NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 90 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

BB is such a weird dude. Up 33-0 and ten minutes to go in the 4Q and he still has Brady in the game. The NYJ could be out there until Thursday evening and they wouldn't score a point. Very strange.

2019 TD passes for the Jets against Patriots.
0- Luke Falk
0- Sam Darnold
1- Jared Stidham

I find it odd that Sammy boy .. who was getting man to man looks and blitzed all night .. had huge running Lanes.. and despite being mobile .. never ran .. it was as if he wanted to throw off his back foot on purpose

Btw .. if the jets deferred to the 2nd half , they should be shot ..the game was over after that life sucking first drive . This reminded me of last years eagles / giants Thursday night game that was over after the Eli pick drive 1 .

Patriots just got their missing weapon.
If their LT comes back from IR in 3 weeks they got enough now.

More points right there.
How close is it?

Ended up winning 128.98 to 126.74. The Pats D and Sam Darnold were my MVPs this week. It certainly wasn't the coach who left Aaron Rodgers on the bench.

The Jets crowd shots are great.

Football play aside, I do like the Jets uniforms. I like them using the green helmet, that’s the one I grew up with. Back when we used to collect the mini plastic versions of all of them.
I think the helmets are sharp as heck.

Those jerseys tho - blah - they look like a cheap hs team’s jersey.

Ended up winning 128.98 to 126.74. The Pats D and Sam Darnold were my MVPs this week. It certainly wasn't the coach who left Aaron Rodgers on the bench.
Legitimately the Patriots D might be the most valuable fantasy unit.
They aren’t just allowing an average of 6.9 PPG they have forced a ton of turnovers and sacks as well.

What the hell happened last week between the Cowboys and Jets?

Terrible defense. Plus on O they were missing 4 or 5 starters. Still should have won but JG went conservative like he always does against.

What would people who own the Patriots D in fantasy trade them for?
Like their value has to be insane thus far.

I've ridden their defense to the #1 spot in my money league so far. I have no idea what I'd trade them for. I'm open to the idea of selling high on them but I have no idea how they'd be valued by other teams; I've never seen a defense quite this reliable on a week to week basis. The only one I can really remember being anything like this was that one Bears defense in the early 2000's that seemingly scored a TD every game.

Patriots just got their missing weapon.
If their LT comes back from IR in 3 weeks they got enough now.

"Weapon"

Edit: I'm sure New England is just happy to have a guy that they can rely on to physically be on the field and do his job. That's what Sanu is. But he's been in the league like 10 years now and has never really been a weapon. He's a decent #3 WR and in the Patriots system, they don't really need more than that.

Last edited:
Greaaat. Thanks Atlanta!

Always doing what ya can to help out everyone’s favorite team.
Teams keep trading with them. It’s so ridiculous.

A 2nd rounder seems steep for Sanu but the only thing the Pats don’t do well is Draft so I guess it’s whatever.

"Weapon"

Edit: I'm sure New England is just happy to have a guy that they can rely on to physically be on the field and do his job. That's what Sanu is. But he's been in the league like 10 years now and has never really been a weapon. He's a decent #3 WR and in the Patriots system, they don't really need more than that.
This is fair. I think Sanu is a legit starting WR and is productive.
That is really what this Patriots offense needed. Another reliable WR.
When the Patriots played Buffalo they were short of reliable offense players.
Edelman was hurt in that game and gutted it out as a decoy.

The 2nd round pick was offered to Atlanta before the draft for Sanu. The Falcons GM is a former Patriots scout they have a relationship. That is why teams will still trade with the Patriots.
Front offices of Detroit, Tampa, Tennessee, Atlanta are all Patriots former scouts.

The Patriots 2nd round pick is like a 3rd round pick because of when the Patriots pick and that is why they had to give up a 2nd round pick. Plus Sanu has another year on his contract. Plus the Patriots will get two 3rd round compensatory picks for Trent Brown and Trey Flowers.
Green and Sanders are FA. They will likely go for 3rd round picks.
Denver wanted a 3rd round pick from NE for Sanders.

What would people who own the Patriots D in fantasy trade them for?
Like their value has to be insane thus far.

I can tell you that I traded them as a cherry on top with Evans and Golladay for Zeke and a struggling Diggs after week 3 or 4 assuming they couldn't keep it up. I was wrong.

The 2nd round pick was offered to Atlanta before the draft for Sanu. The Falcons GM is a former Patriots scout they have a relationship. That is why teams will still trade with the Patriots.
Front offices of Detroit, Tampa, Tennessee, Atlanta are all Patriots former scouts.

The Patriots 2nd round pick is like a 3rd round pick because of when the Patriots pick and that is why they had to give up a 2nd round pick. Plus Sanu has another year on his contract. Plus the Patriots will get two 3rd round compensatory picks for Trent Brown and Trey Flowers.

Yeah that all makes sense. I think everyone can agree Sanders and AJ are much better players when healthy, but given the Patriots injury issues, it seems like they may have valued Sanu's availability over higher-ceiling acquisitions like Sanders and AJ.

Now they'll have 3 guys that can throw the ball on the field at all times. Can't wait for BB to use that to his advantage in some tight game...

And should you need it, he has plenty of experience running the wildcat from his time at Rutgers. ;)

Yeah that all makes sense. I think everyone can agree Sanders and AJ are much better players when healthy, but given the Patriots injury issues, it seems like they may have valued Sanu's availability over higher-ceiling acquisitions like Sanders and AJ.

They are playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. They turn chicken $heet into chicken salad all the time.

Last edited:
Terrible defense. Plus on O they were missing 4 or 5 starters. Still should have won but JG went conservative like he always does against.

I was gonna go with...

"They didn't have 2019 film on Sam Darnold."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom