NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Yeah I don't get blaming Rodgers for that loss. He had zero ground game to work with and his own D was gashed on the ground. He had the one strip sack but otherwise rolled up and down the field on the Birds with several impressive escapes. Sputtered in the red zone but it's tough to pass down there when you have no ground game. Not like he has the greatest WR crew in the league either. Adams very good but the others? meh
Good to see the Aaron Rodgers deflection and excuse making team is working overtime.

Thought we weren’t allowed to do this...

So confused.

Yeah I don't get blaming Rodgers for that loss. He had zero ground game to work with and his own D was gashed on the ground. He had the one strip sack but otherwise rolled up and down the field on the Birds with several impressive escapes. Sputtered in the red zone but it's tough to pass down there when you have no ground game. Not like he has the greatest WR crew in the league either. Adams very good but the others? meh

He did throw it to a guy double covered near the goal line and yes I'm a hater.

The Packers last 4 trips to the red zone last night.
They kicked 2 FGs, Had one turnover on downs and threw an interception in the end zone. That is terrible quarterback play

Good to see the Aaron Rodgers deflection and excuse making team is working overtime.

Thought we weren’t allowed to do this...

So confused.

You put Eli behind center last night for GB and he gets sacked four times, throws three picks and the Birds win 45-10.

The Packers last 4 trips to the red zone last night.
They kicked 2 FGs, Had one turnover on downs and threw an interception in the end zone. That is terrible quarterback play

lol

I suppose its rodgers fault the dropped the 3 TD passes?

I guess because of his lofty rep AR's held to a ridiculous standard. Anybody that watched that game last night coming away with the notion that he was to blame for that loss needs to get their head examined.

He did throw it to a guy double covered near the goal line and yes I'm a hater.

Are you talking about the INT at the end where the receiver was tackled before the ball got to him?

Are you talking about the INT at the end where the receiver was tackled before the ball got to him?

Too bad. Threw it into tight coverage. Interference happens and sometimes isn't called or so I've been told. Slants don't work near the goaline.

Last edited:
Too bad. Threw it into tight coverage. Interference happens and sometimes isn't called or so I've been told. Slants don't work near the goaline.

Still probably a touchdown if the guy doesn't get tackled right after he throws it lol. Tight coverage is fine if the throw is good and it was.

Still probably a touchdown if the guy doesn't get tackled right after he throws it lol. Tight coverage is fine if the throw is good and it was.

I changed my font to make my point. Let's see how the season finishes out. If you think he's as good as he was 5 years ago because he had his first good game in about his past 10 starts we just have different opinions.

I changed my font to make my point. Let's see how the season finishes out. If you think he's as good as he was 5 years ago because he had his first good game in about his past 10 starts we just have different opinions.

I didn't say that at all. What I've been saying is that he looked a lot better last night than we've seen him recently. We'll have to see if that continues or not, but he looked healthy last night both in the way he moved and the way he threw. He'll probably never be the guy he was in his athletic prime; he's 35 now. But last night was the first time in awhile that he looked like he's still an elite QB.

You put Eli behind center last night for GB and he gets sacked four times, throws three picks and the Birds win 45-10.
Please

with the new NFL relay reviews and the fact every turnover is supposed to be get reviewed and the fact it ended the game it should have at least warranted a look. the TV glossed it over pretty quickly..

with the new NFL relay reviews and the fact every turnover is supposed to be get reviewed and the fact it ended the game it should have at least warranted a look. the TV glossed it over pretty quickly..

I agree with u but they didn't reverse the first two challenged PIs which were more egregious than the last one. This reviewing (or not) of PIs is going to be a big issue all year long. Inconsistency will reign.

I suppose its rodgers fault the dropped the 3 TD passes?
That excuse doesn’t fly. If it does Welker’s drop in SB 46 wouldn’t be used against Brady.
Rodgers was solid the point being debated was he left a lot out there against a terrible secondary.
If the D picked him up against the Bears he didn’t pick the D up last night.
They lost by 7 and left a lot of points on the field.

after seeing the first 2 not get overturned i doubted they would ever do the 3rd but at least they should look at it.

i would be happy if the INT reviews only worked with stuff they could see in real time. the first non call was pretty easy to see as it happened the 2nd was pretty clean until they slowed it down and then you could see it. the last one looked pretty obvious from the back and they barely showed any angles before the cut out.

That excuse doesn’t fly. If it does Welker’s drop in SB 46 wouldn’t be used against Brady.
Rodgers was solid the point being debated was he left a lot out there against a terrible secondary.
he threw for almost 450, he made a bunch of throws last night that Brady cant make and Mahommes is the only one making right now.

he threw for almost 450, he made a bunch of throws last night that Brady cant make and Mahommes is the only one making right now.
He threw for 450 because every time GB ran the ball they were doing Philly a favor.
The secondary of the Eagles was atrocious and that is being kind.
Wherever Schwartz slid the coverage Rodgers had an easy matchup to exploit.
When Sendjo? The safety was helping on the outside the middle was wide Open and he protected the middle Adams was destroying them on the outside.
Rodgers wasn’t terrible by any means he just missed throws, left points on the field and wasn’t getting called out for it.
At the end of the game Wentz on 3rd down at midfield throw an out to Jeffrey that the WR didn’t run the complete route. Wentz put it right on the sideline. Aikman called Wentz out and said it was a terrible throw when it was perfect. It put the ball where only Jeffrey could catch it and the DB couldn’t undercut it.
Jeffrey stopped the route.

I am talking now about the fact Rodgers never gets criticism for his play. It’s always someone else.

At some point he should be better then if he's almost as good as Mahomes. Outside of last night he hasn't been. Brady, Brees, Mahomes have all played better in recent seasons.

Who holds Welker's drop against Brady?

At some point he should be better then if he's almost as good as Mahomes. Outside of last night he hasn't been. Brady, Brees, Mahomes have all played better in recent seasons.

Nobody is perfect though. Brees left some stuff on the vine in last year's NFC championship game. It happens.

Nobody is perfect though. Brees left some stuff on the vine in last year's NFC championship game. It happens.

Not the point. I was posting toward consistency over time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom