NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 202 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

I will continue to expect New England until I actually see him in another uniform.

Alsacs

buddy told me Brady’s family was visiting schools In Nashville for his kids yesterday, don’t know if this is national gossip

I think Barstool reported that
Tom is smart and calculating enough to do that.

boston is sitting on wildfire...

1580477185394.png

I think Barstool reported that
Ah ok

it has me fearing the prophecy will be fulfilled. The Dolphins ditch Tannehill, he turns a Titans team into a contender, Bill swaps Brady for him and I never watch the NFL again

Tom is smart and calculating enough to do that.

boston is sitting on wildfire...

View attachment 176092
Trust me the Boston media is beating the drum he is gone.
Fans aren’t in uproar.

Brady can do whatever he wants and 99% of the fanbase is with him.
Patriots fans know Belichick isn’t an idiot. He isn’t going to overpay and if Brady over does his threat to leave he will let him go.
The success of the last 20 years is off the charts.
Since 2007 every season has had to be a SB championship or people bitch.
It won’t be the worst thing to have less pressure and the media can go shut up with expectations.
Brady would be stupid to go anywhere where he can’t win a SB.

Ah ok

it has me fearing the prophecy will be fulfilled. The Dolphins ditch Tannehill, he turns a Titans team into a contender, Bill swaps Brady for him and I never watch the NFL again
Just an FYI another stupid Boston media troll job on the Patriots fans is that Stephen Ross will give Brady a piece of the team to go to the Dolphins this offseason. They reason because Ross is a fellow Michigan man.

Boston media are 90% convinced Brady is gone but I believe it’s because they are just troll POS and have to all be negative as punishment for how successful the region’s sports teams have been.

Fans aren’t in uproar.

Patriots fans know Belichick isn’t an idiot. He isn’t going to overpay and if Brady over does his threat to leave he will let him go.
It won’t be the worst thing to have less pressure and the media can go shut up with expectations.
after 20 years of the 'Giselle Discount', why would he all of a sudden demand more??

he knows Kraft will hire him for millions per year after hes done.

after 20 years of the 'Giselle Discount', why would he all of a sudden demand more??

he knows Kraft will hire him for millions per year after hes done.
I have given up thinking about what Brady will do. They had to give him a raise before this year. The narrative that he has been underpaid his entire career is wrong.
In 2010 he was the highest paid player in the league when he resigned. The amount was only 18 million per year but he has been paid his entire career.
What he did was not demand a renegotiation every single time a new QB got paid and moved the numbers up.

He has been underpaid the last 5 years in that he has settled for 20 million per year instead of commanding 25+ Per year.

The media in Boston are saying he wants respect. Which is just stupid and obvious. I actually think if he doesn’t resign with the Patriots it’s because Belichick doesn’t want him and wants to move on.

I have given up thinking about what Brady will do. They had to give him a raise before this year. The narrative that he has been underpaid his entire career is wrong.
In 2010 he was the highest paid player in the league when he resigned. The amount was only 18 million per year but he has been paid his entire career.
What he did was not demand a renegotiation every single time a new QB got paid and moved the numbers up.

He has been underpaid the last 5 years in that he has settled for 20 million per year instead of commanding 25+ Per year.

The media in Boston are saying he wants respect. Which is just stupid and obvious. I actually think if he doesn’t resign with the Patriots it’s because Belichick doesn’t want him and wants to move on.
herbert on the pats radar??

the usual grab a high QB and 1 more year of Tommy works for them.

id be surprised if its over.

herbert on the pats radar??

the usual grab a high QB and 1 more year of Tommy works for them.

id be surprised if its over.
I think Belichick would sign a vet like Marcus Mariota and roll with him and Stidham.

I don’t see any of QBs in this class slipping to 23.
Herbert IMO is going to either Chargers or Raiders.
Tua will be a Dolphin one way or the other IMO.
Love is a wildcard.
Panthers will want a QB.

If Brady is done with the team. I want a one year tear it down. Go after a Lawrence next draft. Trade Gilmore, let McCourty and Hightower go.
The reason I don’t think they will do this is because of the CBA.
If they resign Brady and then play next year and there is a lockout following the year then Brady retires and then rebuild is then.

Fans aren’t in uproar.

It’s funny to see the term over pay used with Tom. He’s left so much money on the table giving the Pats discounts so they could get him more tools, which they rarely did. They should overpay him a year or two just to even the ledger, considering what he’s already given them.

I think Belichick would sign a vet like Marcus Mariota and roll with him and Stidham.

I don’t see any of QBs in this class slipping to 23.
Herbert IMO is going to either Chargers or Raiders.
Tua will be a Dolphin one way or the other IMO.
Love is a wildcard.
Panthers will want a QB.

If Brady is done with the team. I want a one year tear it down. Go after a Lawrence next draft. Trade Gilmore, let McCourty and Hightower go.
The reason I don’t think they will do this is because of the CBA.
If they resign Brady and then play next year and there is a lockout following the year then Brady retires and then rebuild is then.
Marriota? That would be awesome. Six wins tops next year.

Mariota will get decent backup money from a team like Chicago/Philadelphia/Pittsburgh or maybe a chance to start with NE/Raiders/Chargers.

Also I forgot I think Dak will get the franchise tag from Dallas and remain a Cowboy until they hammer a long term deal.

I'll be surprised if Dallas franchises Dak.

They'll be in a tight spot after 2020 - too many unsigned FAs/not enough available cap space if they franchise Dak.

They'd essenially be gambling that the new CBA will signifcantly increase the cap after 2020 relieve this pressure (doubtful).

And Dak is obviously sacrificing a long term deal for a big 2020 payday. I think both sides will eventually reach a deal before 2020 starts.

Brees may be back next year, but Taysom Hill is the long term QB in NOLA. Sounds like Payton saw what Lamar did this year and is convinced he can do something similar with Hill.

Brees may be back next year, but Taysom Hill is the long term QB in NOLA. Sounds like Payton saw what Lamar did this year and is convinced he can do something similar with Hill.

Don't forget he's a BYU Morman mission guy so he's already 29. Still young enough to have plenty of years ahead of him if he's good, but he's no spring chicken even though he's only been in the league 3 years

I just don’t buy it at all and it seems like a disaster waiting to happen if they legitimately believe that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom