NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 205 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

He pulled up at the end.

But he should have put a touch more air under it.

And there ain't no way Tom could have made that throw. Not this year.
I have no idea if he completes that throw but I am confident Brady leads them down the field for a score at the end of a SB. He led his team to a last 5 minute TD 7 of his 9 SBs.
Jimmy G got to midfield and no closer.

I have no idea if he completes that throw but I am confident Brady leads them down the field for a score at the end of a SB. He led his team to a last 5 minute TD 7 of his 9 SBs.

He certainly would have completed the 5 yarder to Kittle that might have been enough to win the game. I'm not confident in Brady's deep ball anymore though I think he was statistically good at it this year if I remember right, but in terms of reading the defense and getting the ball out to Kittle, that one is a guarantee.

View attachment 176232
He overthrew him by atleast 3 yards.

Also if I were SF I would consider 1 year of Tom Brady then sign Kirk Cousins after next year when his MIN contract expires and he can't be franchised. Then deal Jimmy G for multiple draft picks.
They don't have a pick in the 2nd thru 4th rounds round now.

That's after he pulled up and he's hit that same pattern this year already. And, JG was under pressure.

This is nuts. Shanahan doesn't get scared at the end of the first half, or the OPI isn't called or he just runs the ball because that's where he has an advantage against KC... SF wins.

You do not sign a TB12 that isn't accurate with the long ball or Kirk Cousins (?!?!).

people are overthinking the SF should have run late play calling.. if you go look at the last 2nd down play. KC was gonna stuff that run play so they fact it was play action was a good thing. SF had success running but most of that was the WR runs..

That's after he pulled up and he's hit that same pattern this year already. And, JG was under pressure.

This is nuts. Shanahan doesn't get scared at the end of the first half, or the OPI isn't called or he just runs the ball because that's where he has an advantage against KC... SF wins.

You do not sign a TB12 that isn't accurate with the long ball or Kirk Cousins (?!?!).
Brady was really good with long balls this season. He hasn't had to throw deep because one he hasn't had the receiver to stretch the field since Brandin Cooks was on the team and two the passes are harder to complete and team favors intelligent passes more than deep passes. When Brady had Randy Moss he set NFL records throwing deep. Brady had 2nd most completion of passes over 20 yards in the air this season. He doesn't throw deep when his WRs are Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Gronk. When he throws to deep threats he completes them. Cooks/Moss types.

Subscription needed from PFF. His deep passes were really good for the league. 18 for 37 534 yards this season with 5 TDs, 3 INTs(hail marys were 2 of them). That is top 5 in the league.

Brady was really good with long balls this season. He hasn't had to throw deep because one he hasn't had the receiver to stretch the field since Brandin Cooks was on the team. When Brady had Randy Moss he set NFL records throwing deep. Brady had 2nd most completion of passes over 20 yards in the air this season. He doesn't throw deep when his WRs are Julian Edelman, Danny Amendola, Gronk. When he throws to deep threats he completes them. Cooks/Moss types.

Subscription needed.

He is 85 years old. You do not sign TB12 when you are teed up for a 5 year run of success.

I don't care if they had 10 in the box. They had success running all playoffs and against the Chiefs. The best way to defend the Chiefs offense is to keep them off the field. At one point they were averaging over 10 ypc on the outside.

This is on Shanahan.

Who are they realistically going to get to be a QB if they give up JG? They barely lost to the best QB in the league and arguably the best QB the NFL has ever seen before hitting 25.

There is no guarantee he could have done it this year. Also, if all the 49ers need is to get the greatest QB of all time to win a SB, well no kidding.

Let's work within reality here.

This is on Shanahan.

He is 85 years old. You do not sign TB12 when you are teed up for a 5 year run of success.

I don't care if they had 10 in the box. They had success running all playoffs and against the Chiefs. The best way to defend the Chiefs offense is to keep them off the field. At one point they were averaging over 10 ypc on the outside.

This is on Shanahan.

Who are they realistically going to get to be a QB if they give up JG? They barely lost to the best QB in the league and arguably the best QB the NFL has ever seen before hitting 25.
Teddy Bridgewater is also a FA. I don't see much of a difference between Jimmy G and Teddy B.

Teddy Bridgewater is also a FA. I don't see much of a difference between Jimmy G and Teddy B.

Exactly. They are the same. And the one you have just got you within a whisker of winning a Super Bowl.

So why change? Teddy Bridgewater? Come on.

Exactly. They are the same. And the one you have just got you within a whisker of winning a Super Bowl.

So why change? Teddy Bridgewater? Come on.
If you can get draft capital in dealing Jimmy G it makes sense. Plus I think you could get Teddy B for cheaper than 26 million per year.
I could see a team like the Chargers/Panthers giving up draft picks for a QB.

If you can get draft capital in dealing Jimmy G it makes sense. Plus I think you could get Teddy B for cheaper than 26 million per year.
I could see a team like the Chargers/Panthers giving up draft picks for a QB.

Listen, I just don't think Bridgewater + picks is what you need. The best coach in NFL history wanted to keep Jimmy G and he just almost won a Super Bowl against the best QB in the league.

I'm keeping Jimmy.

Listen, I just don't think Bridgewater + picks is what you need. The best coach in NFL history wanted to keep Jimmy G and he just almost won a Super Bowl against the best QB in the league.

I'm keeping Jimmy.
Belichick was wrong and he would admit it now. He thought Brady was going to be done 3 years ago.
Also I think Belichick's ego wanted to win without Brady. Garrapolo is a game manager. He is good enough to win a SB with but when the game was on the line he didn't win it.

49ers will have the pretty standard come back to the league next year. SB losers outside of NE 2 years ago take a step back. They don't have many draft picks this year.

Belichick was wrong and he would admit it now. He thought Brady was going to be done 3 years ago.
Also I think Belichick's ego wanted to win without Brady. Garrapolo is a game manager. He is good enough to win a SB with but when the game was on the line he didn't win it.

49ers will have the pretty standard come back to the league next year. SB losers outside of NE 2 years ago take a step back. They don't have many draft picks this year.

We'll see. I think they are teed up for a nice run. They bottomed out in the midst of being good and landed Bosa.

It's a unique situation.

Shanahan has to get better though.

Ultimately I think the 49ers are coming up on the same situation that the Rams are in now. The Rams made the wrong choice. We'll see what the 49ers do. My money is on them also making the wrong choice. Hope not though because the team is built to make a good run and they're a lot of fun to watch.

Ultimately I think the 49ers are coming up on the same situation that the Rams are in now. The Rams made the wrong choice. We'll see what the 49ers do. My money is on them also making the wrong choice. Hope not though because the team is built to make a good run and they're a lot of fun to watch.
EP3YFhOX4AAkm5n

These stats lines tell me the same. He is good enough to win with at a cheaper number but not 26 million per year.
These last 2 years his cap number was lower because the 49ers smartly when they resigned him put the signing bonus on their 2017 cap space season. It was smart as they were 6-10 that year and won 5 games with him.

Who is the sacrificial lamb to play at KC for the season opener next year?

Chargers, Raiders, Broncos, Texans, Falcons, Panthers, Jets, Patriots.

My money is on the Texans or Broncos.

I don't think this is really the right way to look at it. Shanahan's system makes it so easy on the QB. Any time Jimmy got in a situation where things weren't easy last night, he failed. Feasted on quick hitters and PA where his initial read was open and almost literally couldn't complete anything if he had to actually read the defense or throw the ball down the field.

He was better during the regular season than he showed in the playoffs this year, but at the end of the day, much like how the Rams made a mistake in paying Goff, San Fran has a system that almost any QB will be able to be successful in. There's no need to spend top dollar on an average at best QB with the system Shanahan has in place. It's fine for now; they don't need the cap savings yet so there's no need to restart at the QB position in the immediate future, but when it comes to the point where they basically have to either keep Jimmy or keep everyone else, they should definitely go with the latter. So I would be trying to lock in a rookie QB salary that you can develop right now.

I don't get how McVay & Shannahan can be such good offensive minds but they don't have the awareness that paying those guys that much is stupid.

with Andy Reid's title the choke artist championship belt is now held by Kyle Shanahan.

All this talk about ditching Jimmy G. If you backtrack a couple years, when he first signed the contract, could people have imagined him to be much better than he was this year? Looking at it for the perspective of the 49ers, they have to be happy about doing this. And it tells me they will keep him

Who is the sacrificial lamb to play at KC for the season opener next year?

Chargers, Raiders, Broncos, Texans, Falcons, Panthers, Jets, Patriots.

My money is on the Texans or Broncos.

Texans or Pats (with Brady) would probably be the biggest draw, outside of a situation with Brady going to a new team (like if he goes to the Raiders or something).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom