NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Can't save what was never used. He wasn't under contract for 2019. They didn't gain cap space, they just didn't use it.

But to answer your earlier question, yeah they had the cap space to trade for DJack.

Baker to OBJ is gonna be some fun!!!
Cleveland could be KC with a actual talent on defense next year.
It all comes down to coaching for them next year.
How good a HC is Kitchens? They are loaded offensively.

Also if I were a Steelers fan I am pissed at Antonio Brown.
He tanked his trade value so badly all they got was a 3rd and a 5th while OBJ went for a 1st and 3rd and former first round pick.

He tanked his trade value so badly all they got was a 3rd and a 5th while OBJ went for a 1st and 3rd and former first round pick.
I still don’t know who antonio brown is. If I hypothetically knew someone with that name I’d be very upset at him.

Giants got Landon Collins replacement and 1st and 3rd it’s a good haul.
Giants are probably tanking next year and won’t be taking a QB now in this draft.

Pretty good return for Beckham

Man, opposing D's are gonna be able to load up on Saquon. Sure, the return is potentially good if Gettleman drafts well, but I'm flummoxed by what the Jints are doing.

Man, opposing D's are gonna be able to load up on Saquon. Sure, the return is potentially good if Gettleman drafts well, but I'm flummoxed by what the Jints are doing.

As Alsacs noted seems like there setting up a tank for next year to get a qb in the 2020 draft. Defensively and now at wr they have huge holes. Does seem they got a good return for ODB, more then I would have wanted the Bill's to give up.

It’s a great deal for the Giants.
It’s an acknowledgement the Giants weren’t winning a title next year. Thus you cash in an asset that is a luxury.
First round and third round picks should be 2 starters and Peppers replaces Collins at the same cheap low money rate.
It’s a good deal.
Don’t take a QB in this draft. Draft OL let Eli have his swan song and draft the QB next year.

Joking aside, that is what really bothered me the most about the whole thing. He purposely wanted to screw the Steelers. He liked an article on Twitter
That discussed the winners and losers of the trade, with one of the losers being the Steelers. There is no need to do that. Its one thing if you are upset with the organization , and i would go as far to say that I don’t think they probably treated him as well as they should have. It’s a slap in the face to the fans. The fact that he doesn’t care about that , IMO , says a lot. End of rant.

Joking aside, that is what really bothered me the most about the whole thing. He purposely wanted to screw the Steelers. He liked an article on Twitter
That discussed the winners and losers of the trade, with one of the losers being the Steelers. There is no need to do that. Its one thing if you are upset with the organization , and i would go as far to say that I don’t think they probably treated him as well as they should have. It’s a slap in the face to the fans. The fact that he doesn’t care about that , IMO , says a lot. End of rant.
He is an ahole. No doubt. Requesting the trade was fair but tanking his value pulling a TO routine was unprofessional and he was rewarded which sucked.

OBJ is going to want more money from Cleveland.
This was a great trade for NYG.

Great move by the Giants as long as they don’t draft a QB this year. Next year’s QB class is light years better

It’s a great deal for the Giants.
It’s an acknowledgement the Giants weren’t winning a title next year. Thus you cash in an asset that is a luxury.
First round and third round picks should be 2 starters and Peppers replaces Collins at the same cheap low money rate.
It’s a good deal.
Don’t take a QB in this draft. Draft OL let Eli have his swan song and draft the QB next year.

He's a luxury only for this year. He's an asset for a contending team which presumably the Jints hope to be by 2020. With Saquon as their bell cow, they're gonna need to contend before he gets the bleep beat out of him. Which he will this year. The deal is only as good as Gettleman is at picking players. Previous results have been mixed.

Any chance Giants trade pick(s) for Rosen if Arizona takes Kyler?

Decent haul, but not good enough. Overall, It’s a terrible move... shows a complete lack of foresight on Gettleman’s part. $32M in dead money tied up this year.

You don’t sign that contract if this was the move.
Completely blowing up a roster around a RB, the least valuable commodity in the NFL as a skill position. (Even though I think Barkley is special.)

The assumption is 2020 QB - I’m convinced he’s taking Haskins at 6. If not, then you’re projecting a tanked 2019 for what, Tua?

So you trade arguably the premier WR in the NFL for a better chance at a 2020 QB - that will need time to develop?

I was fine with Vernon, even Collins. The ‘Skins are way over paying for a physical safety with questionable cover skills.

The problem is that they’ve completely bungled the movement of their assets.

Coupled with the Saquon draft pick and the contract they gave OBJ, this is such a disaster for the Giants.

He's a luxury only for this year. He's an asset for a contending team which presumably the Jints hope to be by 2020. With Saquon as their bell cow, they're gonna need to contend before he gets the bleep beat out of him. Which he will this year. The deal is only as good as Gettleman is at picking players. Previous results have been mixed.
Barkley was a terrible pick for where the Giants were as a contending team.
The team thought they could win last year and the season showed they couldn’t.
If Gettleman had it over again I don’t think he takes Barkley second overall.
RBs in the top 5 now don’t make sense.
Barkley is already a top 10 paid RB because the RB market is so suppressed and he is only in a second year thus his rookie deal isn’t exactly a bargain.

Giants need to rebuild their OL then find the next QB.
Eli is going to take a beating for the organization next year.
Load up on young talent in 2019. End up with a top 5 pick in this draft and get your QB next year.

The Chiefs and 49ers have agreed to a deal that would send Dee Ford to San Francisco for a 2020 second-round pick.
Thank you Dee for giving the Patriots title 6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom