NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 203 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Edgerin James in the HOF is so laughable.
The guy was good but not a HOFer IMO.
Fred Taylor was a better player.
This thing is so bias.

Edgerin James in the HOF is so laughable.
The guy was good but not a HOFer IMO.
Fred Taylor was a better player.
This thing is so bias.
This stuff is really subjective, but I can't agree with that. Edge put his stamp on the league, he led the league in rushing twice, pro bowls, all pro teams, all decade selection 1st team, was a super dynamic back, all that matters to me. I'd put in Edge over Taylor for those things.

Lot of fast food restaurants and grocery stores are closing at 4 pm here in KC area so employees can get home to watch the game. Lot of excitement around here to say the least.
In New England we have 9 year old kids crying because they didn’t get to watch football on championship weekend. That is all they knew their entire lives before this year.
Plus the Raiders are going to make a move for Brady.

like celtic fans felt for about 20 yrs and yankee fans too for a long time, the Canadian fans had it for 50 yrs and now its been like 30 since they even sniffed a shot..

If the Cowboys franchise Dak I expect the Patriots to pounce on Amari Cooper based on what NE media aren’t saying about him.

This stuff is really subjective, but I can't agree with that. Edge put his stamp on the league, he led the league in rushing twice, pro bowls, all pro teams, all decade selection 1st team, was a super dynamic back, all that matters to me. I'd put in Edge over Taylor for those things.
give me larry brown redskins (69-76). or wilbur montgomery eagles. hell give me the nigerian nightmare !

link Larry Brown (running back) - Wikipedia

Rooting for Andy Reid and KC, but the one worry I have is the long layoff always seems to favor the better defensive team over the high flying offense.

shame the game starts in just a few short hours. i feel that there is so much more that needs to be discussed about this match up.

Lot of fast food restaurants and grocery stores are closing at 4 pm here in KC area so employees can get home to watch the game. Lot of excitement around here to say the least.

As there should be!

I'd like to see KC win, but have a hard time rooting for Hill and Kelce (the former for obvious reasons and the latter because he comes off as a meathead douche). Likewise, on SF, I'd hate to see Nick Bosa (or anyone from that family) win a SB. I guess, all in all, I'd be pulling for a Chiefs victory - they're a real sports town with loyal and dedicated fans.

If the Cowboys franchise Dak I expect the Patriots to pounce on Amari Cooper based on what NE media aren’t saying about him.
Maybe it's just me, but I don't think that Cooper is that special. Had some huge games and completely disappeared in others. Doesn't seem like a guy who'd relish playing outdoors for in the NE/Midwest in November-January

BE540EC5-C1C3-45E8-A6A2-353D56528E12.jpeg

From what I’ve heard Dallas plans to tag both of them if they must. One gets the transition tag and the other gets the franchise.

after 20 years of the 'Giselle Discount', why would he all of a sudden demand more??

he knows Kraft will hire him for millions per year after hes done.

It’s not about the money .. it’s about the respect .. after all he’s done for the franchise and then BB gives him nothing to work with this year ..not to mention it’s no secret if BB had his way Brady wouldn’t be there and jimmy G would

Last edited:
Love how the same Fox crew that thought that Kyle Rudolph’s Game winning push off TD wasn’t PI... but Kittles much less egregious arm extension most definitely was PI

Just an FYI another stupid Boston media troll job on the Patriots fans is that Stephen Ross will give Brady a piece of the team to go to the Dolphins this offseason. They reason because Ross is a fellow Michigan man.

Boston media are 90% convinced Brady is gone but I believe it’s because they are just troll POS and have to all be negative as punishment for how successful the region’s sports teams have been.
I could see Brady to Miami. Outside of NY or LA, best city for Giselle. They draft their future QB and he learns from Brady. They also dethrone NE

Love how the same Fox crew that thought that Kyle Rudolph’s Game winning push off TD wasn’t PI... but Kittles much less egregious arm extension most definitely was PI

I think both of them were instances where it could go either way. Refs tend to let guys fight a lot more on endzone fades than they do anywhere else on the field though. And in Rudolph's case, him and the DB were hand-fighting with each other the whole way; DB was grabbing him non-stop and then Rudolph gave him the shove to break free. Also, the DB never bothered to look for the ball.

With Kittle, the Chiefs guy was running with him the whole way and not doing anything illegal and then Kittle just pushed him out of the way to make the catch. It was the same push but the context was different.

Also kind of ironic, if that was Deebo Samuel doing it instead of Kittle, it probably doesn't get called. For whatever reason, refs call that a lot more on TEs than they do WRs. I remember an identical play where Michael Thomas had a Bucs DB with him stride for the stride and then he just pushed him away to create the separation at the end and all of a sudden the Saints have a TD. It happens all the time with WRs.

I think both of them were instances where it could go either way. Refs tend to let guys fight a lot more on endzone fades than they do anywhere else on the field though. And in Rudolph's case, him and the DB were hand-fighting with each other the whole way; DB was grabbing him non-stop and then Rudolph gave him the shove to break free. Also, the DB never bothered to look for the ball.

With Kittle, the Chiefs guy was running with him the whole way and not doing anything illegal and then Kittle just pushed him out of the way to make the catch. It was the same push but the context was different.

Also kind of ironic, if that was Deebo Samuel doing it instead of Kittle, it probably doesn't get called. For whatever reason, refs call that a lot more on TEs than they do WRs. I remember an identical play where Michael Thomas had a Bucs DB with him stride for the stride and then he just pushed him away to create the separation at the end and all of a sudden the Saints have a TD. It happens all the time with WRs.
the last replay they showed was from a camera behind the ref that threw the flag. From a positioning perspective he had a perfect view of the play, and from that angle the arm extension and push were very clear. would have been hard not to call it, my guess is from most other angles it isn't called, but it just worked out that way.

the last replay they showed was from a camera behind the ref that threw the flag. From a positioning perspective he had a perfect view of the play, and from that angle the arm extension and push were very clear. would have been hard not to call it, my guess is from most other angles it isn't called, but it just worked out that way.

For whatever it's worth, I was saying it was an OPI immediately when it happened. Was kinda shocked the refs actually threw the flag on it though just because I've seen guys like Thomas and Hopkins do that so often.

49ers could save 22.5 million if they cut or traded Jimmy G. Imagine if they pursued Brady or Brees and dumped Jimmy G.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom