went back to Baylor. Think Frank Reich is in an arranged marriage too after the McDaniels ordeal. Might be a couple others.

How can it be a premier job if the coach is restricted by the demands of the owner?
$$$$. Plus it really isn’t restricted by the owner. The owner apparently wanted as Guinness said an established HC.
McCarthy is a quiet guy that has to appeal to Jones. Dallas has talent it should be a 10-6/11-5 season next year for McCarthy.

You think I give a chit what you say to me. I really don’t care. Ignore my opinions if they freaking bother you.

I don’t claim to know more than anyone. I admit when I am wrong. I don’t care to respond anymore. You have a hardon for responding to me. I really don’t care if people disagree with me. Good luck to your team. Respond again.

Why can't you respond with all of the high level available coaches that would be interested in going to work with Jerry and that he would be interested in? If you are so quick to criticize everything then you should at least be able to give a better example than Tony Dungey who retired in 2008.

Therein lies the rub. And it's a beautiful thing.

What I think think you are missing is that they could have hired you or I to be the HC and it would have been an upgrade over Garrett. So just by subtraction this will be a better team.

Will be interesting to see Dak in a WC offense too.

Rodgers resented the fact McCarthy was the OC for the 49ers when he came out in 2005. Rodgers felt that McCarthy didn’t want him over Alex Smith and he pushed the 49ers to pick Smith over Rodgers. Mike Nolan was the HC and was more defense oriented. McCarthy recommended Smith.
Rodgers never forgot that.
McCarthy was hired by GB because of his relationship with Brett Favre as QB coach of GB and had nothing to do with Rodgers.
Rodgers-McCarthy survived because Rodgers bailed him out. However the article talks about how Rodgers hated McCarthy’s play calls and would freelance to what he knew would work better. McCarthy was basically a figurehead to Rodgers and he would scoff inside the building at what McCarthy would say to the team.

I read the article.

Rodgers is a baby and McCarthy quit on the team.

McCarthy made a deal with Jerry to get the opportunity to disprove what you posted.

Time will tell.

I read the article.

Rodgers is a baby and McCarthy quit on the team.

McCarthy made a deal with Jerry to get the opportunity to disprove what you posted.

Time will tell.

Here is to hoping that McCarthy does with his second chance what Andy Reid is doing with his in KC.

What I think think you are missing is that they could have hired you or I to be the HC and it would have been an upgrade over Garrett. So just by subtraction this will be a better team.

Will be interesting to see Dak in a WC offense too.

You're probably right but this organization has a unique way of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. Dysfunction will somehow rear it's ugly head.

Here is to hoping that McCarthy does with his second chance what Andy Reid is doing with his in KC.

Think Peter King did a story on McCarthy and what he has done with his year off that was quite interested. He went around doing a lot of learning from guys. Imagine if he uses that and doesn't fall into old habits that he has about as high of a floor as anyone they could have possibly brought in. Ceiling is obviously a different story if a guy like Riley was actually obtainable which no one knows.

Edit: Found It

Why can't you respond with all of the high level available coaches that would be interested in going to work with Jerry and that he would be interested in? If you are so quick to criticize everything then you should at least be able to give a better example than Tony Dungey who retired in 2008.
So because I don’t like Mike McCarthy as a HC you want me to do a complete job search post for you just to cause more bitching back and forth where my opinion won’t change and yours won’t.

There were more candidates is all I will bother to say. I can do a list if I truly wanted to spend time on this but honestly it’s not worth the energy as the hiring is over. I don’t work on an embrace debate show and need to fill time. Off the top of my head I can just say Jim Harbaugh would have been a better hire.
Former NFL HC, got to a SB, another conference title game, and was a good NFL HC.

If I spent another 30 minutes I could create a SWC post for you but I am not going to do that.

So because I don’t like Mike McCarthy as a HC you want me to do a complete job search post for you just to cause more bitching back and forth where my opinion won’t change and yours won’t.

There were more candidates is all I will bother to say. I can do a list if I truly wanted to spend time on this but honestly it’s not worth the energy as the hiring is over. I don’t work on an embrace debate show and need to fill time. Off the top of my head I can just day Jim Harbaugh would have been a better hire.
Former NFL HC, got to a SB, another conference title game, and was a good NFL HC.

If I spent another 30 minutes I could create a SWC post for you but I am not going to do that.

Harbough would not have meshed with Jerry whatsoever.

The prevailing view from many is that Dallas has this stacked roster and I don't think that is really the case. Their OL is overrated (they were the best three years ago, not anymore), the DL flat out got beat most games. If you're not strong in the trenches then it's tough to make the playoffs. The LBs are great (when healthy) but the back end is mediocre.

Jerry should have gone for a guy like Tony Dungey if he was in win now mode.
Dungey is on TV knows the game still and wouldn’t be in it for attention that Jerry craves. I am just glad I can cross off Brady/McDaniels duo to Dallas.

I honestly can't believe you thought this was even the most remote of possibilities. There's no chance Jerry would have gone for this when he already has Dak likely in hand.

There were more candidates is all I will bother to say. I can do a list if I truly wanted to spend time on this but honestly it’s not worth the energy as the hiring is over. I don’t work on an embrace debate show and need to fill time. Off the top of my head I can just say Jim Harbaugh would have been a better hire.

Shots fired at SWC. :cool:

Amen. I'm holding out hope that DC hire will be able to give McCarthy a top 10 defense.

He had 2 seasons his offense wasn't ranked in the top 15 (first year with Favre, last year with Rodgers).

Not putting Dak with Rodgers/Favre but it should be pretty clear early on how good a coach/play caller McCarthy will be.

I honestly can't believe you thought this was even the most remote of possibilities. There's no chance Jerry would have gone for this when he already has Dak likely in hand.

Yeah that one was out of LF.

Well I wasn’t super worried but if Brady is leaving he is going to go where McDaniels goes.
That really only leaves Carolina as a spot for both.

Jerry has to pay Dak/Cooper until he pays him it was still on the table.

I think Brady is coming back now but is going to force Belichick to kiss his a&& for once.

Amen. I'm holding out hope that DC hire will be able to give McCarthy a top 10 defense.

He had 2 seasons his offense wasn't ranked in the top 15 (first year with Favre, last year with Rodgers).

Not putting Dak with Rodgers/Favre but it should be pretty clear early on how good a coach/play caller McCarthy will be.

That's one of the things people forget about Andy Reid in Philly that allowed him to get to all of those NFC title games. He had Jim (not Jimmy) Johnson.

That's one of the things people forget about Andy Reid in Philly that allowed him to get to all of those NFC title games. He had Jim (not Jimmy) Johnson.

If Lurie had opened his wallet more than once for a competent WR they might've won a SB.

Is Jeffrey gonna spend some dough to fix the crappy training/medical staff at NovaCare?

The prevailing view from many is that Dallas has this stacked roster and I don't think that is really the case. Their OL is overrated (they were the best three years ago, not anymore), the DL flat out got beat most games. If you're not strong in the trenches then it's tough to make the playoffs. The LBs are great (when healthy) but the back end is mediocre.

Rod refused to draft a real DT. A Fletcher Cox type of DT would change this defense dramatically.

I agree about the OL. Smith is old and too injured. Frederick has not fully recovered from his illness. Martin and Collins however are both still really good.

Rod refused to draft a real DT. A Fletcher Cox type of DT would change this defense dramatically.

I agree about the OL. Smith is old and too injured. Frederick has not fully recovered from his illness. Martin and Collins however are both still really good.
Watching Cowboys games and the endless positive coverage Rod Martinelli got its beyond obvious he is a source for Collinsworth and Aikman.
As he isn’t good Richard was who helped turnaround that D last year.

Cowboys draft well. Gotta give Jerry that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom