NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

The Antonio Brown Saga appears to be over. He announced via Twitter that he's heading to the Raiders.

The Antonio Brown Saga appears to be over. He announced via Twitter that he's heading to the Raiders.
3rd and 5th round picks to Pittsburgh.
Brown killed his trade value.

:vomit: Had to be done unfortunately. Up until the past few months , he was no doubt my favorite player. Can’t help but be disappointed about the whole thing.

What a steal. Cooper a 3 and a 5 for Brown and a 1st. Makes Gruden look like a genius though it was pure luck.

3rd and 5th round picks to Pittsburgh.
Brown killed his trade value.
Speaking of which...I’m thinking a 6th for that silver spooned, Board loved, fortnight playing, no shouldered, SoCal weak minded piece of shlit QB, rosencrantz or is it guildenstern??!!!

On second thought...Better make it a 7...

Speaking of which...I’m thinking a 6th for that silver spooned, Board loved, fortnight playing, no shouldered, SoCal weak minded piece of shlit QB, rosencrantz or is it guildenstern??!!!

On second thought...Better make it a 7...
Antonio Brown had leverage and tanked his value.
Buffalo was going to swap first round positions with Pittsburgh but Brown wouldn’t go anywhere without a new contract.
Teams weren’t going to call his bluff and force him to retire as he wouldn’t have but he would have been a big time headache.
Thus once he wanted a new contract only teams with a lot of cap space had a chance like the Jets/Colts/Raiders.
Brown got 31 million guaranteed when he had 0 guaranteed money left on his deal.
The Steelers got destroyed by Brown’s stealing a page from Terrel Owens playbook.
If Brown didn’t play this well the Steelers return would have been more.
As the Raiders traded a 3rd round pick for Martivus Bryant last year.
Antonio Brown is a legit top 3 WR in the league and only cost an additional 5th rounder because of how he and Drew Rosenhaus played the Steelers.

Josh Rosen will get traded for a 2nd round pick at minimum.
Patriots have 2 of them they would ice up one of them a top 10 pick from last year with 3 years of rookie pay on the books and an option if he was good.

Buffalo was going to swap first round positions with Pittsburgh but Brown wouldn’t go anywhere without a new contract.
Teams weren’t going to call his bluff and force him to retire as he wouldn’t have but he would have been a big time headache.
Thus once he wanted a new contract only teams with a lot of cap space had a chance like the Jets/Colts/Raiders.
Brown got 31 million guaranteed when he had 0 guaranteed money left on his deal.
The Steelers got destroyed by Brown’s stealing a page from Terrel Owens playbook.
Antonio Brown is a legit top 3 WR in the league and only cost an additional 5th rounder because of how he and Drew Rosenhaus played the Steelers.

Patriots have 2 of them they would ice up one of them a top 10 pick from last year with 3 years of rookie pay on the books and an option if he was good.
Who is Antonio Brown ?

I hope the patsys waiste a 2 on that schmuck.

Of course after taking 5 or 6 snaps BB will trade him for a 1 in the top 5.

No more excuses for captain checkdown

Bucs releasing D Jackson , wonder if he will resign with philly.(not official yet )

Last edited:
Bucs releasing D Jackson , wonder if he will resign with philly.(not official yet )

I can't decipher what kind of cap room they have right now after re-signing Graham, releasing Jernigan, restructuring Peters, and signing Jackson. Can't be too much. Wouldn't think they would have enough to give DJax $10m, make other moves and have enough left over for their draft class. Who knows though.

Supposedly that is where he wants to go. He would be helpful. They lack a deep threat. Bit of a diva tho but nothing out of the ordinary for a NFL WR.

I can't decipher what kind of cap room they have right now after re-signing Graham, releasing Jernigan, restructuring Peters, and signing Jackson. Can't be too much. Wouldn't think they would have enough to give DJax $10m, make other moves and have enough left over for their draft class. Who knows though.

Letting Foles walk provided big cap relief, too.

Letting Foles walk provided big cap relief, too.

I don't think it did anything since his contract was up. I had forgot the Michael Bennett trade though too.

I don't think it did anything since his contract was up. I had forgot the Michael Bennett trade though too.

Letting Foles walk provided $18.8 million in cap relief. They also restructured several contracts (L. Johnson, Peters to name two prominent ones).

There goes Flowers to the Lions. Big money.

Letting Foles walk provided $18.8 million in cap relief. They also restructured several contracts (L. Johnson, Peters to name two prominent ones).

That makes 0 sense. He had a $20m option they picked up and then he voided and then they decided to not franchise tag him. That doesn't provide relief, it's just empty cap space. I guess if you pretend that for the 2 hours before he voided the option that he was under contract then you can phrase it that way.

So far today we have seen the largest contracts ever given to a Safety, Inside LB and OT and are we sure any of those players are above-average NFL players at their position? Brown assuredly is not. Alexander is maybe above average when he's not hurt or suspended or leading the league in missed tackles. Collins is probably the only one that can safely be called above-average but even he was awful in coverage last year. 45th among safeties while in coverage. Kind of a big deal seeing as he's a Safety and the league is approaching 60% passing plays.

Foles done. I'd be pretty damn nervous about giving him 50m guaranteed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom